OMG! Someone tried to steal my dog!

I cannot believe this, or believe that there are people like this in the world, let alone, in my neighborhood!
    SOMEONE TRIED TO STEAL MY DOG!!!!!My friend and I were taking turns going to the store tonight ( i watch your kids, you watch mine kinda thing) and I brought my Punchy dog over to play with her Daisy dog. Well, thare was a situation with my DD and while I was tending to that, Punchy slipped under the hole in the fence. I couldn't leave 5 kids there and go look for him,and I figure, well, he's microchipped, if anyone finds him, I will get him back, no problem. So I asked the little girls outside, and they said they saw him wandering, and took him around to a few houses and someone said they would take him and look for the owner. Well, the girls went back to the house, and the girl came out and said sure, I'll go get him...

5 minutes or so pass, Jenn is back, so I have the girls take me to her house... with my DS3, who is very upset that punchy is gone. (he helped me bring Punchy home from the shelter 5 weeks ago) Her husband comes to the door, and tells me he didn't want the dog, he didn't know who's it was, so he had just put it outside, and he ran off.

Well, I go about looking for him (with a group of 5 girls in the 10-7 age range), and one of the neighbors says "I just saw the girl go from her back fence to her neighbors yard."

I'm thinkin', no way, nobody could look at DS's face and tell me they don't have our dog...But then I think how weird it was, she went to get him for me and never came back...why would you take a dog from these little girls and then just put him out...it just didn't sit. So I ask the neighbor, which yard is theirs, and I go back casually, just looking and whistling, still with DS in tow...and sure enough when I get behind their fence, I hear Punchy barking, so I peeked through a crack, and there he was, scratching at the fence!

So I ran to that gate as quick as I could, grabbed him up, and yelled to my troop of girls "FOUND HIM!!!!"

How can people be like that? That is just WRONG on every level?
    Should I call security and let them know where the dog theives live? Or should I post signs on the mailboxes "KEEP TRACK OF YOUR DOGS...SOMEONE ELSE WANTS THEM" These people live 2 townhouses down....its just crazy! I don't want to take Punchy out of the house again!
    I reject your reality, and subsitute my own!

• See what I got?

Re: OMG! Someone tried to steal my dog!

Well, that really stinks! Some people are just not decent human beings. I would just file the info away in my head and consider it a lesson learned.

• I have returned !!

yeah some people suck. I am very glad you got your dog back.. but I wouldnt let him outta my sight.

Mickey's cool but Johnny Depp Rocks !

Got Tiger? I do !!

LAST DLR Trip ? POTC: AWE PREMIERE !! 5-17~5-24
    next trip?? Dec 2007

• And, THEN she said...

I would definately tell security, the cops, AND post the flyers if someone tried to take one of my furkids EVERYBODY would know about it!

heck, I beat the crap out of the ex hubby for trying to steal my dog..the one that is sleeping under my puter desk as I type..people I think have to be warned about scum like that!

People like that are sick, no good rotten pieces of crud. I'm glad you got your dog back.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Wow, as if stealing the dog in the first place wasn't bad enough, he lies right to your face about it!

Some people suck, I'm glad your story had a happy ending though.