Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• Bring Me Two Piña Coladas

Re: Going To The Hoop - The Official NBA Thread 2006-2007

Quote Originally Posted by Djmutto View Post
    Likable probably was not the right word to use to characterize Kobe. One word would not be able to sum him up there are so many different aspects to him. What I was trying to point out is that to me Kobe could carry himself in a better way. I know he is trying to win basketball games and he doesn't have a lot help around him, but he always looks mad. He has this sour face like he's better than everyone so why are we even bothering to play the games. All his smiles even look forced. Other superstars like Lebron, Wade, or Shaq look like they are having fun. Even AI looks like he enjoys playing basketball more than Kobe. Maybe if he adjusts his attitude a little more maybe the league will be quicker to protect him and get him more trips to the line.

You should watch him play this season, haven't seen him have more fun!

• Hooterville, USA

Kobe isn't going to live the rape thingy down ever!
    He paid the girl off and that doesn't set well with people.

Also, add to that Shaq being traded to keep Kobe and that's why he gets no respect.

It doesn't matter if any of it is true, it's how people perceive it.

And this coming from a Laker fan dating back to before Wilt was ever traded to the Lakers.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

***BREAKING NEWS***

Iverson to the Nuggets...

• Hola!

Some people really don't like Kobe. Your right, Raja Bell does get more respect than Kobe. When Raja scores 81 points in one game, maybe I will respect him more. But he does look funny in a santa suit as I saw on the Phoenix Suns homepage.

Quote Originally Posted by Rtoups View Post
    Some people really don't like Kobe. Your right, Raja Bell does get more respect than Kobe. When Raja scores 81 points in one game, maybe I will respect him more. But he does look funny in a santa suit as I saw on the Phoenix Suns homepage.

Raja Bell is a non deservant, lucky, dirty, mean spirited, bad sportsman %@#$#@$@#$@ UGHHHH I hate him. He's dirtier than Bruce Bowen (at least Bowen hugs u after the game, Bell punches or clotheslines you)

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas View Post
    And this coming from a Laker fan dating back to before Wilt was ever traded to the Lakers.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rtoups View Post
    I couldn't care less about the 81 points. I'm not Kobe's biggest fan, but when Bell has three rings, then we might discuss things, not before... (and yes, I know that Kobe had the big man with him during those years.)

On another topic...it's fairly obvious that barring injury, Ohio State's Greg Oden will be the top pick in the upcoming draft.

Already there is talk that some of the league's worst teams might somehow "tank" games down the stretch in order to get the most ping pong balls in that lottery bowl.

Question - if you're a pro athlete, no matter how good your team, how could you ever not want to win a game you're playing in?

And...talk about my naivete...don't the teams in question owe something of an effort to the fans who paid the outrageous prices for an NBA game ticket?

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

A recent poll taken by all the GM's in the NBA, it was unanimous that they would ALL have Kobe take the last shot to win the game. Kobe did have the big hypocrit with him during the 3 peat, but they also had Phil Jackson, Ron Harper and Brian Shaw. They had the same team before those 3 arrived, and bam, championship the first year once Phil comes, amazing huh?

Kobe has gotten a bad rep, undeservingly, because he is more private than other players and he's the most competetive, tough minded pplayer we have seen since Michael Jordan.

We all know how Miami won the championship last year given all the free throws, and the admitted blown call that would've given the Championship they deserved. There's no way Miami would have won, outright.

Kobe is pure greatness, all the people who really know about basketball know this. He drives his teamates to perform, he's installed confidence in the young team, he's a proven leader and the past 2 Lakers teams have gotten along better than any other NBA team in recent history. People really need to stop being stubborn about Kobe Bryant and realize the truth.

Stop being so oblivious to reality. Kobe is the true MVP. Kobe is the greatest player in the game right now. And just as there was no other Magic, Jordan, West or Bird, there will never be another Kobe Bryant. The man is insane on the court where people have to pull and hold on to her jersey, play him illegally (as the refs allow), and end up quadruple teaming him and he still ends up dunking on a 7'6" Yao Ming.

