Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

•   

Kobe Demands Trade!!

I'm sure you've heard about the DUI with Jerry Buss and also about Kobe coming out yesterday saying he had nothing to do with Shaq being traded and that it's hard to trust anyone on the Lakers now.
    Well just today he officially said he wants to be traded! I hope this doesn't happen! I think we really fudged up when we got rid of one of the greatest centers of all time but now to get rid of another great?!?! Kobe has pissed me off here and there but I still want him as a Laker. Buss and Kupchak better do something to keep Kobe there, get West back, and then get this team turned around!

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/6864820?MSNHPHMA
    Last edited by cal4iri; 05-30-2007 at 09:41 AM.

• Hiding in the shadows

Re: Kobe Demands Trade!!

I heard the rumors that he said he wanted to be traded were refuted...is this something new or the rumors from over the weekend?

A little piece of heaven

• Circle of Ancients

Let him go I say.

That way I can in good conscience root for the Lakers again.

•   

Quote Originally Posted by MollyTrolly View Post
    I heard the rumors that he said he wanted to be traded were refuted...is this something new or the rumors from over the weekend?
    At first I believe they were rumors but today he officially said he wanted to be traded.

•   
    • Damn Good Burger!

Yeesh! I knew it would come to this.

• Circle of Ancients

I say trade him to the Heat. LOL!!!

EDIT: Article on Yahoo ... http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070530/..._lakers_bryant

• Minion

Wow, the Lakers are gonna be the new Clippers...

•   

I know not many people like Kobe. But on the court he is one of the greatest players out there. He's pissed me off plenty on and off the court but I still don't want him to get traded. I think getting rid of Shaq and then Kobe would be 2 of the worst trades in sports history.

Do you all hate Kobe that much or just not care for the Lakers I'm wondering.

• Circle of Ancients

I LOVE the Lakers ... just don't like Kobe.

• Hiding in the shadows

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Let him go I say.

That way I can in good conscience root for the Lakers again.
    I agree that they would be better off without him from a fan perspective, because they are not really going to win a championship on the road they are on. He is a great player, but I think the years of "building a team around him" are over.

Plus being a Clipper fan, I am really sick of the Kobe haters, it would be nice to have the rival back without Kobe being a main ingredient, espeiclaly since my Clips are a half way decent team now (please note I only said 1/2)

A little piece of heaven

• Circle of Ancients

If Kobe is making an annoucement he wants to be traded , obviously he's trying to get Buss's and Kupchak's attention that something needs to be done.

I hope the trade doesn't happen. Kobe is a good player.

I love Lakers

• is on the rocks

Quote Originally Posted by cal4iri View Post
    At first I believe they were rumors but today he officially said he wanted to be traded.
    Good! Get rid of him.

Quote Originally Posted by cal4iri View Post
    I know not many people like Kobe. But on the court he is one of the greatest players out there. He's pissed me off plenty on and off the court but I still don't want him to get traded. I think getting rid of Shaq and then Kobe would be 2 of the worst trades in sports history.

Do you all hate Kobe that much or just not care for the Lakers I'm wondering.
    He may be one of the greatest players out there, but he's also one of the most self-centered. The Lakers of the late 80's were great because they had superstar players that could also play together as a team. Not so with Kobe. It's all about him, come hell or high water. How long are the Lakers supposed to try and build a team around him? He says he wants a championship - I think he should have qualified it by saying "I want a championship, but it has to center around me." I really think the Lakers made a mistake trading Shaq. They should have ditched Kobe.
    She did it!

• Minion

I'm not a Laker fan, and if Kobe leaves, I can laugh at everyone that keeps talking about how great the "team" is.

Can't Wait!

•   

I had a feeling it had to only do with Kobe and not the Lakers as a team.

See, I'm torn by this because I think Kobe is a great player but I also agree that he is self centered. On the other hand, he doesn't have the greatest of guys around him. Some of the teams out there winning are all star teams with the guys they have. We aren't even close with the guys we have (besides Odom). But then again, I've always felt that Kobe wouldn't work well with an all star coming to the Lakers because he can be so selfish with the ball. I was hoping we'd get someone to prove me wrong but that hasn't happened and it doesn't look like it's going to happen.
    I'd rather give him the benefit of the doubt and keep him, get some better guys and see what we can do as a team. Kobe tried with our current guys but they couldn't pull it out so he then had to turn into the Kobe that you all hate.

• Bring Me Two Piña Coladas

Quote Originally Posted by MollyTrolly View Post
    I agree that they would be better off without him from a fan perspective, because they are not really going to win a championship on the road they are on. He is a great player, but I think the years of "building a team around him" are over.

Plus being a Clipper fan, I am really sick of the Kobe haters, it would be nice to have the rival back without Kobe being a main ingredient, espeiclaly since my Clips are a half way decent team now (please note I only said 1/2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidergrrrl View Post
    Good! Get rid of him.

He may be one of the greatest players out there, but he's also one of the most self-centered. The Lakers of the late 80's were great because they had superstar players that could also play together as a team. Not so with Kobe. It's all about him, come hell or high water. How long are the Lakers supposed to try and build a team around him? He says he wants a championship - I think he should have qualified it by saying "I want a championship, but it has to center around me." I really think the Lakers made a mistake trading Shaq. They should have ditched Kobe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian View Post
    I'm not a Laker fan, and if Kobe leaves, I can laugh at everyone that keeps talking about how great the "team" is.

Can't Wait!

From the ESPN.com article

"Bryant was left "beyond furious" by a report in Tuesday's Los Angeles Times that read, "as a Lakers insider notes, it was Bryant's insistence on getting away from Shaquille O'Neal that got them in this mess."

O'Neal was traded to the Miami Heat after the 2003-04 season, and the long-held belief has been that the deteriorating relationship between O'Neal and Bryant was a factor in O'Neal's departure.

In response to the Times' story, Bryant, interviewed by Smith for a Philadelphia Inquirer column, said Buss "called a meeting with me after he spoke with Jim Gray [of ESPN] to talk with him about Shaq's future in the middle of the 2004 season.

"He met with me at the Four Seasons Hotel here [in Newport Beach, Calif.] across from Fashion Island, which is now the Island Hotel," Bryant told Smith. "I went up to his penthouse suite. [Buss] looks me dead in the face and says: 'Kobe, I am not going to re-sign Shaq. I am not about to pay him $30 million a year or $80 million over three years. No way in hell. I feel like he's getting older. His body is breaking down, and I don't want to pay that money to him when I can get value for him right now rather than wait.

"This is my decision. It's independent of you. My mind is made up. It doesn't matter to me what you do in free agency because I do not want to pay [Shaq], period.'"

"Dr. Buss said that," Bryant told Smith. "And I haven't said anything for years because I've always felt like folks were just looking to create controversy. Now I know. I realize what extent [the Lakers] will go to, to cover themselves."

Reached afterward, O'Neal told Smith that he believed his former teammate to be beyond reproach.

"I believe Kobe 100 percent," O'Neal said when reached in Los Angeles. "Absolutely. There's no doubt in my mind Kobe is telling the truth. I believe him a thousand percent.

"I would have respected Dr. Buss more as a man if he would have told me that himself, because I know he said it. But he didn't [tell me]. He never said a damn word to me."

Buss was unavailable for comment Tuesday, as was Kupchak. Buss, 74, was booked early Tuesday for investigation of drunken driving and driving with a blood alcohol content of 0.08 or above."

STOP hating on Kobe and blaming him. He's not the one that makes the decisions. People who knock him down for being arrogants and self centered don't know Kobe Bryant. Hearsay isn't a good way to judge someone.

It's not his fault they traded Shaq. It's not his fault he was freakin' lied to!

I'm tired of people knocking someone down they don't know, and who has a high competitive level. I'm tired of people knocking him down for wanting to WIN. If people know Kobe, they would say the opposite of the "haters"...

If you want to start hating, start at the top...those are the dudes who sign off on the deals and kill the deals Kobe tells his GM and owners of the players who are ready to come over.
    Three-time MVP Larry Bird, noting that Bryant has been the NBA's premier player for years, told Sports Illustrated's Dan Patrick before this week's announcement, "When someone told me the other day that Kobe hadn't won an MVP trophy, it sort of made me feel like I wanted to throw mine away."

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast