Ruth's Chris and Morton's

I don't know how long they've been there, but last week I discovered that just down the street from DLR on Harbor are Ruth's Chris and Morton's steakhouses, practically next door to each other! I know they've got them all over nowadays, but I guess Anaheim has really grown up lately. A good friend of mine who's from there always sarcastically called it Anaslyme! And it wasn't that long ago that there were only a couple good restaurants.

While those are high end cookie-cutter steak chains, they do a fine job at it, and having them must be great for the convention crowd. (And personally, of the two, I do love the way Ruth's Chris serves steak with that sizzling melted butter!!)

Okay. That's enough! I'm on a diet and shouldn't even be talking about such things!

• Fighter Pilot

Re: Ruth's Chris and Morton's

yeah its new

•   
    • Main Street VIPs

Quote Originally Posted by MagicKingdomBoy View Post
    Okay. That's enough! I'm on a diet and shouldn't even be talking about such things!
    I can so relate. I am also dieting, and I almost didn't read this thread for fear of starting a steak obsession! Oh well, too late. Nothing like a Ruth's Chris sizzling steak.
    Rick

• Man O Lantern

Mmmmm, or a slice of Morton's cheesecake with a glass of red wine. Mmmm!!!

• Bring Me Two Piña Coladas

Ruth's Chris has been getting more 'commercial' lately...too commercial for my taste

Arnie Mortons...yummy, went to the one on Chi town...ahhhhhhhh, the one in downtown LA is prolly the best in the LA area

(note: JJ Steakhouse in Pasadena is better )
    Three-time MVP Larry Bird, noting that Bryant has been the NBA's premier player for years, told Sports Illustrated's Dan Patrick before this week's announcement, "When someone told me the other day that Kobe hadn't won an MVP trophy, it sort of made me feel like I wanted to throw mine away."

note: JJ Steakhouse in Pasadena is better
    Are you serious? I've been to JJ's several times, and while it's got great ambiance, I've never thought they were all that great. Speaking of Pasadena, the Arroyo Chophouse and Monty's are very good, non chains. Of course, they've got a Ruth's Chris there, too, which is always packed, even on Sundays.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by MagicKingdomBoy View Post
    (And personally, of the two, I do love the way Ruth's Chris serves steak with that sizzling melted butter!!)

Mmmmmmmm. Love Ruth's Chris.

Diet? Never heard of the word.