• pronounced, Casey Jr. 1

bryman-everest college, what do u think?

ok bryman is now everest college, but my question is, has anyone attended this school, or know someone who has? what is your opinion of it? do the graduates make good money?

• That Guy

Re: bryman-everest college, what do u think?

It's garbage.

The tuition is crazy high, you learn crap you COULD learn from a community college, and the place is a joke.

I remember when I worked in an ER while I was attending college. Bryman had commercials about a 'Medical Unit Clerk' training program where you spend a year learning how to run a unit at an ER. The sad thing is you can do that job with on the job training exclusively, you don't need a super expensive program to do it. I have known people who have attended, and they didn't care for it either.

I highly recommend a local community college, where you can pay state tuition, save money, and have a better quality of life.

What were you interested in studying?

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Don't know that much about it. But I heard they have a great football team.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Merrily on my way to

My neice went through the Bryman program. She seems to have done okay with it although I suspect a community college would have served her just as well. She really likes the sort of work she does and is certainly never out of work. She's is considering going back to school for her RN.

Quote Originally Posted by Max Fischer View Post
    It's garbage.

The tuition is crazy high, you learn crap you COULD learn from a community college, and the place is a joke.

I remember when I worked in an ER while I was attending college. Bryman had commercials about a 'Medical Unit Clerk' training program where you spend a year learning how to run a unit at an ER. The sad thing is you can do that job with on the job training exclusively, you don't need a super expensive program to do it. I have known people who have attended, and they didn't care for it either.

I highly recommend a local community college, where you can pay state tuition, save money, and have a better quality of life.

What were you interested in studying?
    i was just considering it, cuz things are just not going right for me, and i was thinking of going there, study then work full time with the classes i take there, then finish going to cal state and major in nutrition. cuz it's hard to find a job right now,and that way i can save money for cal state

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

I would go the CC route too... It's pretty cheap, and you can work FT while you're in school PT. then you can get an AA and transfer onto a 4 year.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Circle of Ancients

I've only heard about Bryman through commercials and that's about it. I didn't even know it's Everest College now. Interesting. I wonder why the name change?

Personally, I think you can get a great education at your local community college and then do a transfer to Cal State. You already know what you want to study and just apply yourself to finish in that major.

IMO, I think graduates make good money by experience not by what college they attended.

Good Luck KC

• That Guy

Community College is the way to go. Seriously. It is very affordable, the instructors are outstanding, and it is a great overall experience.

I'm all for saving money, and getting a great education. You can do both by skipping private, expensive colleges like Everest and University of Phoenix.

Best of luck to you!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

I agree with what everyone else has already said. Most of the time those place are only there to suck money out of people. I've only known one person who went to a school like that, a 9 month program for pharmacy tech, and while he was able to get a job quickly the cost of the program was very high and I don't think their "financial ad" is as good as you can get at a CC.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• For old time sake

I went and became a medical Assistant in 9 months. (I took evening classes). It worked well for me because I had to work full time during the day to pay bills. yea, it's expensive, but you have hands on training and you get it all in less than a yr as opposed to the 2 year course in Community college. They also have placement (i.e. they give you the leads, you call for interviews).

I think it boils down to...how fast do you want to finish? I learned quite a bit and graduated top of my class. I know the one in Anaheim is right next to my brothers office...so you can say hi to him for me when you are in classes.....
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

thanks so much guys!!

• Senior Minion

I have to add that you are better off going the community college route, because all the money and time you spend at one of these types of schools might be for nothing. Most CC's and Universities might not accept coursework from an independent school, especially since it seems you are going that route. I'd check out if the coursework is transferable if that is what you are looking for.

Also, these schools (even if they've been around for a while), do have the tendency to close up shop rather fast. I went to Platt College and did well there, but heard horror stories from other students who left schools that closed up shop and left students hanging - so I'd look at the paperwork and what it says about what might happen in that situation.

• That Guy

Quote Originally Posted by TikiRoomLiz View Post
    I have to add that you are better off going the community college route, because all the money and time you spend at one of these types of schools might be for nothing. Most CC's and Universities might not accept coursework from an independent school, especially since it seems you are going that route. I'd check out if the coursework is transferable if that is what you are looking for.

Also, these schools (even if they've been around for a while), do have the tendency to close up shop rather fast. I went to Platt College and did well there, but heard horror stories from other students who left schools that closed up shop and left students hanging - so I'd look at the paperwork and what it says about what might happen in that situation.

Great, great point.

Often times people are utterly devastated when they try and transfer those credits anywhere. Community colleges are set up to transfer credits, degrees, and whole programs to universities. Private little schools, have no luck, then you're F-ed.

Also, community colleges offer every program available at the Bryman type school, only it is a fraction of the cost. It's not worth the price, IMHO, to speed up your education, when you could just take extra credits. And as I stated earlier, some of the programs offered at Bryman, you don't even need formal training for, you can get it for free by on the job training. Many hospitals offer FREE PAID CNA training.

• GO DBACKS!!

My brother was thinking about taking a Vet Tech course thru one of those private institutions and he came to me to ask my opinion. I told him to go to several Vet clinics/Animal Hospitals and ask some questions about what it takes to get hired as a Vet Tech. The third place he visited hired him, almost on the spot, with no previous experience at all and no schooling required.........and he still works there five years later.

It wasn't me, it was Lisa!

• That Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Earkid View Post
    My brother was thinking about taking a Vet Tech course thru one of those private institutions and he came to me to ask my opinion. I told him to go to several Vet clinics/Animal Hospitals and ask some questions about what it takes to get hired as a Vet Tech. The third place he visited hired him, almost on the spot, with no previous experience at all and no schooling required.........and he still works there five years later.

Thanks for posting this cool example Dr. EK!

Your brother easily saved $9,000, and he got to learn on the job. How cool. Great example, it pays to ask around, many career fields welcome and encourage interns/volunteers to their respective fields.