Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Yeah...I'm cool

Favorite Mexican restaurant in the LA/OC area

Hola guys,

I live up in LA but work down in Irvine, and I'm getting sick of the same old options when it comes to Mexican food.

Where are your favorite Mexican restaurants, from the hole in the wall to family sit down (it would also help to provide location).

If anyone says Taco Bell this thread will go directly to the Litter Box.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: Favorite Mexican restaurant in the LA/OC area

This might be a bit out of the way for you, but in the city of Placentia (off the 57 freeway, exit Yorba Linda blvd) is a little place called RIGOBERTO'S. That place just beats anything I've ever had. Somehow they make everything the way I like it. Beef tacos, chicken quesadillas... tortas, carne asada plates.... everything is good!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Quote Originally Posted by spunkymonkey View Post
    If anyone says Taco Bell this thread will go directly to the Litter Box.
    Okay. Del Taco!

I really like La Casa Garcia, which is just down Harbor from Disneyland at Chapman (across from Target). Been enjoying their food there for decades. Kind of nondescript in appearance, but the food is authentic and very good.

As a side, owner Frank Garcia is well known and respected in the community for his charitable work, and for starting www.wegivethanks.org which is a great non-profit helping-hand organization. The restaurant has been hosting free dinner nights for the underprivileged of the community, since it first opened. They also hosted several fundraisers for victims of Hurricane Katrina.

Good people. Good food.

• Hiding in the shadows

Currently our favorite mexican place currently is La Cocina, but then thats mainly because for the price, the food works and its new and very close to my house (there are a few in Santa Clarita).

Our overall favorite Mexican place is the El Cholo on Western in LA. I think they have one in Pasadena as well and they are building a new one in Santa Clarita by the sports complex later this year (I assume the hold up is the liquor license). I can not wait for them to open!!!

A little piece of heaven

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

El Chollo in Irvine. I believe it's off of Alton & Jeffrey Rd. Delicious.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• is on the rocks

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    This might be a bit out of the way for you, but in the city of Placentia (off the 57 freeway, exit Yorba Linda blvd) is a little place called RIGOBERTO'S. That place just beats anything I've ever had. Somehow they make everything the way I like it. Beef tacos, chicken quesadillas... tortas, carne asada plates.... everything is good!
    I've passed by that place several times on my way to and from home - I'll have to try them out. Hubby and I have been looking for a good Mexican place.
    She did it!

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

I have two in the East L.A. area. One is called King Taco by the 710 & 60 frwys. My favorite is the carne asada burrito (or tacos if I'm not that hungry). The other restaurant is called El Tepeyac located on Evergreen Ave. http://www.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=e...l&ct=authority They have burritos there the size of pillows!!! One in particular, I think it's the Manuel special (seriously I had 3 or 4 coworkers at my old job share this thing because it was so huge.) If you're not afraid of going into East L.A. Spunky, I recommend them both.

• Disgruntled Former CM

El Conquistador on Sunset (near where Santa Monica Blvd ends up) has the best mole in L.A.; and they make their own salsa de molcajete there... and great atmosphere; very friendly. Mexico City on Hillhurst (one block south of Los Feliz) is also really good; very traditional.

• Yeah...I'm cool

Quote Originally Posted by Experiment626 View Post
    I have two in the East L.A. area. One is called King Taco by the 710 & 60 frwys. My favorite is the carne asada burrito (or tacos if I'm not that hungry). The other restaurant is called El Tepeyac located on Evergreen Ave. http://www.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=e...l&ct=authority They have burritos there the size of pillows!!! One in particular, I think it's the Manuel special (seriously I had 3 or 4 coworkers at my old job share this thing because it was so huge.) If you're not afraid of going into East L.A. Spunky, I recommend them both.
    Hey Mamacita, my wife has sent me a many of time to King Taco over there when she was pregnant. I used to eat at the one over in Long Beach, or Signal Hill, when I worked over there.

• Yeah...I'm cool

Quote Originally Posted by EvilQueen View Post
    El Conquistador on Sunset (near where Santa Monica Blvd ends up) has the best mole in L.A.; and they make their own salsa de molcajete there... and great atmosphere; very friendly. Mexico City on Hillhurst (one block south of Los Feliz) is also really good; very traditional.
    I used to live right next to Mexico City, over on Franklin, I didn't care for it too much. And the best Mole in LA is my Grandma's.

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by spunkymonkey View Post
    Hey Mamacita, my wife has sent me a many of time to King Taco over there when she was pregnant. I used to eat at the one over in Long Beach, or Signal Hill, when I worked over there.
    Cool beans.

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

I've got one. It's called Joselito's and it's a little family place in Montrose/Glendale. It's right near the 2 and 210. My favorite is the cheese enchiladas, but the whole menu is pretty dang yummy.

I also don't remember the exact location, but El Matador in Newport Beach is VERY yummy! I think it's where the 55 ends and turns in Newport Boulevard.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • MC Director of Sales and Marketing

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MissChristine View Post

I also don't remember the exact location, but El Matador in Newport Beach is VERY yummy! I think it's where the 55 ends and turns in Newport Boulevard.
    I've been there. That place is yummy.

My favorite local place in Anita's on Harbor in Fullerton. It's New Mexican style Mexican food. Here's some basic info: http://www.yelp.com/biz/84ZEGA8qzA7nrpIvZY1XpQ
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse princess View Post
    Of course I am worried about your mental health. I want happiness for all. Like we can all be like the Smurfs. But without Gargomel. He was mean.

•   
    • debating what to put here

Quote Originally Posted by Experiment626 View Post
    The other restaurant is called El Tepeyac located on Evergreen Ave. http://www.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=e...l&ct=authority They have burritos there the size of pillows!!! One in particular, I think it's the Manuel special (seriously I had 3 or 4 coworkers at my old job share this thing because it was so huge.) If you're not afraid of going into East L.A. Spunky, I recommend them both.
    I knew someone would mention El Tepeyac before I did. I've been going there for about 35 years. They are incredible.
    "How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?"
    - Satchel Paige

• Gloomy Day, probably rain

My Two Suggestions:
    A very cool and funky Mexican restaurant called "Moreno's Mexican Restaurant" in Orange on Chapman Avenue or the very low priced but generous portion restaurant called "Chili Pepper" also in Orange on Chapman & Main.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast