Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 70
  1. #1

    • off in lala land
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    3,215

    Alli is coming and she is taking your FAT

    Quote Originally Posted by BusinessPortal24.com
    Alli: Eagerly awaiting diet pills


    GlaxoSmithKline a famous healthcare industry opened an enlightening reveal in New York City to prepare the country for Alli, the first over-the-counter diet pill approved by the Food and Drug Administration. Obesity is Global mess and its reach is prevalent in the world. Whether it is aged, adults, teens and children, Obesity and weight gain problem is seen among all of them. It becomes an epidemic for the whole world. People's hopes are ridiculously high when it comes to diet pills. That leads to disappointment and bad word of mouth. But GlaxoSmithKline has apparently erudite the lesson and is counting on alli to become a star money maker. The company is spending $150 million on marketing of Alli this year, making it one of the drug maker's biggest campaigns to date.

    Alli diet pill is presently under its pre-launch test. This weight loss medication works by obstructing the fat absorption into the body. Consumption of this diet drug thereby is effective in giving liberal opportunity to the already stored in fat to generate the required energy, assisting in trimming down of excessive fat. This is in turn consequential in effective weight loss. Health experts are concerned about the potential abuse of the Alli drug once the diet pill becomes more readily available. There is particular concern over its use in children as well as adults who do not need to lose weight in order to maintain a healthy body. We call Alli is the form of “Lifestyle Diet Products" because Alli is designed to work easily with your busy lifestyle to give you maximum benefit and weight loss. Alli diet pills are regulated by the Food and Drug Administration agency (FDA), their side effects are monitored and they may be advertised and prescribed for weight loss under certain condition and in certain pill-dosages.
    Estimated to hit store shelves in Mid-June.

    Reports say it will be available in 60-capsule kit roughly $50 and a 90-capsule kit for $60.00

    The kits will have a food journal, a healthy eating guide and a fat and calorie reference guide.
    ...it's been a long time.

  2. #2

    • .
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Left the church, but not the parishioners.
    Posts
    6,270

    Re: Alli is coming and she is taking your FAT

    Blocks fat absorption? My pharmacy tech hubby just said that the article failed to mention the glamourous "spastic diarrhea" side effect.

    Joy. More crap for people to waste their money upon, instead of just eating healthy and increasing activity.

    And once they stop taking it... they'll find the weight they've lost, and then start the process all over again.

    (And this comes from someone who "dieted" over and over again until she figured out that portion control has a LOT to do with obesity. Seriously folks, take a look at portion sizes today versus 30 years ago, and the obesity rates of both eras. Coincidence? People today eat way more than what the body needs.)

    Geesh, I hate the diet industry.

  3. #3

    • Angel Fan MC Man
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Beautiful Oxnard, CA
    Posts
    24,291
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Alli is coming and she is taking your FAT

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneyphile View Post
    (And this comes from someone who "dieted" over and over again until she figured out that portion control has a LOT to do with obesity. Seriously folks, take a look at portion sizes today versus 30 years ago, and the obesity rates of both eras. Coincidence? People today eat way more than what the body needs.)

    Geesh, I hate the diet industry.
    There is no "magic bullet". Sorry folks. I've spent a lifetime looking for one...and my bank account is a lot leaner than my body is, partially as a result of that.

    --Barry

  4. #4

    • Sunshine is the best!!!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Wishing I was back in paradise...
    Posts
    1,127
    Blog Entries
    14

    Re: Alli is coming and she is taking your FAT

    I too have tried many a diet fads. The best thing to do is limit your portions and watch the fat and calories. Be happy and enjoy food.
    *When a friend is in trouble, don't annoy him by asking if there is anything you can do. Think up something appropriate and do it.

  5. #5

    • Waiting for my E-Ticket
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota
    Posts
    19,777

    Re: Alli is coming and she is taking your FAT

    Unless you can fork over the cashola for lipo, you're out of luck for instant weight loss. Is it really that hard for people to eat better and get out and actually walk? Oh no! If I walk my feet will fall off. Sheesh. I really hate how lazy America has become.

  6. #6

    • Hooterville, USA
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The Haney House
    Posts
    10,162

    Re: Alli is coming and she is taking your FAT

    "Spastic diarrhea" side effect could be cool under certain circumstances.


    This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

  7. #7

    • no flash photography...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In my own little world..
    Posts
    13,287

    Re: Alli is coming and she is taking your FAT

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneyphile View Post
    Blocks fat absorption? My pharmacy tech hubby just said that the article failed to mention the glamourous "spastic diarrhea" side effect.

    Joy. More crap for people to waste their money upon, instead of just eating healthy and increasing activity.

    And once they stop taking it... they'll find the weight they've lost, and then start the process all over again.

    (And this comes from someone who "dieted" over and over again until she figured out that portion control has a LOT to do with obesity. Seriously folks, take a look at portion sizes today versus 30 years ago, and the obesity rates of both eras. Coincidence? People today eat way more than what the body needs.)