Stop bashing and hating, and start respecting.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by goofygoof View Post

Kobe is pure greatness, all the people who really know about basketball know this. He drives his teamates to perform, he's installed confidence in the young team, he's a proven leader and the past 2 Lakers teams have gotten along better than any other NBA team in recent history. People really need to stop being stubborn about Kobe Bryant and realize the truth.

Stop being so oblivious to reality. Kobe is the true MVP. Kobe is the greatest player in the game right now. And just as there was no other Magic, Jordan, West or Bird, there will never be another Kobe Bryant. The man is insane on the court where people have to pull and hold on to her jersey, play him illegally (as the refs allow), and end up quadruple teaming him and he still ends up dunking on a 7'6" Yao Ming.

Stop bashing and hating, and start respecting.
    Who's bashing and hating? Not me. Just because I'm not his biggest fan doesn't mean that I disagree with the thinking that he's the "greatest player in the game right now".

Whatever rancor there might have been between them, Phil Jackson certainly seems to bring out the best in Kobe too. Or is it just coincidence the most of Kobe's best years have come when Jackson was coaching the team?

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Who's bashing and hating? Not me. Just because I'm not his biggest fan doesn't mean that I disagree with the thinking that he's the "greatest player in the game right now".

Whatever rancor there might have been between them, Phil Jackson certainly seems to bring out the best in Kobe too. Or is it just coincidence the most of Kobe's best years have come when Jackson was coaching the team?

--Barry
    You're completely right. Phil Jackson has brought out the best in Jordan, Pippen, Shaqocrit O'Neal, Kobe, Lamar Odom, even all of the role players. Tex Winter has a lot to do with this also and deserves a lot of credit.

I'm not picking on you, I was talking in general on how much people are so set on hating some player that brings out the greatest in the game.

I for one hate watching Nash, Tony Parker, Iverson, Marbury play mainly because they get away with things that give them a handicap to putting off numbers, such as palming (carrying) the ball, discontinued dribbles, traveling, working off of moving screens (picks), it's just sad. Even Pippen said that the reason Tony Parker does what he does, is because he's allowed by the refs to get away with carrying the ball, traveling and working off of illegal moving screens.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Were last year's Clippers just a mirage? Whatever became of "LA's new number 1" team?

This far into the season, it's looking like "same old Clippers" again.

--Barry

PS....Interesting that our friend from Minnesota, Stevo, was strangely quiet after that Lakers-Wolves game the other night, huh? (LOL)

Were last year's Clippers just a mirage? Whatever became of "LA's new number 1" team?

--Barry

PS....Interesting that our friend from Minnesota, Stevo, was strangely quiet after that Lakers-Wolves game the other night, huh? (LOL)
    Some reason I knew Maggette wouldn't survive another season, Kaman is a fluke and Sam "I am" will slowly need some 'help' to survive an 82 game season!

• Tui's Brother

--Barry

That is disapointing, the T-Wolves need to do something like trade for someone. This team is headed in the wrong direction. If they're going to trade KG, then trade him. I am sick of this KG trade talk.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I'm glad I didn't give up any of my Christmas Day on that so-called "tradition" Lakers-Heat game (won easily by Miami). Tell the Disney-ABC hype machine that three years hardly males a "tradition", especially when Shaq is in street clothes.

--Barry

I'm glad I didn't give up any of my Christmas Day on that so-called "tradition" Lakers-Heat game (won easily by Miami). Tell the Disney-ABC hype machine that three years hardly males a "tradition", especially when Shaq is in street clothes.

--Barry
    and when the Lakers have played twice on the road in a row, 8th straight xmas game, and the refs screwed them over again.

luis grillo, jess kersey are beyond their years of being able to keep up. how many more free throws does Wade need? Didn't they learn anything from the NBA Finals when he took a RECORD 90+???

Disgusting!!! Yeah the Lakers came out 'not wanting to play' out of the gates too...Kobe with the Flu, no Odom and the ref's handcuffing our bigs

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast