Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Move Over Lucky. Impressive Puppets Take to the Stage in "Walking with Dinosaurs".

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtfMIiinJso[/youtube]
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_9GnP-lhaY[/youtube]

Re: Move Over Lucky. Impressive Puppets Take to the Stage in "Walking with Dinosaurs

Wow! Just like I know the dinosaurs in AK's "Dinosaur" attraction are fake, yet I still yell like a baby, I would be incredibly freaked out (in a good way) to see this live. I would wait for the moment one of those suckers jumped into the audience!

Very cool!
    "When entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic." -Sam Eagle

"I may have invented these bifocals I'm wearing, but I can assure you they're not rose-colored" -Ben Franklin, The American Adventure

• Still lost in Neverland

Re: Move Over Lucky. Impressive Puppets Take to the Stage in "Walking with Dinosaurs

My God, that is amazing. Do you have any more information about this? Like who is doing it and where? These new animatronic "Puppets" are getting more and more lifelike all the time. This looks like it's going to be a very interesting show. I hope we get it here at some point.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

The B.B.C. is responsible for the show. And, the first U.S. performances will begin in Tacoma and Spokanne this July.

http://www.dinosaurlive.com/

• Disgruntled Former CM

Cool Re: Move Over Lucky. Impressive Puppets Take to the Stage in "Walking with Dinosaurs

Thank You so much for posting!! AMAZING; the technology to bring these creatures to "life" is as impressive as the creatures themselves...

(Future Attraction at DAK? oh please, oh pretty please!!)

Does anyone have any information about this "Show"? I am assuming that it is Australian, but I have never heard of it...

Any info - or a website link - would be appreciated!

This is all that I have found (so far...)

http://www.showbiz.com.au/wwd.aspx

Coming to the U.S.

http://www.acerarena.com.au/default....ash=1&p=5&n=20

• Miss Marvel

Dude. Hubby has an audition for them. We had no idea what the show was. Thanks for the info.
    "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see? " - Alice

"If his brain's ran down, how can he talk?" - Jack Pumpkinhead
    "It happens to people all the time, Jack." - Dorothy

"It seems the words on my mug are right: 'It is hard to soar with Eagles when you work with Turkeys.'" - Sam the Eagle

• The one, the only...

I think that show would fit great at Disney's Animal Kingdom. I ALSO think it would work at Disney's California Adventure. Remember the La Brea tar pits? Dinosaurs have a place in the history of California too.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

Shhhh...don't tell my daughter, but this would be part of her birthday present -- tickets to see it during its run in Tacoma!! The tickets for the "good" seats are around $75 each, so the biggest challenge here was that we only got 2 tickets and both hubby and I want to go!! So, depending on which one of us ends up going, you might be getting a great report on how it was!
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how youd meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later youd be playing like you were best friends?"

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

That is freakin awesome. I would love to be able to see that!

• Merry 2014!

Wow, wow, wow, wow, wow, etc. . .

I have got to see this incredible piece of theater. please, please, please come to a theater near me. . .

THANK YOU for sharing such an amazing construction process and end result of this technology. Facinating!
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• Former Starspeeder Pilot

That was amazing. But now I have to go wipe the drool off of my keyboard....

Walking in Walt's footsteps

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

It also gives evidence to the little known fact that dinosaurs dragged a T-shaped bar underneath them at all times.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• Still lost in Neverland

I really hope they find a way to bring this show to Southern California. To Heck with Animal Kingdom. I can't do that, but here yes. It doesn't need to be in a Disney Park either. I was made for arena shows, and if it's one thing we have in Southern California in abundance, is arenas. This is just so amazing. Be sure to go to the home site posted above in post #4 they have even more videos and you can sign up for news about the shows as they progress from city to city. Only two up North so far.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Feeling LOVED

That was amazing!!! So lifelike. Thanks for sharing that.
    HEARTS CLUB !!

• the rum is always gone

the movement on those dinosaurs is amazing. I don't really like the "rocks" moving below them. But I guess to support a huge creation like those, they had little options.
    Maybe Disney could do a stage show with those at DAK. If it were a night show and the lighting was right, you'd barely be able to see the pole supporting the dinosaur and the people inside the smaller ones.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast