At a table in front of the French Quarter Market

Thumbs down My advice: Stay away from Fedex!

I just wasted my whole day waiting for Fedex to deliver a package which the tracking system and the call center said was on the truck to be delivered, but which, I am now told, was actually held for pickup. Yesterday (Friday), I got home to find Fedex had tried to deliver a package but it required someone be here to sign for it, so the driver did not leave it. I called Fedex and asked if they could hold it for pickup the next day (Saturday). I was told that I could not request it be held now; I would have to call the next day by 8am so that someone could pull the package to keep it from being delivered. They said if I didn't call and I wasn't there for delivery, the final delivery attempt would not be until Wednesday. ALso, I couldn't pick it up at the Sun Valley station anyway. It would have to be transferred to a pickup location before I could pick it up.

Well, I slept til 10am, which of course was my fault. The Fedex site said the package was put on the truck for delivery at 7:41 am. SInce my 10 year old daughter is having an anxiety attack waiting for this package (it's her first computer), I decided to give up all our plans for today so we could stay and wait for the package. Since the delivery yesterday was around noon, I thought maybe the package would come and then we could still go out.

Instead, we waited all day while the tracking info said the package was on the truck. I also called several times and was told the package was on the truck and delivery could be as late as 8pm. None of the call center people seemed to have any ability to contact the station or find out anything more than what was on their screen. At 8pm, I called and was told that delivery could be as late as 9pm. This guy also said he tried to contact a dispatcher but they would not answer. WHen I asked for a supervisor, he claimed there was none there. When I said, "So you're not going to let me talk to a supervisor", he put me on hold and then came back and said there was none available and I should call customer service on Tuesday.

At 9pm, I spoke to another person who said that the station had notified them at 5:40 that the package was being held for pickup. I asked why the previous representatives had not known this, and why the tracking site hadn't been updated either. Of course she didn't know. It doesn't make any sense. I also don't believe her, because 5:40 pm was the time I called yesterday about having the package held. Anyway, now I'm not sure where the package really is or where or when I can get it. I've lost a whole day due to their lack of communication.

I thought the whole idea behind a place like Fedex was that packages could be tracked and accounted for reliably on a real time basis. However, it seems that not only is their tracking service unreliable, but their own customer service people have no idea what's going on with a package. There's no communication within the company. The customer service reps really didn't care what was going on either: "I'm just at a call center" so they don't have any more info than I did. I've dealt with UPS before and never had this kind of problem. Even the post office is better than this at internal communication and helpfulness. I just read that even Fedex's delivery drivers are contracted out.

In the future, I will avoid Fedex like the plague, and I would advise anyone else to.

• Mexihick, y'all

Re: My advice: Stay away from Fedex!

FedEx is fine. You get your bad hand at any of these companies. Don't condemn one and move to another, it will happen again.

• And, THEN she said...

I am so sorry that happened..hope you get it soon!

I work at a call center doing something else, but a call center none the less and it is true the people only have access to what is on their screen..sad, but true much information is on other systems they can not get into I peddle cell phones for a major company in a chat room format, and our supervisors do not have the capability to pull up a chat window nor do we have the means to transfer a chat.. so when I get screamed at for a supervisor my hands are tied..

I use FedEx all the time for my dog's medicine she needs and I have never had a problem with me not getting it on the promised delivery date

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

So sorry that you had this bad experience, Marcy. Hopefully your daughter will get her computer very soon.

--Barry

• Merry 2014!

I can empathize. Had something similar happen with UPS. Hope it resolves itself soon.
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• New Old Member

Unfortunately like everyone else here said, these kind of things happen with any delivery service and you just got hold of a bad bunch. One thing I would like to ask, did they leave a note on your door? If they did the notes usually have a spot you can fill in and have it delivered to another address like your work or family member. It will add yet another day to your delivery but you would get it, maybe.

• Banned User

yep, had it happen to me, and from UPS. it happens and it sucks! But I always tell them when sending these items to leave package on my back porch. but of course this is small town america so its pretty safe. I am sorry this happend

At a table in front of the French Quarter Market

Thank you guys for your understanding. Today the tracking system shows that as of 10:44 am yesterday, the item was held for pickup. Too bad it took them 24 hours to input that info.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

It happens sometimes. I had a package that was being delivered by FedEx just before Christmas last year (present for my guy) and the place I ordered it from, I told them to ship it to me at my work address since I needed to sign for it. I kept checking the tracking number but I had no updates since the departure scan. So I called FedEx and they show it was delivered. I panicked and drove over to my work (I had a key & knew the code for the alarm so I could let myself in)... it wasn't there. So I called FedEx back and they took another look... the dumbells shipped it to my home address instead of my work. Since I wasn't home when they tried to deliver, they took it to the complex office and they signed for it. So the next morning I stopped at the office before I went to work and they dug out my package for me.

• no flash photography...

I'm sorry. I've had great experiences with fed ex. The only bad experience was my fault. I put the wrong zip code on the package and it never got delivered. thankfully the company replaced the merchandise at no cost to me and had it overnighted to me.

I hope everything works out for you

• Banned User

These types of things drive me insane too! I'm sorry it happened to you!