Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

NW Micechatters Meet – So cool that even PEZZ showed up!

If you haven’t already seen Melonballer’s great report on this event, then be sure to check it out here, or InspiredbyWalt's, look here – after you’ve read mine! I mean really – there were 8 (9) people at an event, how different can they really be? Oh, but wait! Mine has the elusive and perhaps exclusive proof of PEZZ showing up! (I haven’t see InspiredByWalt's…from here on referred to as IBW…actual thread yet, so that whole exclusivity thing is not a guarantee, nor will any refunds be given if said exclusivity turns out to be false.)

Not unlike Melonballer (MB?), I started my day out by taking a ferry from the lovely Naval city of Bremerton. Please note that my picture of the submarine water thingy has the fountain spraying up. See, there were differences!!

Oooh…scenery.

(there is a mountain in there somewhere)

And a seagull. I kept asking it if it knew where to find Nemo. I couldn’t figure out it’s answer until I realized it was saying “Chevron stations”.

I’m not used to taking the ferry from Bremerton and its longer route. It was going to be a long trip – so I came prepared!! But wow that is a big drink!

(pssst, Dusty - see the proof that I really did order those pins last fall!!)

Seattle! (obligatory shot...that somehow missed the Space Needle AND both sports stadiums!!)

When I arrived in Seattle (oh, there are 3 Space Needle pictures on my camera – I know the rules – just they are all fuzzy shots from the ferry) I waited for my BFF SimplyMad (SM) and hubby ykiki to come and get me. And waited. Nope, no pictures of that. Wasn’t really up on asking someone on the corner near me to hold my camera and take a photo for me…Then she said she was late and so I walked north to the Pike Place Market. Nope – no pictures here either. I was going to (ask SM – I got in the car with my phone in one hand and camera in the other, fully prepared to play tourist) but my ride showed up! Priorities!

Then it was off to the Seattle Center for the meet, via a short dinner stop at the WORLD FAMOUS Dick’s. (Hey, SM – why no pics here? What were we thinking? We had time while they made me that fresh deluxe!) Tummies mostly filled (there were cookies promised if you didn’t know) we were off to find parking and get to the meet. We managed to miss the stairway that the rest of the group was at the top of and walked all the way around the EMP, all the while commenting at what an odd building it is and how it only looks cool from the top – and that is if you know it is supposed to be a guitar.) Along the way, I spotted this

and wondered if that might be incentive for some to come for a summer NW meet. Then I realized it wasn’t from WICKED – heck, they are still doing that show and they more than likely need their clothes. But it proves that I’m always thinking of Micechat somehow! (Still could be cool!)

Yippee! We “meet” and make friends. And eat delicious cookies. Wow can MB make a cookie! It is worth another meet if he promises to bring those!

Oooh – a picture that is different from MB’s – why? Because this time he is in it and I’m not!

Pictured (l-r) micksgal, jurgenb52, Llebreknit, InspiredbyWalt, SimplyMad; kneeling (so professional photo looking, right?) Melonballer & ykiki

Then it was off to listen to Marty Sklar. We sat down and MB mentioned something about this being the biggest Micechat meet outside of California or Florida and I said “ooh if I call PEZZ he can be an extra one just to pad the numbers” (ok, that isn’t what I said. It was more like “I have PEZZ Lightyear’s number – let’s call him and bug him!”) So, here it is. Your wait is over. The elusive “PEZZ Lightyear photo”… after the break. (sorry – a little too much American Idol over here…)

B
    R
    E
    A
    K

Not much to see was there?

Ok, is this better?

Was that so totally worth the wait or what? (wow, for the first time, the answer really is "or what?")

Then Marty came out and while I didn’t know much about him (until PEZZ googled him and read it to me – he comes in very handy!) I left there feeling like I had been one of the lucky ones to have listened to him and then to actually meet him.

