Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

Who is a better photographer? You or your significant other?

I scrapbook all of our Disney trips and I can always tell who took the pictures. I try to frame them with space all around the subject while my husband tries to get closer ones. The trouble is, he usually knocks our feet out or only gives a tiny bit of space over our heads. Maybe that is why I take most of the pictures, but that means it looks like my kids don't have a mom since I am not in any pictures. With scrapbooks, at least I can edit the bad photos and get rid of people in the background.

My husband knows the technical side of cameras, but needs some help in composing the picutes. So, who is the best photographer in your family?

• Man O Lantern

Re: Who is a better photographer? You or your significant other?

Me! By far. Not even close. Thank god with digital cameras, I can view the pictures he takes of me and make him redo them. I don't have a single good picture of me the years prior to that, unless someone else took them....like one of the kids.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Him, I am blind in one eye and do not have any depth perception. I have gotten better after looking at the one great MC'ers photos and trying to imitate some of there ways. But overall my hubby does a much better job than me at pictures.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

My husband leaves all the photography to me. In fact it was his idea that I start scrapbook the thousands of photos that I had put away in albums. Yes, I was organized. I had chronological photos albums. Those are not as organized as I like, now that I have begun scrapbooks for myself, and my sons and my grandson.

My husband gets annoyed when I hand him the camera, so that I can be in the picture. I also always tell him to take 2.

• World Traveler

I would say I am the better photographer. Adam is pretty good, but I'm better. Most of the pictures I've posted here are taken by me.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

My fiancee is a waaaay better photographer than I am. My shots always seem to come out blurry or flawed in some way. He has to take pictures as a part of his job, so he's the best.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Definitely me. Photography has been a hobby of mine for almost 20 years.

• For You!

That would be me, because my husband hates taking pictures. Consequently, I'm in very few pictures.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Winter in Oceanside...

DH rarely takes any pictures so I do the better job (and I am legally blind in one eye too, pratt55. But I have been since birth so it is not a handicap.)

• no flash photography...

We both do well with photography. I enjoy it more and do it more often and he loves to critique my pictures. However, I am far better at him with photoshop. He may out do me in an actual dark room though. i only worked in one for a year and he had one in the house he grew up on..

• Disappearing/Reappearing

it looks like my kids don't have a mom since I am not in any pictures.

I'm with you there. I always take the pictures...after 3 days of our 9 day Disney vacation, my husband was looking through the pictures on the camera...and said.."that's it. I'm taking the pictures from now on...there's none of you." I said; fine. Then, the next day, we head to Epcot, and he takes one of me and our daughter in front of the China entrance... you can barely tell who either one of us are. He took it from SOOO far away...and didn't even use the zoom... he could have taken a picture of two complete strangers....we'd probably never be able to tell the difference.

Now, he is better at video.....I suck at that..get distracted too easily. At our daughter's first dance recital, she goes solo across the stage...and I got the first two seconds...then, you hear.."oh..she's so cute!!!! aw!!!" and see ceiling.

• Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Nancywitt View Post
    I try to frame them with space all around the subject while my husband tries to get closer ones. The trouble is, he usually knocks our feet out or only gives a tiny bit of space over our heads.
    I'm having trouble figuring out why you think he's the lesser photographer....

Getting in close to the subject tends to be preferable over having plenty of space around a subject. However, I guess it could be too close to the subject.

Also, knocking feet out isn't necessarily a bad thing -- unless you have to know what shoes you're wearing.

Maybe if you can post some examples of him vs. you?
    -Tim

• Winter in Oceanside...

I agree FB. Close ups are much better that teeny tiny shots of your family just so you can get the whole Matterhorn in. Do the Matterhorn on a different shot.

• Shablagoo!

That's easy. I'm the only one in my family, so me.

However, if you include my parents, that would easily be my mother. My dad never takes pictures.

For us, I don't think it's an issue of who's better. We each have our own eye for things, but neither of us looks at the others pictures and thinks, "well I would have done that differently." Together we make a pretty complete picture.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast