Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

The Merlot Experience

Well, it finally happened. I guess it was bound to happen sometime......but didn't know that sometime would be today.

I went to Henry's Farmers Market near our house....got some produce and a roaster chicken from their deli area. And I also got a bottle of Merlot. Doctor told my wife to drink a glass of wine now and again to help with her cholesterol.

So, I hunt and hunt for Merlot....and since we really don't drink anymore, we are out of the loop as to what is good and what is not.

So, after about 20 minutes in the wine aisle, I make my way up to the cash register. The young man rings up my groceries - and gives me my total.

I said, "Aren't you going to card me?" He said, "Well sir, you look over 21, so I'm not worried." Oh....stab right to the heart. I said, "Well, I'm actually pushing 36......" I laughed it off.

It's not a big deal really - just making light of the whole thing - but it was funny. This was the first time I have never been carded - wild!

Anyone know any good face-lift doctors?

• no flash photography...

Re: The Merlot Experience

I don't like being carded. The carded me at chilles the other day and apparently I flashed a really dirty look. I didn't realize I did, but I was peeved by it. I was ordering alcohol in restaurants at 14 without being carded.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    I don't like being carded. The carded me at chilles the other day and apparently I flashed a really dirty look. I didn't realize I did, but I was peeved by it. I was ordering alcohol in restaurants at 14 without being carded.
    I say card me - it makes me feel good! I bet if I had shaved today, I might have 'shaved' a few years off my face - then he'd have carded me!

•   
    • So fetch

I don't mind being carded because I look younger than my age. One time I was mistaken for a student in the class I was subbing for... yeah, the class was 7th grade history. The only time I get a little annoyed is when people older than me are carded but I'm not. Usually my husband is carded and I'm not. He's 2 years older than me!

• Minion

Don't feel so bad, I have NEVER EVER been carded!!!
    I would hope I still don't look like an "older woman", but at 13 I passed for 18(the legal age here).
    When I met my now husband I was 21. He did not know my age, so he lied and told me he was 1 year older than he was, thinking I was older than I was. Not wanting him to think I was too young for him, I lied by a year, to be closer to his age (we are 1 1/2 years apart). We were in line at a club one night about a year later and we found out that we had lied.
    Guess it was meant to be!

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    I say card me - it makes me feel good! I bet if I had shaved today, I might have 'shaved' a few years off my face - then he'd have carded me!
    you know...it really does not make me feel younger at all...it just irritates me.

when i worked as a server we carded people who looked 30 or younger. Most of the time I knew they were of age, but we had to card them anyway.....I shouldn't get irritated, but I do. So, being carded does not mean you look younger than 21...it means you look 30 or younger...

When i was 14 I was with my parents. I think that's why i was not carded. When the beer came I asked my mother what to do with it and she said "at $4.00 a bottle you're going to drink it."...love my mother...

• Minion

My mom got carded last february at the market, I was laughing so hard, beacause my mom is 45
    It was funny

I don't get carded anymore. I used to get it all the time, because I used to look much younger than my actual age. I think my appearance is catching up but I've had a long reprieve. I still look good, but I don't look 18 anymore. I guess part of that includes body language, and what I drink. You're more likely to get carded buying wine coolers or something sweet than wine. Plus, some of the checkers know me and know I'm of age by now so they don't need to check my id.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    So, being carded does not mean you look younger than 21...it means you look 30 or younger...
    Say, I hadn't thought of that. This is good info!

Actually, I don't really care....I just found it funny that this is the first time I didn't get carded.....it doesn't really bother me at all...........it's just a 'moment in time'.

But, hey, I'll take 30 or younger. Actually, most people are surprised to find out I am 35 going on 36 - they say I they I was 28 or so.

That's muy bueno in my book!

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

No one ever ever believes that I'm almost 36. I get carded all the time its great

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Just wait a few more decades...and then when you question why your bill is too low...you're told they give you the senior citizen discount.

That's when you'll really start to feel old.

Hilarious Opus! So True!!!!

Dont feel bad, DDad. There may have been more to the non-carding incident than you think.

First of all, you bought wine. Secondly, you took a while doing it. They may have observed you checking out the different choices, which, by your description, took a while.

Now, it seems to me that buying wine in that manner is not the same way someone under 21 purchases alcohol. Usually, they don't buy wine, secondly, if they do, they go with a lable that is cheaper, or easily recognized, like Woodbridge... and they do it quickly. So you may have just acted more than 21, and they noticed.

Cheers!

• love my friends

cant rmemeber the last time i was carded guess I really DO LOOK OLD

Friends for life

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I'm almost 33, but everyone tells me I look maybe 23-25 at the most. I hate it. Probably because I hated my 20's (I love my 30's so far though). Sometimes I get carded, sometimes I don't. I hate it when I do though.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

I figured out that life begins at 30 - and I had a huge party to commemorate that. What's even better is if you can be in your 30's and still look like you might be in your late 20's. How awesome is that!?

The interesting thing is since I'll be 36 later this year, all of a sudden 40 doesn't seem that old - and it once seemed ancient!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast