Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• ..but you can call me Pam

Re: Have you guys heard about the Madeline kidnapping?

Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian View Post
    That's what I was thinking too. In the STATES we have thousands of people missing, hardly any of them make the news. If English Celebs weren't putting up the money, this story wouldn't have even made it over here.

It's tragic, but I don't see what's so special about this particular case, especially when the parents have money...
    .......and were negligent!!! I agree.

• Circle of Ancients

[QUOTE=Speedway;1747887]The thing is, the parents made a foolish mistake but dwelling on it is unfair.

I don't think any one person is dwelling on it other than maybe the parents who made the mistake since it can be really hard to forgive yourself when you make a mistake. I think it's just that when people hear this story for the first time , it's hard to not be shocked. People with infants and toddlers just don't often say to themselves "Okay, the baby/toddler is asleep, I think it's okay for me to leave him/her alone and go eat/shop/swim or whatever. And as long as I have check on him/her every 30 minutes or have a baby monitor turned on, it will be fine." I think it's a good thing that people are talking about what a bad idea it was so that no one else will ever make that same mistake again.

It's as if people think they haven't been punished enough.

I do't think people are really punsihing them. I think most people are saying "That was a really bad idea and it's extremely unfortunate that it turned out this way."

My personal views on the girl herself; I think she is probably safe. I think she has been taken by a couple who want a child, or a mother who cannot have children. I don't think for one minute anyone would have taken her maliciously; don't ask why, I just have this hunch that whoever has her is caring for her like a daughter - and that they will go to any lengths to hide her. I think it will be a struggle to get her back, although I've been hoping for 12 days that they do get her back. Every morning the first thing my mum does is switch on the TV to check.

I hope you are right!

I have no idea why JK Rowling and Beckham got involved with this case and not others, but I think it is great that they are helping to find her. Maybe some other celebrities willl foloow their lead and help with other missing kids' cases.

• Banned User

How horrific. That poor little girl. I have to agree with those questioning the parents though. Leaving little kids unattended like that for even a couple of minutes is ridiculous. Four year olds only need about ten seconds to get into trouble. I can’t imagine leaving them in a strange hotel room for half an hour at a time. The parents certainly couldn’t have known that there was a risk of kidnapping (or maybe they could, I don’t know Portugal that well) but there are enough other risks that made it a bad idea.

I really hope that they get her back. Unfortunately, however, these things rarely ever turn out well.

•   

Has anyone heard any updates on this?????

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

I just did a google search on it and not much has happened other than the money for the reward keeps growing. Here is the article I found.
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

•   

Quote Originally Posted by tinkermonkey View Post
    I just did a google search on it and not much has happened other than the money for the reward keeps growing. Here is the article I found.
    Thanks

• Original Mice-Chatter

Note says where to find body <---link

possible horrific ending to the story

I can't even imagine.

•   

So sad.
    So sick.

• Disappearing/Reappearing

I may get some bad rep here....but, I think their other kids should be taken from them. It's obvious they have no sense of responsibility.

• Banned User

I don't think you should get neg repped. I agree completely. It's sad and horrible and a nightmare, but the trail of accountability leads straight back to the parents for leaving little kids alone in a hotel room. That shouldn't happen at home, let alone in a strange place.

Just horrible all around.

• My cuties!

I also agree with you Stitchy-poo. The hotel had babysitting service the parents could have used instead of leaving the poor 4 year old in charge of the 2 year olds. That poor little thing had to suffer because of the parents' stupidity.

• no flash photography...

That's so sad, the parents are so stupid....that poor little girl...

Quote Originally Posted by twinmom View Post
    I also agree with you Stitchy-poo. The hotel had babysitting service the parents could have used instead of leaving the poor 4 year old in charge of the 2 year olds. That poor little thing had to suffer because of the parents' stupidity.
    The hotel had a babysitting service and the rich parents couldn't be bothered to use it!! OMG I didn't realize there was a service available to them and they just didn't use it! I just don't get leaving a 4yr old in charge of twin 2yr olds! What parent in their right mind would do that?!

I'm so sad that it sounds like this has a bad ending, the child did not deserve to have her life ended that way. So very sad

• I love loop jokes.

Hhhmmm... well we don't know if she's dead. All they got was a tip. They don't have a body.

I read a news article this morning that they weren't able to locate the body in the area that the letter suggested the police look...
    Should her parents have left those children alone? Absolutely NOT! But that's one mistake they are going to have to live with for the rest of their lives if this little girl doesn't make it home. I hope for her sake and theirs that a miracle happens and she comes out of this alive...that's not the kind of pain any parent needs even if they made a serious error in judgement.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast