Thread: Mountain Biking

Mountain Biking

Anyone here do much mountain biking??
    I started about 2 years ago but don't get a chance to go much.
    The best place I've ridden is Mammoth Mountain. We're going there again this July.

•   
    • Kerplookee

Re: Mountain Biking

Love to mountain bike!! I had a serious crash years ago on Mt. Tam(here in the bay Area) that put me out of commission for a while.
    Done a lot of mountain biking in the Bay Area and Tahoe.

Haven't done it in a while but we used to take the gondola at Squaw Valley and bike down. good fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpee View Post
    I only care for Disney bling!

Quote Originally Posted by Duck44 View Post
    Love to mountain bike!! I had a serious crash years ago on Mt. Tam(here in the bay Area) that put me out of commission for a while.
    Done a lot of mountain biking in the Bay Area and Tahoe.

Haven't done it in a while but we used to take the gondola at Squaw Valley and bike down. good fun.
    Ouch! What happened with your crash if you don't mind me asking?

I ate it last year in Mammoth but nothing to serious. Just lost my tire in the lose stuff going across one of the slopes and it pulled my bike right out from under me. I sort of bailed so I wouldn't get hurt more and tried to run it off down the slopes like a freakin idiot. About 200 feet later I finally rolled and just took the fall while laughing my *** off.

•   
    • Kerplookee

Go to Mammoth yet?

My crash was brutal. Thank god I had a helmet on.
    About 6 of us got a late start going up Mt. Tamalpais. We made it to the top and explored some new trails going down. Two flat tires and a wrong turn later it started getting dark. By the time we got halfway down it was almost completely dark out. About a mile from the cars the dirt trail turns into a paved residential road that I've never been on and I didn't know it had speed bumps. I must have been going 25mph when I hit the first one. My mistake was tapping the front break which sent me flying off my bike and over the handlebars headfirst. I landed straight on my head and momentum summersault slammed my back on the concrete. I remember my bike catching up to me and getting tangled with it for a second. Then I was out. I came through hearing my friends(who had reached the bottom then headed back up) yelling my name. Strange part was I got up and coasted to the car...I felt fine. Adrenaline was still pumping through me and as I started to calm down the pain set in. I couldn't drive home and by the time my buddy got us home I could barely get out of the car.
    No broken bones but I had to do physical therapy for almost a year and my back still has pains from that accident.
    Thank god I was wearing a helmet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpee View Post
    I only care for Disney bling!

Hubby and I have done quite a bit of mountain biking lately at Sycamore Canyon. Last time we saw a skunk and a dozen deer. It was nice. We're probably going again tonight.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • State sponsored cyclist

Broke my collarbone mountain biking (7-4-03). Don't do it much any more, but heading for Tahoe today to ride the flume trail tomorrow.
    Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
    2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.
    2014 so far: 5751 miles, 319,000 feet