Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8910111213 LastLast

• ...the legend

Blog Entries
    Tsk tsk. Do tell the juicy details....
    I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it.
    That explains the trouble that I'm always in...

• Smells like beer

Quote Originally Posted by Jennidisneyfer
    Tsk tsk. Do tell the juicy details....
    I did, we just did what we do here over there.
    I find it hard
    It's hard to find
    Oh well, whatever, nevermind

• ...the legend

Blog Entries
    I see. So....what, the Mods aren't as easy-going as ours? Honestly, no disrespect to you, I can NOT believe Tui didn't get canned before you. You must have been terrible.

EDIT: Post #1,800!
    Last edited by Jennidisneyfer; 06-22-2005 at 11:35 PM. Reason: To announce my ever-growing and embarrasing post count!

• For old time sake

Are there any hills in Anaheim? Can we all go ice blocking when we get together for the 50th?

They don't call it Anaheim Hills for nothing!!! We can iceblock down Nohl Ranch road
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• Smells like beer

I see. So....what, the Mods aren't as easy-going as ours? Honestly, no disrespect to you, I can NOT believe Tui didn't get canned before you. You must have been terrible.[/SIZE]
    Well ya see here's the thing......I was already in trouble over from a long time ago. Back before I joined Micechat. I guess I was still on there radar, I got a couple things in then my posts started disappearing.
    I find it hard
    It's hard to find
    Oh well, whatever, nevermind

• ...the legend

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LightBeer
    Well ya see here's the thing......I was already in trouble over from a long time ago. Back before I joined Micechat. I guess I was still on there radar, I got a couple things in then my posts started disappearing.
    Ahhh, your reputation proceeded you. Shameful Lightbeer. Welp, on with the show....

Or in the words of Captain Locke: Carry on.

• a saweet songbird =)

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    soulquarian: I'm not saying people shouldn't get riled up in the discussion, that's WHY those discussions are fun to participate in. However, people need to learn to separate what's discussed on these boards from real life. All this talk of awkwardness at meets is just silly. It's implying that people will not give others a chance in real life just because they've butted head online over what usually boils down to semantics. There are occasionally people who will let an online dispute boil over into real life.

This applies to all those threats of physical violence we saw earlier, as well as to people who chicken out of coming to meets just because they're "afraid" of meeting someone they've butted heads with on the boards. It's silly, it's childish, and I stand behind my assertion that people need to realize it's just a discussion board and it has no bearing on anything outside of the online world - and they need to get over it.
    Morrigon: I not only completely undertstand what you're saying but "feel" the same way that you do in the sense that we should "all learn to get along". It's not realistic...but the feeling is mutual! It's ridiculous that a person (at Disneyland to say the least) would pose physical threats towards another simply because, their views differed. Yes! Everyone is entitled to their oppinions AS WELL as their emotions; it's what they choose to do with them that matters ie: physically fighting over silly semantics (as you put it). Yes! This is merely a discussion board (not life or death) where fellow Disney "friends" have the freedom to state their oppinions. I agree, people should learn to respect one another's oppinions and agree to disagree. You're right, people should learn to "be the bigger person," to handle things in an adult-manner, and to meet up with everyone at Disneyland despite the fact that they may have "butted heads" online a few times. True, everyone deserves a chance! HOWEVER, I gather (and I could be wrong, so correct me if needs be) that you are mixing "fantasyland" with "frontierland," "real-life," with " life at disneyland."
    For some...Disneyland is an escape from real life...goodness you can't even catch a glimpse of the outside world from within! This is a discussion board that is...ALL ABOUT DISNEYLAND! Something that could be used as an escape as well however, political, religious, racial, and social topics tend to come up along with what's the newest attraction. Thus altering that "make-believe-I-don't-wanna-grow-up-sugar-coated-fairy-tale" board that's intended to be about "the happiest place on earth!" These are all topics, mind you, that are very much indeed "real." I mean there have been threads discussing new bills, possibilities of cancer, divorce, leaving one spouse for another, racial slurs, and so on and so forth. Serious topics as opposed to Mice chat beauty pageants, Favorite Disney Songs, Fantasy Coffee shops, Beatles VS. Elvis, etc, etc. Heaven forbid somebody on here takes a racial slur, or possibilities of cancer seriously and to heart at that!
    I don't know about you but, I know, that I can't personally, tell someone who may think they have cancer to just forget about what was said in response to their request for advice. Do I think that they should then take a base ball bat to the other chatter's head next time at DL because, they said in return," I think you're worrying too much?" Or better yet...notify the Disney police that mice chat parent over there just tied there kid to a tree so that they won't lose them when standing in line for food?????? No way! Two wrongs, don't make a right!
    In conclusion,I simply think that Soul is right. As much as i'd like to give people benefit of the doubt, it's hard to ignore the fact that this person feels strongly about illegal-immigrants abusing the system, or so-and-so feels that the racial slur Tar Baby is a term of endearment. I am not a fake person. If I don't like someone, they'd know. It would be too difficult for me to feel otherwise simply because, I am at the "happiest place on earth!" I mean, i'd like to see the discussion of The Electric Chair: For or Against take place and then see whether or not you'd want to meet any of us afterwards. Once again these are our oppinions, yes. I just can't pretend like the two don't co-exist or SHOULD NOT co-exist. Believe me! I honestly and secretly pray, hope, and wish for world peace ALL THE TIME!!! :o

• Original Mice-Chatter

Man, ya'll are some mean bitches (and I know you can take being called that), but I'm MEANER.....and older, so step aside girls.
    The thing is, I don't need to stand in line. I'm just that special.

• Gloomy Day, probably rain

#1 - How the heck did this thread get derailed! LOL!! Talk about going off topic!

#2 - Just to answer the original question - The problem with the internet/boards/email/etc is that we can write something that SOUNDS offensive when in reality it wasn't meant to be. Sarcasm is so hard to write! Hence the in fighting.

Now back to entirely derailing this thread...

SO what are you doing for July 4th. :Hoping to derail thread further:

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries
    A quick note about other internet boards:

Please be do not discuss trolling at other boards. We do not want to start a board war.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• o Tom o

Quote Originally Posted by mamabot
    A quick note about other internet boards:

Please be do not discuss trolling at other boards. We do not want to start a board war.
    OHHHHHHHHH but I have a pile of 2x4s and wooden fence boards I had been stock piling!

• Original Mice-Chatter

Quote Originally Posted by ah schucks
    OHHHHHHHHH but I have a pile of 2x4s and wooden fence boards I had been stock piling!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

Quote Originally Posted by ah schucks
    lololololololololol!
    Took me a minute.
    In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe. -Michael Jackson

• ...the legend

Blog Entries
    Neph: You are indeed special

mamabot: Sorry! (Lightbeer started it!)

• a saweet songbird =)

Quote Originally Posted by mistyisjafo
    #1 - How the heck did this thread get derailed! LOL!! Talk about going off topic!

#2 - Just to answer the original question - The problem with the internet/boards/email/etc is that we can write something that SOUNDS offensive when in reality it wasn't meant to be. Sarcasm is so hard to write! Hence the in fighting.
    I don't think it's that simple. I feel that soul would agree with me on this one. There are those who may not want to meet up at DL not just because, of a sarcastic remark that hurt their feelings but because, so-and-so strongly believes that (oh lets just say) cervical cancer is nothing to worry about. Everyone's entitled to their emotions and oppinions, right or wrong. So to tell that person to just "get over it" and to meet up with everyone anyways because, it didn't offend THEM or effect THEM as much, I think is wrong. If that Mice Chatter didn't want to meet with that person because, they really have no desire to befriend someone who feels that way about cancer, then that's their decision. This actually has nothing to do with sarcasm, it's the fact that there are serious, real-life topics being discussed on this board, where oppinions SHOULD be taken with more than a grain of salt. And frankly people should just learn to respect one another's oppinions offline and online.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8910111213 LastLast