Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• off in lala land

Falwell Found Unconscious After Missed Appointment

Quote Originally Posted by nbc11.com
    Reverend Found After Missing Appointment

LYNCHBURG, Va. -- A Liberty University executive said the Rev. Jerry Falwell was taken to a hospital Tuesday after he was found unconscious in his office. The executive vice president of the school told The News and Advance of Lynchburg that Falwell was found unconscious after missing an appointment Tuesday morning. The newspaper said Falwell arrived at Lynchburg General Hospital around noon.
    anyone care to share your thoughts?
    ...it's been a long time.

•   
    • debating what to put here

Re: Falwell Found Unconscious After Missed Appointment

AP is now reporting that the Reverend has passed away.
    "How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?"
    - Satchel Paige

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

Yep, so is ABC news.
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• Mexihick, y'all

Really?! I had seen he was in "grave" condition. I guess that's some sick way of saying he passed away.

• Man O Lantern

I was going to say I hope Falwell fell well. But now that seems inappropriate.

Rest in peace, reverend.

• off in lala land

UPDATE:

Rev. Jerry Falwell Dies At 73
    A Liberty University executive says the Rev. Jerry Falwell has died.

• Mexihick, y'all

I didn't know enough about him (even though he was always in the news) to make a comment about him. I did see he was the leader of the "Moral Majority" and apparently the religious compass for the right.

• Banned User

Not meaning to grave dance, but when I first heard about this my initial thought was, "Now there'll be a whole lot less hate in the world." I was somewhat embarrassed with myself to have thought that, but at the same time there was obviously something that caused me to think it.

All the same, I hope his family finds enough support and prayers to help them through this. Losing loved ones is always difficult.

• Original Mice-Chatter

Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I didn't know enough about him (even though he was always in the news) to make a comment about him. I did see he was the leader of the "Moral Majority" and apparently the religious compass for the right.

Maybe for some on the right- not all.

I could agree with some of the things he stood for, and some I found crazy and I could not agree- but it is wrong to find joy or happiness in his death. He had a family, friends and people who cared about him and his death was sudden.

RIP

• off in lala land

I have nothing nice to say about this man at all. That being said, this doesn't mean he didn't have a family. I am sorry for the loss his family is going through.

• Original Mice-Chatter

That's fair.

Maybe people would be so kind as to keep their more nasty comments for him to the litter box or debate forum where people who don't appreciate grave dancing no matter the person won't have to see it.

Just my personal request- of course otherwise I will just stay away from the thread.

•   
    • debating what to put here

Quote Originally Posted by HiddenMickey View Post
    I have nothing nice to say about this man at all. That being said, this doesn't mean he didn't have a family. I am sorry for the loss his family is going through.
    My thoughts, exactly.
    "How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?"
    - Satchel Paige

• That Guy

Quote Originally Posted by HiddenMickey View Post

I don't care either way, but I do find it interesting that when people die, they automatically become sainted, and you cannot speak ill of them. I'm not saying that is the case here, but just because someone stops having birthdays, doesn't mean they lived the life as an angel.

• Original Mice-Chatter

Quote Originally Posted by Max Fischer View Post
    I don't care either way, but I do find it interesting that when people die, they automatically become sainted, and you cannot speak ill of them. I'm not saying that is the case here, but just because someone stops having birthdays, doesn't mean they lived the life as an angel.
    There is a distinct difference-

I have never seen such vile hatred (not here but easy to find out there) for this man- and while I did not like him, nor really pay attention to him one way or the othermost of the time- I can't find it in me to have glee over his death.

Nor would I call him a saint-

Just a personal preference - I protested the nasty comments about Anna Nicole Smith too.

I did not even feel happiness when they hung Saddam- there is just not alot of happiness to be found in death.

I have never seen such vile hatred (not here but easy to find out there) for this man, and while I did not like him, nor really pay attention to him one way or the other most of the time, I can't find it in me to have glee over his death.
    I wonder how many haters took glee when he said this:
    "AIDS is not just God's punishment for homosexuals; it is God's punishment for the society that tolerates homosexuals." Jerry Falwell -1991.
    And what about a few days after Sept. 11, 2001, when he essentially blamed feminists, gays, and liberals for bringing on the terrorist attacks.

I agree with Matt Foreman, executive director of National Gay and Lesbian Task Force, who extended condolences to those close to Falwell, but added:
    "Unfortunately, we will always remember him as a founder and leader of America's anti-gay industry, someone who exacerbated the nation's appalling response to the onslaught of the AIDS epidemic, someone who demonized and vilified us for political gain and someone who used religion to divide rather than unite our nation."

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast