Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Banned User

Tofu turkey anyone tried this?Any good vegan foods you like? please share !

my kids and I have been eating very healthy, we are not going to be eating tofu ( my sister is coming to show me how to cook with this and to also make wheat substitutes , and meat alternatives. ( we have been eating vegi burgers and lots of rices and vegtables. fruit and such, but we wanted to ask if anyone has tried tofurky.
    thanks
    Last edited by Hakuna Makarla; 06-13-2007 at 08:48 AM.

• Beep Beep!

Re: Tofu turkey anyone tried this?

TERRIBLE! We tried it once at Thanksgiving, yuck! And this is from someone who loves tofu.
    HDAlien

-----------------------------------------------------
    "I dream of the day when you can go to a drive through, purchase alcohol, tobacco, and bullets, and use them all before you get home" -- Dogbert

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I can only think about the "Everybody Loves Raymond" episode where Marie made a Tofu Turkey. It was very funny. The family didn't like the tofu. I have never eaten it myself.

• Huh?

If you want a GREAT meat substitute, go to the fresh produce (usually) and you'll find in the refrigerated section packages of patties, 2 per packages, of something called "Garlic Portabello Burgers." These are some of the greatest things EVER. Even a mushroom hater will like these patties. And, only 100 calories each, so healthier than most imitation meat (check the calorie and fat content sometime -- imitation meat is usually no better than the real thing). First time I had them, I grilled the patties on a George Foreman Grill, put them on a light tortilla, and just put some Morioka's Ginger Dressing on top. It was quite yummy like that!

Stay away from Yves. Okay, so I only had the chicken and the beef skewers. But they were horrid! Tough, stringy, disgusting. I'm afraid of trying the rest of their products now.
    -Tim

• Senior Minion

If I've learned one thing about meat substitutes is that they ALL SUCK. Feel free to try it for yourself, but you will see that meat substitutes are just awful. I'd go with the burgers that FB suggested, mushroom based patties I've tried have always been delicious!

•   
    • Damn Good Burger!

Quote Originally Posted by TikiRoomLiz View Post
    If I've learned one thing about meat substitutes is that they ALL SUCK. Feel free to try it for yourself, but you will see that meat substitutes are just awful. I'd go with the burgers that FB suggested, mushroom based patties I've tried have always been delicious!
    Word up sister. I do like tofu sausage and soyrizo. Shrooms are the best however.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by GrouchyRob View Post
    Word up sister. I do like tofu sausage and soyrizo. Shrooms are the best however.
    Soyrizo ... are you serious! I had no idea something like that existed.

•   
    • Damn Good Burger!

Soyrizo ... are you serious! I had no idea something like that existed.
    It's great. Tastes very similar to chorizo without all the byproducts.

• Huh?

I actually like a lot of the meat substitute stuff. The BK Veggie Burger = Yummy. Still not as healthy as real veggies (sodium level is above 1,000 mg!), but yummy. Haven't got those Morning Star (Uhm, that's the name of the brand, yes?) patties for my home use, but one thing I like about it is that it doesn't try to hide the fact that it's a veggie product. Actually, many of their products are better than the competition -- I really like their corn dogs! Yum. And you'd be easily fooled to think those corn dogs are meat!
    -Tim

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by GrouchyRob View Post
    I bought this today!!
    I also bought the soyrizo
    and the imitation sasauge . and the vegi dogs ( to go with the vegitarian chili)
    We did nalleys chili today, vegitarian style, it was yummy! and we are doing brown rice and lots of stir fry.
    I have a sister who cooks with tofu, she says there is a nack to it, and she is coming back in 2 weeks to show me how to cook with it. I am also now learning I am eating to live not live to eat. 3 days 9 pounds lost , yeah I am doing great.
    Boca burgers are yum, and I do tvp in my home to make chili and spagetti sauces.
    I was so anxious to know what the tofurkey was like, thank you all for telling me, I am sure its expensive. I am going to a coop this weekend to get different things, I may try there tofurkey tv dinners just to try them

Quote Originally Posted by FrumiousBoojum View Post
    I actually like a lot of the meat substitute stuff. The BK Veggie Burger = Yummy. Still not as healthy as real veggies (sodium level is above 1,000 mg!), but yummy. Haven't got those Morning Star (Uhm, that's the name of the brand, yes?) patties for my home use, but one thing I like about it is that it doesn't try to hide the fact that it's a veggie product. Actually, many of their products are better than the competition -- I really like their corn dogs! Yum. And you'd be easily fooled to think those corn dogs are meat!
    BK is that the brand? I will look for it, can you tell me where you get the corn dogs? my kids will like these I am sure.

• Minion

Karla BK=Burger King veggie burgers, off the menu.
    You will have to let me know how it all is, I have never tried the veggie meat products.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by samsma View Post
    You will have to let me know how it all is, I have never tried the veggie meat products.
    ok, I did not know they had that! I still am not going there, to eat from a grill cooked with burger but I bet its tasty!
    I love vegi burgers, and acually you can make anything taste good with plenty of mustard I am anxious to try the soyizo and my crumbled fake burger in the spagetti this week. I will let you know what I like about each and dislikes

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Amen, here's to real meat!
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Minion

• Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by samsma View Post
    Off the menu? Every Burger King I've seen has had it on the menu...
    -Tim

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast