Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Man O Lantern

Seattle Trip Report--Pike Place, RENT, Monorail, AI, Mariners and More....

This week I took my twelve year old to Seattle for her birthday to see Rent.

On our way to our hotel downtown, we made a quick stop at Dick's on Broadway for burgers, fries and shakes. I can't go to Seattle without going to a Dick's and reliving a little My Posse's on Broadway.

We stayed at the Mayflower Park Hotel downtown, near the Bon Marche my mom worked at when she married my dad.

We ended up with a corner room on the eleventh floor, with views of the bay and the Space Needle.

After freshening up, we headed down to Pike Place Market and wandered around. Then we went to the original Starbucks on 1st for coffee and gifts.

Right outside was one of the R2D2 mailboxes.

My wedding picture:

We walked along the waterfront to the new Olympic Sculpture Garden.

I took this one for O-nut. If he was there, it would be his favorite sculpture....if that was him taking the picture.

From there we walked up the the Seattle Center, so we could ride the monorail back to our hotel.

I'll upload a video of the monorail ride in a little while.

We freshened up, ate dinner at PF Chang's and then headed up to the Paramount Theater to see Rent.

We had seats in the 8th row. A video of Seasons of Love:

The show was amazing. I wasn't expecting a lot, honestly, but the cast was extremely talented, and the crowd was really into the show. People were singing and dancing, and they got an immediate standing ovation when the show ended. It was such a great show!!

Views from our room:

• That Guy

Re: Seattle Trip Report--Pike Place, RENT, Monorail, AI, Mariners and More....

Great report, thanks Stinks.

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

Great report. We're working on a plan for our Alaska cruise this summer and the pictures were great. We want to see some of those places when we arrive early in Seattle.
    Fight On! Beat the Red Wolves!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
    The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

• Loves Fajita!

That was great!

I also have a very hard time going to Seattle without getting Dicks. We are headed out there tonight and I know Jeremy will insist on going on our way home from the Showbox, and then I will be all like "Well Ok..if you must twist my arm then I guess I will have a Dicks Deluxe"

And it looks like we have the same exact purse.

• Man O Lantern

The next morning we were walking to breakfast and we noticed they were setting up a concert a block from our hotel, and I just figured it was some little free noon show, no big deal.

But when I looked at the newspaper while we were eating, I realized a local guy, Blake Lewis, made the final three in American Idol and they were setting up an American Idol hometown visit show.

We wandered out there about 45 minutes before the show and stood to the side on a concrete wall, about 3 feet up. And thank God we did, because the people down in front who had been waiting for hours couldn't see the show once it started, because the stage was surrounded by huge cameras.

Pat Monahan from Train introduced Blake and his band:

The happy crowd:

A few minutes before the show, someone told me Sir Mixalot was going to be there. Suddenly, I was into it! I was freaking out. Everyone else was there for Blake, I was there for my beloved Sir Mixalot who I got to meet after the show.

They performed Baby Got Back together, and it was great. I'll post a video later....

OMG, I was so happy. My husband calls me Mrs. Mixalot. I obsessively love this guy. Way. Too. Much.

After I my Sir Mixalot high, we headed to Starbucks, then down to Pike Place Market again to pick up some more goodies, before heading to the newly re-opened Seattle Art Museum.

The featured exhibit, we thought looked like a scene from CSI. My husband says Courtney looks like a CSI investigator in this shot:

The museum is amazing. Beautiful remodel and excellent exhibits. I was afraid it would be packed, since it's only been open for 6 days. But it was pretty empty, actually.

We ate a late late lunch at Johnny Rockets and headed back to get our car from the valet, then drove through old town out to Safeco Field for the Mariners/Yankees game.
    Last edited by stinkerbell; 05-12-2007 at 11:31 AM.

• Incognito

Blog Entries

HEY! Like YOU are one to talk about mirrors missy!!

I SO wanna go to that sculpture garden, it looks really cool.

• Shablagoo!

Excellent report.

A big fan of Sir-Mix-A-lots you say. A friend of mine used to go and play video games and eat barbecue at Mix-A-Lot's house all the time back in the day. I can't wait to see more.

• Forever thankful. .

My gosh! I love the report! Seattle is up there with Disneyland in my heart.

Beautiful photos!

What a fun thing to do for your daughter's b-day.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Great trip report, Stink! Love the night shots.

• Circle of Ancients

Oh cool! It looks like you had a great trip with the gorgeous mom/daughter pair!

I love your wedding picture of you married to Starbuck's coffee! Too too funny!

• Banned User

Awsome pictures, Sir Mixalot way cool!!!

• Banned User

Very cool TR!

I met Blake at the Cheesecake Factory at The Grove in Los Angeles while in the bathroom. He was singing while using the stall. Nice guy, he was.

• My cuties!

I'm glad you had such a good time Claire! Looks like gorgeous weather.

• Banned User

Glad you had a fun time! It's been so long since we've been up to the Emerald City. I need me some Pizza Dome. And how cool is it that you met Mix? Righteous!

• Brrr...its cold out there

It looks like you had so much fun ! Very cool trip report ! Seattle is such a fun city !

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast