• Minion

Wells Fargo ATM's

So has anyone else been using the new Wells Fargo ATM's ?

They have a new envelope free system. You just stick in a stack of checks and/or cash and the system scans them and automatically calculates your deposit.

How cool is that...
    ďAny sequel three or higher..... around number five they get a new cast, thatís when the magic really happens": Modern Family

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Re: Wells Fargo ATM's

Bank of America has had them for a couple of months now, and I love them.

• GO DBACKS!!

That's how I have been doing my company deposit the last few weeks. You actually have to insert the checks individually to have them scanned. Sometimes it can read the amount and writing on the check and sometimes it can't. If it can't read the writing it asks you to type in the amount. If you have a lot of items it seems to take longer than going inside the bank when the line is average. It is wonderful for those times when you have to make a deposit when the bank is closed. I especially like that it prints a pic of the checks right on the receipt.

It wasn't me, it was Lisa!

•   

Really??? Wow, I haven't seen this yet. I switched to a credit union so I don't have Wells Fargo anymore.
    There has to be a max on how many checks or how much cash you can deposit. With a bunch of checks the line will take forever!

• Minion

You can put in up to 10 checks at a time and if you want they will print out a receipt with your check images on it.
    ďAny sequel three or higher..... around number five they get a new cast, thatís when the magic really happens": Modern Family

• That Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Earkid View Post
    That's how I have been doing my company deposit the last few weeks. You actually have to insert the checks individually to have them scanned. Sometimes it can read the amount and writing on the check and sometimes it can't. If it can't read the writing it asks you to type in the amount. If you have a lot of items it seems to take longer than going inside the bank when the line is average. It is wonderful for those times when you have to make a deposit when the bank is closed. I especially like that it prints a pic of the checks right on the receipt.

Sounds like it could be a safety issue. If you are spending a great deal of time inserting checks, bills, etc. it would mean you are staning around an atm for a while, which is never the safest move.

• Minion

Well like I said, at WF you can insert up to 10 check at a time, it scans them no problem

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Interesting. I bank with a credit union though so it'll probably be years before I see something like that at my CU.

• GO DBACKS!!

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerfan View Post
    Well like I said, at WF you can insert up to 10 check at a time, it scans them no problem
    You are right TF. I got mixed up cuz my personal account is w/ WF but the corporate acct is thru BofA and they are the bank that makes you insert the checks individually. The cash you can insert up to 40 bills at a time, or something like that.

It wasn't me, it was Lisa!

• Clearing my Calendar

Cash is 40 bills. I don't remember the checks.

I use BofA.

It's not that complicated and it doesn't take a lot of time - I'm not there than maybe 30 seconds to a minute longer. Of course, I have half a brain and know how to function something with a touch-screen interface.

I can see where it would be a problem (victim wise) if someone isn't computer efficient or just stupid. But that's what the drive up banking or the inside is for.
    "But every night, when it gets dark
    and the stars come out,
    I'll look up on her behalf.
    I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Interesting....

I don't bank with WF because my family and I had HUGE HUGE issues with the buy out of First Interstate Bank around 1994 - and when our accounts became Wells Fargo - we had major issues - like our accounts were having cash removed from them internally. It was very strange.......a total of $6K over the course of a few months was removed from my parents account.

Because of this WF incident 13 years ago, Now I always go into the bank to make any sort of deposit. I guess it's sort of old fashioned of me, but I like to know that it was actually accepted by a person and deposited into my account.

• Clearing my Calendar

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post

Because of this WF incident 13 years ago, Now I always go into the bank to make any sort of deposit. I guess it's sort of old fashioned of me, but I like to know that it was actually accepted by a person and deposited into my account.

Perfectly reasonable to me.

If I have to go to the bank by my onesie, I go inside. I'm afraid I'll mess something up. But I never go without Bryan. Bryan is usually always the driver. And he likes the ATM.

"But every night, when it gets dark
    and the stars come out,
    I'll look up on her behalf.
    I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

Even better is "desktop deposit" which we use at the office. It's like being your own teller. And you see it INSTANTLY when you check your online banking...very cool. Only thing better would be for the checks to deposit themselves...which only a few people have the set-up to do yet. Paypal is trying to be the AOL of banking but frankly, they take too big of a % for what can actually be negotiated with the likes of a WellsFargo instead. Time keeps flying and cooler and cooler things keep becoming available. Can't wait to see what Bof A and Wells come up with in the next 10yrs!