Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

•   

Anyone tried Invisalign's for their teeth?

About 6 years ago I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed and ever since then my teeth are slowly starting to get a little crooked. Nothing bad but it's bothering me. They should space out you would think right? Nope, they're getting more compacted.
    I'm 28 and don't want the normal braces so I'm thinking about getting the Invisaligns but I'm wondering if any of you have tried them yet.

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Anyone tried Invisalign's for their teeth?

I think that you should consult a orthodontist first before trying invisaligns. And it's only because you need to be properly fitted for them.

•   

Quote Originally Posted by Ginarella View Post
    I think that you should consult a orthodontist first before trying invisaligns. And it's only because you need to be properly fitted for them.
    Oh for sure! There's no other way to go actually.
    It's amazing what they can do with plastic huh?

•   
    • Damn Good Burger!

Quote Originally Posted by cal4iri View Post
    Oh for sure! There's no other way to go actually.
    There's an orthodontist across the hall from me. His assistants rave about invisaligns - and they aren't trying to sell them to me.

• That Guy

I remember they were very, very expensive.

•   

Quote Originally Posted by Max Fischer View Post
    I remember they were very, very expensive.
    That's what I thought too but from the research I've done, it says they compare to the cost of normal braces. I still don't believe it though.

• I love loop jokes.

...my teeth are slowly starting to get a little crooked. Nothing bad but it's bothering me.
    Same thing happened to me. After braces my teeth were nice and straight. But slowly my bottom teeth started overlapping. I hate it! But I'm not too crazy going through the process of fixing my teeth all over again. Two years of developers (nasty little things), two years of braces and I don't know how long of retainers... I'M DONE! No more.

• That Guy

That's what I thought too but from the research I've done, it says they compare to the cost of normal braces. I still don't believe it though.

Really? That is interesting. Perhaps they came down in price? When I first saw them they were like $8,000, or three times as much as regular braces

On a side note, braces are cute on women, I think it's not a bad thing, it's character.

• Circle of Ancients

My youngest daughter wanted invisaligns but our orthodontist did not recommend them because her teeth are very crooked. She has braces instead.

I think they work for slightly crooked teeth. I personally haven't tried them but I wonder if it's hard to talk with them on?

•   

As far as price I saw they start around $3500 and can go up to $5000.
    My teeth aren't too crooked so I wouldn't need anything major so I'm hoping they wouldn't be $5000.

I don't blame your French, that's waaaaaay too long.

I agree with Max about it being cute but I like more of the retainer type look.

My hubby had these. Took two years, same as regular braces, and cost about the same. You change the pieces every two weeks, which is more frequently than regular braces get adjusted (every 6). No issues with chewing up the inside of your mouth, no wax, no rubber bands.

It's not so much that you get "fitted" for them, as they take a mold of your teeth and custom build the set of mouthpieces. You do have to wear a night-time retainer forever, but I think that would go with regular braces, too, right?
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

•   

Quote Originally Posted by alphabassetgrrl View Post
    My hubby had these. Took two years, same as regular braces, and cost about the same. You change the pieces every two weeks, which is more frequently than regular braces get adjusted (every 6). No issues with chewing up the inside of your mouth, no wax, no rubber bands.

It's not so much that you get "fitted" for them, as they take a mold of your teeth and custom build the set of mouthpieces. You do have to wear a night-time retainer forever, but I think that would go with regular braces, too, right?
    Cool, someone that's actually tried them!
    Did he love them, did he hate them?

• Main Street with a friend

Quote Originally Posted by Ginarella View Post
    I think they work for slightly crooked teeth. I personally haven't tried them but I wonder if it's hard to talk with them on?
    That's right - invisalign is only recommended for people who have minor crowding. Traditional brackets can do a lot more heavy moving. I know some orthodontists who put invisalign patients in traditional braces for the last few weeks to do some "fine tuning", but I'm sure that is decided on a case-by-case basis. You also don't need to go to an orthodontist for invisalign. Some general dentists are invisalign certified and can get you started in their office. I think it's a good idea to see an orthodontist, though. It's nice that you can remove the trays to clean your teeth. I remember getting bread caught in my brackets all the time when I was in braces. Yuck-o!
    "All our dreams can come true.....if we have the courage to pursue them."
    - Walt Disney

Cool, someone that's actually tried them!
    Did he love them, did he hate them?
    It was a means to an end. He wanted straight teeth, and didn't want to hear "Oh, you got braces!!" for two years. The invisaligns kind of fly under the radar; only someone who knows about them knows you're wearing them. Generally.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

•   

Quote Originally Posted by alphabassetgrrl View Post
    It was a means to an end. He wanted straight teeth, and didn't want to hear "Oh, you got braces!!" for two years. The invisaligns kind of fly under the radar; only someone who knows about them knows you're wearing them. Generally.
    And he's happy with the result I take it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast