•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

Santa Cruz Boardwalk - Hotels??

Hello Mc'ers,
    Wondering if any of you might recommend a hotel in Santa Cruz at or very near the boardwalk (i.e. walking distance). I've looked online and found "Coast Santa Cruz Hotel" , the photos look nice (nice pool, nice looking rooms) but I couldn't find any reviews. I found LOTS of reviews on the Comfort Inns there and the reviews didn't spur me to book a room but this Coast place sounded interesting. We're there for only 2 nights. I prefer nicer hotels, the rest of the family could care less as long as they either 1. swim in hotel pool or 2. swim in ocean. Me on the other hand, I want a good night's rest (i.e. Disneyland Hotel or GHC!!). Any help or advise you might offer would be greatly appreciated!

thanks in advance!

•   
    • I <3 o

Re: Santa Cruz Boardwalk - Hotels??

I've never stayed there but I've heard very good stuff about the Coast Santa Cruz Hotel, and its RIGHT on the beach, I used to surf right in front of the hotel all the time.
    Is this haunted signature
    actually
    stretching?

Or is it your imagination, hmm?
    Rockin' Lady Adelade of Random
    also known as...
    Dominatrix of Randomness

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

Years ago it was known as the "Dream Inn" I stayed there for a few nights with my Family...it was great!
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• That Guy

I'm sorry I don't know that area, but as a rule of thumb, independent hotels are usually better than two or three star chains. I have always done VERY well by using hotels recommended by MCers.

Good luck!

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

alright.. I booked it...after reading "dream inn"...hahahahaha sign me up!

Thanks so much!

Now if only there was someplace nice in Redding....(only stayed at the Red Lion there...nice enough...warm cookies upon arrival, kids love that..well, ok, *I* don't mind it either!!)....

• Banned User

you might talk with buttercup, she had friends come for a party one fourth of july and they booked a room. Maybe she can help you since she lives in the erea Have a fun time!!!

• Circle of Ancients

I've always thought it would be fun to stay at the Dream Inn (sorry I can't help but call it that still) since it's right on the beach . My mom and her husband stayed there once and loved it.

There are also a lot of places right on the beach in Capitola by the sea which is about 5 miles farther south than Santa Cruz. Anything by the ocean is going to be higher priced.

There are also a lot of good and lesser priced places on Ocean Street and you can catch the shuttle right down to the Boardwalk.

The Pasatiempo Inn is pretty nice and right off Hwy 17 just as you're getting to Santa Cruz. And before that , there is the Best Western and the Hilton in Scotts Valley. The Hilton is literally a block away form my house and it is absolutely beautiful there.

I'm sure you'll have a great time no matter where you stay. If you want to call me when you're in the area and ask for any suggestions for restaurants or entertainment , just pm me and I'll give you my phone number!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Basically avoid anything on Ocean Street. They may be cheap but that's because it's located in the middle of the "Hood". They just opened a Best Western on 41st Ave. right before I moved which is in a nice area. Hotels in Capitola, though nice, are pretty expensive. While in Santa Cruz, go by Club Aqua Sports on 17th and Brommer. Lou the owner has a little gallery in the back of the shop and some of my art is showcased there.
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Collapse the waveform

I've stayed at the Best Western in Scotts Valley, which is close to the beach but far enough inland that its cheaper. Also fun townspeople.

And we stayed at the Best Western in Aptos. Aptos is 15-30 minutes south of Santa Cruz. The BW there is nicer than the one in Scotts Valley and you can walk to the beach.
    Follow me on Twitter: @matthamand

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Hamand View Post
    I've stayed at the Best Western in Scotts Valley, which is close to the beach but far enough inland that its cheaper. Also fun townspeople.

And we stayed at the Best Western in Aptos. Aptos is 15-30 minutes south of Santa Cruz. The BW there is nicer than the one in Scotts Valley and you can walk to the beach.
    The Best Western in Aptos is awesome. I used to work in the Rite Aid across the street from there and used to eat at Severino's there all the time.
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!