    Geesh, I hate the diet industry.
    this is so true. I have taken diet pills and even phin phen (which did work), but unless a person is willing to stick with healthy eating habits and exercise (I have issues with this) the weight will come back. My co-worker is desperate to loose weight. She said she was going to got to a diet doctor and get pills and shots. I advised thats' just short term and you can't really be on them forever, but she went and did it anyway. She is having diarrhea several times a day. I don't know how to get people to listen. I suppose they have to learn for themselves.

  8. #8

    • no flash photography...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In my own little world..
    Posts
    13,287

    Re: Alli is coming and she is taking your FAT

    Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Is it really that hard for people to eat better and get out and actually walk? Oh no! I
    actually it is. When i work 10 hours a day, come home and take care of a house, family, and cook dinner/clean sometimes shop after work for household stuff...I'm often to exhausted to do much. I could eat better, that's for sure, but the walking/exercise is very difficult at times. I have been trying something new. I walk on all my breaks at work. It's really the only time I'm not exhausted yet and when I have time. I really don't mind walking at all.

  9. #9

    • Just Me
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Trying to be the better person.
    Posts
    1,303

    Re: Alli is coming and she is taking your FAT

    I joined Curves. 3 times a week for 30 minutes each time. I love it. It gets me off my tush and doing something. Finding the time to go has been problematic, but I think I have come up with a good solution. They open at 5:30 during the week. I can go first thing in the morning and still be home before Boy gets up. It will also be a heck of a lot cooler than going in the late afternoon.

  10. #10

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Toowoomba Queensland Australia
    Posts
    3,411

    Re: Alli is coming and she is taking your FAT

    we are fatter than 100 years ago because we don't DO anything!!! We need physical WORK LOL LOL LOL


    Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Tassie, I found a quote for ya !

    "Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

    Charles M. Schulz
    Originally Posted by MWalton
    Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!?

  11. #11

    • rockin butter sponge!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    25 minutes from Disneyland!
    Posts
    590

    Re: Alli is coming and she is taking your FAT

    Exercise and eat cheerios and oatmeal and cut out the cola!!!! Good for the heart and arteries too!









  12. #12

    • Waiting for my E-Ticket
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota
    Posts
    19,777

    Re: Alli is coming and she is taking your FAT

    Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    actually it is. When i work 10 hours a day, come home and take care of a house, family, and cook dinner/clean sometimes shop after work for household stuff...I'm often to exhausted to do much. I could eat better, that's for sure, but the walking/exercise is very difficult at times. I have been trying something new. I walk on all my breaks at work. It's really the only time I'm not exhausted yet and when I have time. I really don't mind walking at all.
    Well I don't have a family to take care of other than my cat, but when I come home from working 9 hours (without any breaks most days), I make room 3 times a week for at least 30 minutes of exercise. It actually gives me more energy, which is a good thing.

  13. #13

    • Angel Fan MC Man
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Beautiful Oxnard, CA
    Posts
    24,291
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Alli is coming and she is taking your FAT

    Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Unless you can fork over the cashola for lipo, you're out of luck for instant weight loss. Is it really that hard for people to eat better and get out and actually walk? Oh no! If I walk my feet will fall off. Sheesh. I really hate how lazy America has become.
    In many cases it is easier said than done, my friend. There are more than just a couple of factors at work here.
    If it were that easy for most of us that have weight problems to overcome them, don't you think we'd have done it by now?

    --Barry

    PS..."forking over the cashola for lipo" or lap band doesn't take care of the problem long term unless you change your lifestyle as you suggest anyway.

  14. #14

    • no flash photography...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In my own little world..
    Posts
    13,287

    Re: Alli is coming and she is taking your FAT

    Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Well I don't have a family to take care of other than my cat, but when I come home from working 9 hours (without any breaks most days), I make room 3 times a week for at least 30 minutes of exercise. It actually gives me more energy, which is a good thing.
    it wouldn't be so bad if my overtime shifts did not start at 6:30am. I'm not a morning person at all, but that is why I make time now on my 10 minute breaks (2) and my 30 minute lunch... I'm still waiting for the more energy thing to happen. Everyone keeps assuring me it will, but I just feel really tired after, but I continue on...

  15. #15

    • Merry 2014!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Under the stairs drinking hot grog
    Posts
    9,486

    Re: Alli is coming and she is taking your FAT

    Quote Originally Posted by HiddenMickey View Post
    The kits will have a food journal, a healthy eating guide and a fat and calorie reference guide.
    Gee, thankz MR. Scientist Man for coming up with such a "magic" pill.

    Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Unless you can fork over the cashola for lipo, you're out of luck for instant weight loss. Is it really that hard for people to eat better and get out and actually walk? Oh no! If I walk my feet will fall off. Sheesh. I really hate how lazy America has become.
    Spoken like someone who has never had a serious (50lb. or more) weight struggle.

    I am not bitter in the least.
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. it's coming...oh dear lord...it's coming
    By Browncoat in forum Disney Interactive and Game Industry Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-16-2008, 04:24 PM
  2. Taking something from the parks.
    By Walt Jr. in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 10-09-2006, 03:27 PM
  3. 11/1: Taking the Fifth?
    By Al Lutz in forum MiceAge Discussions
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 11-05-2005, 11:09 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •