I wanted to post this to make people aware of the dangers of candles.
Yesterday Gregg lit a candle in our guest bathroom. It was one that has 3 wicks on it. We forgot about it. We were getting ready to eat when the smoke alarms in the house started going off. I ran into the bathroom, and there on the sink was the candle, flames going up pretty high. I tried to blow it out, which seemed to make it not happy and it got a little worse. I called Gregg in and he blew with all he could just about and that is when it happened. The wax flew EVERYWHERE. The worst place it flew-Greggs face. He had wax all over his face and at the time we "thought" it splattered in his eye. His eye was bothering him and watering like crazy. He took a little nap, woke up and said it felt better, but that was short lived. I finally talked him in to going to the ER. He finally listened to me and went. He has a corneal abrasion, a scratch on his eye. They put drops in and gave him some pain pills and ointment he has to put in his eye every 6 hours. He seems to be doing better today, but let me tell you, that was scary.
The bathroom still smells like the candle, there is wax everywhere.
It could have been worse, the whole house could have burned down. Thankfully we got to it in time.
Everyone please be careful when burning candles. They are pretty and smell good, but they can be very danergerous.