MB covers a lot of the information in his report and I hate reading the same thing twice, so I will spare you most of that. It was great to hear the stories of working with Walt, and learning to work WITHOUT Walt as they moved forward on EPCOT (which he said really doesn’t stand for “Every Person Comes Out Tired”), along with the neat behind the scenes stuff about the World’s Fair and Space Mountain. I was sitting next to MB and we both got quite the giggle out the use of Innoventions as a Weenie. I wish I had a copy of the picture and maybe there was something we missed!! At least that part ended with the biggest and best Weenie of them all – Sleeping Beauty Castle!

Group Shot…photo courtesy of …another message board! (We could so take them, but we decided to be nice and let them realize how we were so much better and all!)

(see previous photo for who's who and fill in the obvious that it is me and Marty Sklar as the add ins)

We couldn’t tear ourselves away from chatting (but a security guard loudly saying into his walkie talkie “I’ll do a final sweep for stragglers” did the trick, at least for the inside part!) After we left, we really did stand outside and chat for quite a while. Poor micksgal is a recent transplant here and I’m certain was frozen! Crazy ykiki suggested going for ice cream and that was that.

I’m so glad that Melonballer put this together and that people were able to make it on a Wednesday night. I only wish we’d found out about these Pop Culture talks sooner so we could have done this earlier (and listened to the stories of Bruce Botnick and oh my! Richard Sherman!!) I hope we can find some other great reasons to get together and for even more NW MC’ers to show up!

On a random side note, on my trip home I stopped in the ferry terminal building as I knew my daughter's school was in charge of providing artwork. Not at all aware of any sort of schedule and just wanting to see what was up there, I found this -- my daughter's pointilism artwork! (it's a sunset)

My day was done.
    Now my report is too!
    (and finally, so is the coke!)

THE END!
    Last edited by tinkermonkey; 05-17-2007 at 07:45 PM. Reason: silly me I forgot to add WHAT was the exclusive part!

• Pathetically Obsessed

Re: NW Micechatters Meet – So cool that even PEZZ showed up!

Wonderful TR TM! Love that water front park over in B-ton, and oh yes, cool shots of us, too.
    "Fire at will, boys!"

"Which one's Will?

• GO DBACKS!!

Heh, heh, cute report! Love the final pic!

It wasn't me, it was Lisa!

Great report, especially the disembodied Pezz! When did he become one of the 999 ghosts?

I soooo love doing Disney things with you and can't wait for the next. Are you free next December?

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Next December...sure! What about this September?
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • PEZZ in the Fez

As a good friend would say: Yahoobies!

I really knock 'em dead in the W-A. Thanks for the surprise call and I'm glad I could Google Marty for ya when you did.

That kid of yours is a budding Seurat!

And I think your thread would have gotten way more hits if you had some pictures of WORLD FAMOUS Dick's.

Just a suggestion...
    How much do we have to pay to get MiceChat Old?

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Quote Originally Posted by PEZZ Lightyear View Post
    And I think your thread would have gotten way more hits if you had some pictures of WORLD FAMOUS Dick's.

Just a suggestion...
    Hey - quit trying to get my thread dumped into the litter box!!

• Shablagoo!

Just a suggestion...
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkermonkey View Post
    Hey - quit trying to get my thread dumped into the litter box!!
    If mine didn't get dumped for the comment about "wienies from around the world" I think this one is safe too. Great report by the way.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Beautful pictures!! I esp. love the ones of the cabins by the shoreline!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• ...the legend

Blog Entries

Aw, what a great report! Love the ending
    I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it.
    That explains the trouble that I'm always in...

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Fun report!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Banned User

I am so jealous!!!!!!!!!!! I've had the week from hell with my dog dying, but, I am so happy you all got together and I will absolutely be at the next one! Man, I wish I could have been there!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Banned User

Just a suggestion...
    For sure, Pezz, for sure!!!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Just a suggestion...
    A good padwan always listens...and sometimes acts. Is this what you meant by pictures?

Probably not. Ok, SM & ykiki - we need to go back and take pictures!

I'm always in the mood for a Special Dick! I ment to say Dick's Special.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast