Chicago, Detroit, New York, and Boston!

In about 2 weeks I will be on my way to my summer adventure. It started out as a road trip plan but got shortened. My friend Ada and I were going to go on a baseball road trip trying to hit up as many baseball games as we could but we didn't have the time or money to be able to go all the places that we wanted so we focused in on 4 cities with historic fields. On June 26 we will leave OC and fly to Chicago, that night we are seeing a baseball game at Wrigley Field. The next night we're gonna go see Wicked!! WOOHOO!! We fly out to Detroit the next morning. In Detroit we plan to see the Tigers play, I forget what night, and run around with my friend and my cousin that live out there. We fly to NYC on July 1. We have a game planned, again I forget what night. July 4 we will be in Boston for the day to see a game at Fenway Park but will fly back to NYC that night. We spend one more day in NYC and then fly back to Cali!

It's going to be a whirlwind trip and if you all have any suggestions for places to visit, eat, shop, etc, I'd really appreciate it!!

Thanks!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • MC Director of Sales and Marketing

Blog Entries

Re: Chicago, Detroit, New York, and Boston!

I'm jealous! What fun!!

I was in Boston earlier this season and saw a game at Fenway. Be sure to go early and spend some time on Yawkey Way.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse princess View Post
    Of course I am worried about your mental health. I want happiness for all. Like we can all be like the Smurfs. But without Gargomel. He was mean.

• In Blackberry Rehab

Awesome! Good luck to you! There's nothing better than baseball in summer, especially when you get to experience those ballparks!

I start mine in August, with 13 games in 16 days...all driving!

honk if you see me at disneyland!

• For old time sake

Chicago:
    Navy Pier
    Sears Tower
    Miracle mile

New York
    Statue of Liberty (get there early)
    Empire State Bldg
    Times Sq
    World of Disney Store
    Chinatown
    Go to Lindy's near Times square. BEST CHEESECAKE EVER
    Central Park
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Bear View Post
    Awesome! Good luck to you! There's nothing better than baseball in summer, especially when you get to experience those ballparks!

I start mine in August, with 13 games in 16 days...all driving!
    Wow!! 13 games in 16 days!! Where are you going?!?

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

You'll love Comerica Park in Detroit. They have a baseball ferris wheel (the cars are shaped like baseballs) and a carousel that has tigers instead of horses. The food is pretty good too. Across the street is Ford Field (where the Lions play). The Fox Theatre and the Hockeytown restaurant are there too.

I'm so pathetic.... I grew up in Michigan but the only thing we ever did in Detroit was go to Tiger games!

I actually went to Detroit last summer too and Comerica Park is nice....the part that freaked me out was all the homeless people hanging around the stadium!

Not sure how much time you will actually have in Boston, since you only said you'd be here for the day. But 4th of July is a pretty big holiday here the the Boston Pops are playing at the Hatch Shell on the Charles River Esplanade along with other free concerts throughout the day ending with a fantastic fireworks display. Also if you a history buff, from the balcony of the old MA statehouse, where the Declaration of Independence was first read, they reinact that on the 4th. Or you may enjoy the Duck Tour or a walking tour of the city which hits many of highlights of the city. Yawkey Way is fun if your taking in a game at Fenway as someone mentioned already.

Again not knowing how much time you will be in Boston if you need restaurant suggestions let me know.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by duckiedianne View Post
    I actually went to Detroit last summer too and Comerica Park is nice....the part that freaked me out was all the homeless people hanging around the stadium!
    I've only been to Comerica Park once (6 years ago). I grew up going to Tiger Stadium. Lots of homeless people were around there too. They're trying to clean up Detroit but they still got a long way to go.

• In Blackberry Rehab

Here's my trip in August!

Aug 10- Leave Newport Beach

Aug 11- Open road, stop in Amarillo, TX

Aug 12- Arrive in St. Louis, MO. Catch the Cards play the Dodgers.

Aug 13- Arrive in Dyersville, IA to visit the Field of Dreams. We should roll into Chicago, IL later that night.

Aug 14- Catch the Cubbies play the Reds.

Aug 15- Arrive in Cleveland, OH. Tribe plays the AL Champs at the Jake.

Aug 16- Arrive in Pittsburgh, PA. The Pirates play the Mets tonight, and afterwards STYX (yes, STYX) performs accompanied by fireworks.

Aug 17- Arrive in Scranton, PA and find Poor Richards (The Office fans, eat your hearts out). Scranton Yankees game afterwards..

Aug 18- Arrive in NYC, watch the Yanks and Tigers play during the day.

Aug 19- Finally get to Boston, MA and watch our beloved Angels take on the Red Sox. Leave for Cooperstown, NY after the day game.

Aug 20- Visit Hall of Fame in Cooperstown.

Aug 21- Arrive in Philadelphia, PA to watch the Phillies and Dodgers (again).

Aug 22- Arrive in Baltimore, MD to watch the Orioles take on the Rangers.

Aug 23- Arrive in Cincinnati, OH for the Reds-Braves match up.

Aug 24- Arrive in Louisville, KY to get some bats at the Louisville Slugger factory. Royals game later that night..

Aug 25- Road.

Aug 26- Arrive in Phoenix, AZ to end with the D'backs-Cubs game.

Aug 27- Finally home.

There's another minor league game thrown in there, I just don't remember when.

honk if you see me at disneyland!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

You guys are living my dreams. What fun! Have great trips. I hope to make a trip like that one day...

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Papa Beer that sounds amazing!!!

• Sock Puppet

i am totally jealous. i would love to go back to new york again. You definitely have to go to Empire State Building, Ground Zero, Wall Street, Rockefellar Center. Enjoy your trip

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfan4 View Post
    i am totally jealous. i would love to go back to new york again. You definitely have to go to Empire State Building, Ground Zero, Wall Street, Rockefellar Center. Enjoy your trip
    We'll definitely try to hit up all those places if we can. Ground Zero is a must see for me especially since 9-11 is my birthday!

• Do You know?

New York:
    Central Park - Just walk around and get lost. At the baseball fields (at about 61st, I think) on Thursdays you can see the crew and the cast members of most broadway shows play against other shows.

Best Deli- Katz's deli- this is where the scene from When Harry Meet Sally takes place where she shows him "something" WARNING: when you walk in they hand you a ticket, even small children get one. If you loose this ticket it is a $50 charge and that does not include the price of the meal, which is costly.

World of Disney- go to the 2nd floor and make a Mr. Potato head.

Top of the Rock- Instead of the Empire State Building (which can be a HUGE wait) this is a little cheaper and it just went through a renovation. When you are going in the elevator to the top you see the elevator shaft and they make it like a ride.

WTC site- just because everyone should see what happened. It is a big construction project right now. There is a museum (which is a donation of $10) that shows alot of details that I had never heard. It was very moving.