Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 38
  1. #1

    • .
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,067

    Phoenix/San Antonio suspensions!

    Well, it's official.........they're suspended!

    Horry 2 games, Diaw and Stoudemire 1.
    I really wish they would have just left this alone.
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/6814552?MSNHPHMA

  2. #2

    • is FIERCE!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere Major
    Posts
    8,004
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Phoenix/San Antonio suspensions!

    The Stoudemire one is crap.

    I think the Spurs deserve a lot worse- they have played this series like a bad episode of the Sopranos.

    Seriously, they are allowed to continually beat the crap out of the same guy in an attempt to win? Bad sportsmanship, and a reason why I just can't enjoy the NBA like I used to.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!



    Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

    DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.


  3. #3

    • For You!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Idaho Falls
    Posts
    7,704

    Re: Phoenix/San Antonio suspensions!

    Good. That was just a joke last night.

    Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

  4. #4

    • .
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,067

    Re: Phoenix/San Antonio suspensions!

    Come on, it's the playoffs! Yeah it was cheap of Horry to do that but to suspend all 3 of them is dumb to me. Maybe Horry for one game but that's enough.

  5. #5

    • For You!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Idaho Falls
    Posts
    7,704

    Re: Phoenix/San Antonio suspensions!

    A flagrant foul is a flagrant foul. After watching the replay a few times - yeah, he should go. They need to tighten up during playoffs - tensions and tempers run way too hot.

    I'm cheering for the Jazz anyway, so it didn't really affect my team yet.

    Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

  6. #6

    • is FIERCE!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere Major
    Posts
    8,004
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Phoenix/San Antonio suspensions!

    So what, flagrant fouls are ok?

    Sorry, if you think that Nash has not been specifically targeted during this series, you are mistaken. He has taken it like the true pro that he is.

    To not suspend those guys sets a prescedent that I frankly think would hurt the game- what ever happened to sportsmanship?

    Playground rules is one thing, but this kind of crap doesn't belong in the playoffs. If you want to show you are the best team, then play by the rules.

    Sorry, but I thought what happened last night was B.S.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!



    Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

    DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.


  7. #7

    • .
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,067

    Re: Phoenix/San Antonio suspensions!

    I don't think flagrant fouls are ok at all!!
    Don't get me wrong here.
    I think Horry needs to be suspended but not for two games, and I don't think any of the Suns should be suspended at all.
    I don't care about Phoenix or San Antonio much at all anyway.
    Sportsmanship can be looked at a few different ways. The Suns jumping off the bench to help their teammate can be defined as sportsmanship. What Horry did is not.
    But you guys have a good point of tensions and tempers running hot. These are human beings just like us and they're playing a sport they have a passion for. Things will cross a line every once in a while. So Horry got what he deserves, somewhat, Diaw and Stoudemire, not so much...........

  8. #8

    • For You!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Idaho Falls
    Posts
    7,704

    Re: Phoenix/San Antonio suspensions!

    Jumping off the bench isn't acceptable in any sport. The more people on the court of field, the bigger the brawl - give the refs some credit for trying to keep a little peace.

    Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

  9. #9

    • .
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,067

    Re: Phoenix/San Antonio suspensions!

    Quote Originally Posted by BFJen View Post
    Jumping off the bench isn't acceptable in any sport. The more people on the court of field, the bigger the brawl - give the refs some credit for trying to keep a little peace.

    You're right, I agree with you completely.
    But didn't the WHOLE team jump up off the bench?
    I'm sure San Antonio did too. It's just natural.

  10. #10

    • For You!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Idaho Falls
    Posts
    7,704

    Re: Phoenix/San Antonio suspensions!

    I think it was just the players that were on the floor. I only heard two guys who jumped off the bench.

    Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

  11. #11

    • .
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,067

    Re: Phoenix/San Antonio suspensions!

    Quote Originally Posted by BFJen View Post
    I think it was just the players that were on the floor. I only heard two guys who jumped off the bench.
    The two from Phoenix that got suspended were on the bench though.

  12. #12

    • Hooterville, USA
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The Haney House
    Posts
    10,155

    Re: Phoenix/San Antonio suspensions!

    Did you notice the camera never did capture the Spur's bench?

    What's up with that?


    This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

  13. #13

    • Bring Me Two Piña Coladas
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    St. Aples Center
    Posts
    3,022

    Re: Phoenix/San Antonio suspensions!

    Quote Originally Posted by Druggas View Post
    Did you notice the camera never did capture the Spur's bench?

    What's up with that?

    conspiracy? not.

    I think 2 games is overboard for Horry, here is why: Jaja Bell only got 1 game for a delibirate malicious clothesline on Kobe last year. If you're going to be consistant and go on the same scale, then Jaja's should have been 2 games as well.

    They know the rules...what did Amare in was him lieing with a srtight face saying "he was going to check into the game", yeah right, like the coach D'antoni was busy trying to get him tino the game while he was running towards Nash and the other people...

    A rule is a rule until it is changed. The assistant coaches should have done their job and created a barracade, like the other 29 teams in the NBA do, to avoid this.

    We also know about the Suns being too soft, yet whining and talking big.

    And the Spurs for being a team notorious for complaining and whining.

    You have the top 2 teams in complaining, whining and double standards (niether think the rules apply to them). And both team are tops in getting away with traveling, moving screens, carrying the ball and looking just as ugly as Sam Cassell.

    I think the suspensions were in line, to the book. Especially when during the regular season the precendant was set suspending Carmelo 15 games and Kobe twice for breathing. It's consistant with this seasons discipline.

    You can't manipulate the rules just because you want to make it a series. It's like telling the cop 'can u change the speed limit to 80 until i get to work, then change it back'. The rules are such, deal with it until the rules state otherwise.

    We can sit here and complain about the rules, and how they shouldn't have been suspended cause that will ruin the competition. Well, tough. These players KNOW the rules better than we do!!!

    Again, you can't manipulate the rules just to keep the "series" competetive. It is, what it is.
    Three-time MVP Larry Bird, noting that Bryant has been the NBA's premier player for years, told Sports Illustrated's Dan Patrick before this week's announcement, "When someone told me the other day that Kobe hadn't won an MVP trophy, it sort of made me feel like I wanted to throw mine away."


  14. #14

    • That Guy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Wizard Sleeve
    Posts
    4,580

    Re: Phoenix/San Antonio suspensions!

    Quote Originally Posted by goofygoof View Post
    conspiracy? not.

    I think 2 games is overboard for Horry, here is why: Jaja Bell only got 1 game for a delibirate malicious clothesline on Kobe last year. If you're going to be consistant and go on the same scale, then Jaja's should have been 2 games as well.

    They know the rules...what did Amare in was him lieing with a srtight face saying "he was going to check into the game", yeah right, like the coach D'antoni was busy trying to get him tino the game while he was running towards Nash and the other people...

    A rule is a rule until it is changed. The assistant coaches should have done their job and created a barracade, like the other 29 teams in the NBA do, to avoid this.

    We also know about the Suns being too soft, yet whining and talking big.

    And the Spurs for being a team notorious for complaining and whining.

    You have the top 2 teams in complaining, whining and double standards (niether think the rules apply to them). And both team are tops in getting away with traveling, moving screens, carrying the ball and looking just as ugly as Sam Cassell.

    I think the suspensions were in line, to the book. Especially when during the regular season the precendant was set suspending Carmelo 15 games and Kobe twice for breathing. It's consistant with this seasons discipline.

    You can't manipulate the rules just because you want to make it a series. It's like telling the cop 'can u change the speed limit to 80 until i get to work, then change it back'. The rules are such, deal with it until the rules state otherwise.

    We can sit here and complain about the rules, and how they shouldn't have been suspended cause that will ruin the competition. Well, tough. These players KNOW the rules better than we do!!!

    Again, you can't manipulate the rules just to keep the "series" competetive. It is, what it is.

    I think it's a little much to call the Suns 'Soft' They aren't thuggish, and don't play dirty, which some call soft, but I don't consider them soft.

    The suspensions were silly, the Suns didn't deserve it, and most sports personalities are agreeing (not that that means anything).

    Oh well, this will just serve to piss the Suns off, so Suns in 7.

    If anyone, the NBA wins, since they want every series to go seven games, so they get more $$




  15. #15

    • Wonderful World
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Chandler, Arizona
    Posts
    1,489

    Re: Phoenix/San Antonio suspensions!

    The league screwed this one up badly. Its Horse **** Heres 10 reasons why they shouldn't of have been suspended/
    1.You don't just throw the MVP into the announcers table and get away with it
    2. They did not throw punches
    3.Your not gonna stand on the bench and just watch ur teamates get pushed around
    4.Your suppose to be a team and teammates are suppose to stand up for other teammates
    5. The spurs have been playing dirty all series
    6.Bowen did not get suspended for kicking amare
    7.Bowen did not get suspended for kneeing nash in the crotch
    8.Horry started the whole ordeal because hes a ***** *** bitch
    9. Two players will get suspended for the actions of one spurs player
    10. There was no intent of them going to fight in the first place
    I'm so angry that this has happened. If the suns loose the series we all know who blew it for them.
    But I still have faith, I think they can beat them without STAT an 3D. Its gonna be an uphill battle though.
    Im goin to game 5 so ill be screaming my heart out
    I'm back MiceChat

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [News] Waterworld Safari in Phoenix, AZ is becoming Wet N Wild Phoenix for 2009
    By tamasurvivor in forum Other Destinations
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 07-31-2009, 11:06 PM
  2. San Antonio Here I come
    By BDBopper in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 06-18-2007, 09:47 AM
  3. Sea World San Antonio To Get Atlantis??
    By figment1986 in forum Other Destinations
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-30-2006, 06:04 PM
  4. Antonio Sabato jr pix......................
    By dsnylndmom in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-20-2005, 10:45 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •