Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1

    •   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    12,350

    Part Time Job Ideas?

    With the new car dipping into the budget more than I wanted it to, I need to get a 2nd part time job to fund the family cushion and my Disney trips. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions?

    I have never worked with food and I don't plan on starting now. I was looking for something that I could possibly do at home a few nights a week with some weekend days. Any online suggestions would be great as I obviously love being on the computer.

    So! Any ideas?

  2. #2

    • Waiting for my E-Ticket
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota
    Posts
    19,487

    Re: Part Time Job Ideas?

    Target?

  3. #3

    • Winter in Oceanside...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    6,747

    Re: Part Time Job Ideas?

    Saw this job on Craigs List. Don't know anything about it, but it might be worth checking into.

    Work From Home Processing Mortgage Refunds

    Reply to: [email protected]
    Date: 2007-06-01, 6:49PM PDT



    Earn income working-at-home as a 3rd Party Tracer Processing Mortgage Refunds (helping the Federal Government return unclaimed refunds)!

    This opportunity has been available for years, but is not very widely known. You can work only a few hours a week or several hours a day, it is up to you. The key job responsibilities and work activities include office support and clerical duties from the comfort of your own home.

  4. #4

    • most magical vaca ever
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    19,288

    Re: Part Time Job Ideas?

    Hmmm...

    phone sec operator?

    You do have a great voice Summer
    ~~~~~~

  5. #5

    •   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    12,350

    Re: Part Time Job Ideas?

    Quote Originally Posted by DMof2 View Post
    Hmmm...

    phone sec operator?

    You do have a great voice Summer
    I hear they make up to $18 an hour. Unfortunately, I don't think I have the um...abilities that would help go with the voice.

  6. #6

    •   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    12,350

    Re: Part Time Job Ideas?

    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessY View Post
    Saw this job on Craigs List. Don't know anything about it, but it might be worth checking into.

    Work From Home Processing Mortgage Refunds

    Reply to: [email protected]
    Date: 2007-06-01, 6:49PM PDT



    Earn income working-at-home as a 3rd Party Tracer Processing Mortgage Refunds (helping the Federal Government return unclaimed refunds)!

    This opportunity has been available for years, but is not very widely known. You can work only a few hours a week or several hours a day, it is up to you. The key job responsibilities and work activities include office support and clerical duties from the comfort of your own home.

    Thank you! I am great at data entry and clerical, so this might be something to consider. Can you provide me the link to Craig's List? I've never heard of them before.

  7. #7

    • Man O Lantern
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    It's fall, ya'll!
    Posts
    8,484

    Re: Part Time Job Ideas?

    www.craigslist.org

    Find the city closest to you and look for part-time jobs. Good luck!

    Here are the Florida choices:
    http://geo.craigslist.org/iso/us/fl

  8. #8

    •   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • MC Director of Sales and Marketing
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Sitting in the Tiki Room
    Posts
    2,085
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Part Time Job Ideas?

    Summer - With work from home opportunities you really have to watch out for scams.

    I work for the company that put together this list so it's legit. PM me if I can help.

    http://www.womenforhire.com/advice/w...home_resources
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse princess View Post
    Of course I am worried about your mental health. I want happiness for all. Like we can all be like the Smurfs. But without Gargomel. He was mean.

  9. #9

    • World Traveler
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Aventura, FL
    Posts
    4,009

    Re: Part Time Job Ideas?

    I have two friends that work for Arise. They do phone customer service for several companies including Disney dining!

    Good luck.


  10. #10

    • most magical vaca ever
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    19,288

    Re: Part Time Job Ideas?

    Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    I hear they make up to $18 an hour. Unfortunately, I don't think I have the um...abilities that would help go with the voice.


    Yeah, may be hard to explain to the girls too
    ~~~~~~

  11. #11

    •   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    12,350

    Re: Part Time Job Ideas?

    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJenn View Post
    Summer - With work from home opportunities you really have to watch out for scams.

    I work for the company that put together this list so it's legit. PM me if I can help.

    http://www.womenforhire.com/advice/w...home_resources

    Thank you, I was looking for something like this but was worried about exactly what you suggested. I appreciate the input greatly.

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeland View Post
    I have two friends that work for Arise. They do phone customer service for several companies including Disney dining!

    Good luck.
    Thanks for the link! I will check into it, I appreciate the direction.

  12. #12

    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    11,749

    Re: Part Time Job Ideas?

    Babysitting
    Lifeguard
    Petsitting

  13. #13

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    front seat on a Roller Coaster !
    Posts
    1,687

    Re: Part Time Job Ideas?

    as you live 50 min from WDW you should ask for a part time there or at Universal . Universal has the best hourly rates as a part time i heard .

  14. #14

    •   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    12,350

    Re: Part Time Job Ideas?

    Quote Originally Posted by DLRP_bopazot View Post
    as you live 50 min from WDW you should ask for a part time there or at Universal . Universal has the best hourly rates as a part time i heard .
    Thanks, I did consider that but as I wanted to take away as little time as possible from my kids, I was looking for something in home or really close to home. The gas would get eaten up if I worked at WDW but don't think I didn't consider it.

Similar Threads

  1. Part time Jobs with Benefits?
    By nbodyhome in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-01-2008, 03:39 PM
  2. Part time merchandise questions
    By mainstreetcm in forum Break Room
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-23-2007, 01:43 AM
  3. Ideas that sound COOL at the time, but after they happen...You cringe.
    By viewaskewniverse in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-01-2007, 06:44 AM
  4. Audition to hold a part-time job for a day!
    By Mr. Shoes in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-16-2007, 08:09 AM
  5. Idea for new shop on Main Street! new ideas!!! Part 1
    By mini_imagineer in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-14-2006, 05:52 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •