Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Re: Going To The Hoop - The Official NBA Thread 2006-2007

Quote Originally Posted by goofygoof View Post
    and when the Lakers have played twice on the road in a row, 8th straight xmas game, and the refs screwed them over again.

luis grillo, jess kersey are beyond their years of being able to keep up. how many more free throws does Wade need? Didn't they learn anything from the NBA Finals when he took a RECORD 90+???

Disgusting!!! Yeah the Lakers came out 'not wanting to play' out of the gates too...Kobe with the Flu, no Odom and the ref's handcuffing our bigs
    Quite respectfully, in your posts you seem to suggest that there is some sort of referee and/or league conspiracy against the Lakers. Isn't it possible that they just lose games sometimes?
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Bring Me Two Piña Coladas

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Quite respectfully, in your posts you seem to suggest that there is some sort of referee and/or league conspiracy against the Lakers. Isn't it possible that they just lose games sometimes?
    Very possible, very. But the NBA pays special "attention" to certain players that make it obvious. How could Arenas score 60? by taking 27 free throws. How did Miami beat Dallas? Wade took 90 free throws, and the officiating was very inconsistant in the NBA Finals last year (where the Lakers didn't play so it's not agaisnt the Lakers).

Looking at box scores in relation to the game, and the rule being that if you get fouled on a shot attempt that doesn't get counted against your field goal percentage. Certain teams shoot a high percentage because they get the calls, and it doesn't go against their shots taken because of the foul. The Lakers, and other teams, like Dallas, have a lower FG% and hight turnover rate because of the inconsistancy in the officiating. What contact is on one end, isn't on the other. Espcially the exaggerated play gaurds to throwing their body out like Ginobili, Nash, Wade, Iverson. The same premise isn't on other ends. Then they handcuff the bigs and allow the other bigs to play freely because on defense bigs can't get physical or play close. But on the other end obvious fouls or goaltends are not as 'exposed'.

There's a reason why everytime Mark Cuban speaks up with his stats on the officiating the NBA fines him because they know they're wrong and trying to shut him up.

Like PJ said today, Wade has a spin move he travels on everytime, moving the pivot foot. He goes 20 feet with that one spin move.

Its a calamity

• Lucky, Rather Than Good

My question is, when the Lakers win is it because the refs screwed over the other team or did the Lakers just play better? It's not like Kobe never goes to the line. I would guess that over the last few years he has been in the top ten or so of free throws taken. The NBA is the worst officiated professional sports league though.
    " Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world. " Oh no we might be in trouble

• Hooterville, USA

If you want to see a Kobe hater, here I am.
    I am so tired of everyone defending this selfish excuse of a team player by saying that "Kobe doesn't trust his teamates". That's so much BS.

I have watched a few games in my day and I've seen it all. But I can't stand to watch so called "best in the world" players that aren't even fundamentaly sound. Airballs at the freethrow line, can't get the ball across midcourt in time, don't know how to call a timeout, can't make a decent entry pass to another, doesn't box out,and on and on.

I look around the league to see who plays the game the way it used to be and I come up empty. There are some really good players in the NBA, but they still don't do it on both ends. If the "dunk" was outlawed like it was during Kareem's years in college, then you would see better shooting.

Back to Kobe. You're gonna say that he's complete at both ends of the floor. I say to check out the points that Redd, Wade, and Arenas scored on him and you'll see he isn't playing any "D".

Anywho, that's my opinion on the matter. It's good chatting about something I know a little about.
    Last edited by Druggas; 12-26-2006 at 11:53 AM.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas View Post
    If you want to see a Kobe hater, here I am.
    I am so tired of everyone defending this selfish excuse of a team player by saying that "Kobe doesn't trust his teamates". That's so much BS.

I have watched a few games in my day and I've seen it all. But I can't stand to watch so called "best in the world" players that aren't even fundamentaly sound. Airballs at the freethrow line, can't get the ball across midcourt in time, don't know how to call a timeout, can't make a decent entry pass to another, doesn't box out,and on and on.

I look aroud the league to see who plays the game the way it used to be and I come up empty. There are some really good players in the NBA, but they still don't do it on both ends. If the "dunk" was outlawed like it was during Kareem's years in college, then you would see better shooting.

Back to Kobe. You're gonna say that he's complete at both ends of the floor. I say to check out the points that Redd, Wade, and Arenas scored on him and you'll see he isn't playing any "D".

Anywho, that's my opinion on the matter. It's good chatting about something I know a little about.
    But he has made 1st team all defense, I dont think any of those players above have. If he WANTS, he can play defense.

But as usual, how the game is going to be played is dictated in the 1st quarter. Which means the refs will call fouls, most likely ticky tack hand checks, blocks, bs 'on the arm' fouls, to have teh defender back off, and let the offensive player enjoy more freedon. Which is what we saw against those players, and when Kobe got fouled out. If Kobe gets fouled out, and as aggressive he is on the offensive end, the players trying to defend him should be too, right? I'm a basketball official (CIF, NCAA, FIBA), I know what I see. The officials conduct a pregame that they point out areas to concentrate on during the course of the game. I'm talking from experience and knowledge of the rules and the game. These NBA officials, well some of them, are not objective and consistant.

• Tui's Brother

The T-Wolves beat the Chicago Bulls tonight 100-98. The Wolves pretty much dominated the game but the Bulls bounced back, but came a lot litte short. The Wolves play the Raptors tommorow night.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Phil Jackson says that Shq was his only star that never liked to work in practice.

Shaq says we can't trust the word of "Benedict Arnold".

Laugh, laugh, laugh.

And the beat goes on.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Phil Jackson says that Shq was his only star that never liked to work in practice.

Shaq says we can't trust the word of "Benedict Arnold".

Laugh, laugh, laugh.

And the beat goes on.

--Barry

hehehehehe I believe PJ, after all remember when Shaq said "I get hurt on company time, i'll get better on company time" He has a long history of being a lazy bum

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by goofygoof View Post

hehehehehe I believe PJ, after all remember when Shaq said "I get hurt on company time, i'll get better on company time" He has a long history of being a lazy bum
    And how about Phil, saying for Shaq it's "love the one you're with".

Phil is a product of the 60's, and I'm sure remembers that Stephen (sp?) Stills song of the same name, very well.

Guys on the radio yesterday were going off about Phil including Horace Grant in the list of harder workers. But he also said Dennis Rodman was a harder practice worker than Shaq. Wow.

Say what you will about Rodman. But as least with those Detroit and Chicago championship teams, he was all business on the court. With the Lakers he was more of a court jester.

--Barry

There's a video on You Tube i'll try to find and post the link of. It clips from various interviews about Shaq not being able to exist with others and always being a brat for attention. Like his times with Penny Hardaway and Kobe. His hypocritic ways "i'll never play for another coach than Phil, I want to retire a Laker, "pay meee" wanting $33 mil a year, then demanding a trade for not getting it, signing for $20 mil a year with the Miami Cheat.

Pat Riley:
    "Hinrich pulled his hand. He does it all the time," Riley told reporters. "That's what he does. Anytime Dwyane comes off screens, they will always grab his shirt or grab his hands. It's a tactic down below the body -- the official can't see it. He had Dwyane's hand, and [when Wade] tried to pull it out of there, I think something happened."

Hmmmmm If only Pat knew that happens to Kobe, Dirk and Lebron ALL THE TIME!!! WELCOME TO THE CLUB D WADE!

Lakers vs Sacramento...I LOVE how Charles Barkley even pointed out the ref's horrible calls...since when did Garcia get to Kobe status to get the calls that Wade or Nash get?

All the non calls, if it was Nash or Wade, it'd be a quick whistle...it was horrible, even my g/f watching it with me fell to sit on the floor and put her head between her hands in disbelief!!!!

robby robinson was one of the refs that screwed it up, and of course jess kersey was there too...that idiot

• Lucky, Rather Than Good

The refs didn't blow a 21 point lead, and its not like the Lakers lost
    " Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world. " Oh no we might be in trouble

Quote Originally Posted by Djmutto View Post
    The refs didn't blow a 21 point lead, and its not like the Lakers lost
    i'll bring the game tape, you bring the alchy

• Hooterville, USA

The refs in the Sacramento game, seemed to want to break the record for most fouls called in one game.

Sacramento used to be a great rivalry but they have fallen on hard times since Vlade left for the Lakers. I guess they didn't know how important he was to keeping their offense flowing and making sure that everyone got their touches. Too bad his back gave out before his career did.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast