Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Computer

• Still lost in Neverland

No Computer

Just to let everyone know why I am not around since Memorial Day, is that my computer blew out that day for some reason. The guys who built it for me have been working on it since then and can't figure out why it won't boot up anymore. They have replaced the mother board, the processor and several other things. Power is getting in but it just won't do anything. It's very frustrating as I have the comic book store invoices and shipping lists coming to me now, and I have to run the store this week, and no computer to print anything out on. So here I am sneaking into my old worl place and using my old computer before the employees come in to print stuff and though I would check out Mice Chat and let you know what's happening.

I did go to the Train Event last Saturday, but of course I can't do a trip report (and I took lots of pictures and was the only one from Mice Chat that went. If I get my comuter back anytime soon, I will put something in. It was a great show and the next one will be in February and will cover "The Golden Horsehoe Review". I am looking forward to that one. The Train event was amazing and I learned so much from all the speakers and videos. Great Time.

I am also frustrated because I can't follow the events for the new Sub ride either. Oh well, when I get back I will have lots of reading to catch up on. Hope everyone is well and hope to see you soon.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Hola!

Re: No Computer

Hmm similiar to what happened to me. It turns on, but it won't boot up. Just a black screen. It was because our graphics card got fried. My want to tell them to check that.

• Senior Minion

Sorry to hear that Lost Boy, hope you can get things back to normal soon.
    Would love to hear about the Train event with all the interesting speakers that were there. Here's to better luck for you.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Hope you can get your PC fixed. Sounds like it mgiht be at the end of its life though. My old computer lasted about 5 years before it went kaput. Then my guy bought me a new one (we agreed to go halfies on it but then he insisted on paying for the whole thing).

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Its amazing how dependant we get on these machines. I know a while back when mine was acting up I was actually having panic attacks over it. (Which my hubby thought was totally insane). So I completely understand your frustration! I hope they get it figured out and fixed soon, or that you are able to replace it if it comes to that!!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Hola!

Well computer's are the future. Our lives are run by them. A lot of things we interact with have computers in them.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rtoups View Post
    Well computer's are the future. Our lives are run by them. A lot of things we interact with have computers in them.
    It's almost impossible to think of any part of our lives that isn't affected by computers in one way or another now.

LostBoy, hope you have success with yours soon. It's never the same without you around here.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Comin' at ya!

Life without a computer...Just isn't living
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

• Senior Minion

Here's to having your computer up and running soon!

I am at Life Alert today so I can at least look at Mice Chat and read my e-mail and stuff. But still nothing on mine yet. This is almost a brand new custom built computer. Less that 3 years old. I will ask if they have checked the graphics card, which is even newer, less than 6 months old. I am just so frustrated that I have no idea what's going on at Disneyland. I tried to read all the posts on the sub but just don't have the time as now the regular employees are coming in and I have to get off this computer. Hopefully I will be back on line soon and at Disneyland soon as well.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

I feel for you Lost Boy. Please tell the techies working on your computer that we need you back and to get your computer working.

P.S. Did you ever get the diabetic crocs?

They are supposedly working on it today, but I haven't seen or heard anything yet. It's really getting silly now. 3 weeks and nothing has been accomplished. But I don't have to pay for it so I can't complain too much.

Yes I did, but they are too big. Without the computer to log into my account and get a return slip I can't do much. Hopefully, since I only wore them once and that was inside, I can return them for the next smaller size and hopefully in black as the brown ones look more green to me. It's hard to make any judgement now though. They do feel strange and I am not sure about the "Diabetic" claim. There is not enough arch support for me like I get with the Dr. Scholes Diabetic inserts that I have in my regular shoes, along with double thickness soft cushion pads. But I will exchange them as soon as I can and then give an honest workout. Right now they slip off the heel as the shoe is about an inch or so (even with two pairs of double thickness socks) and that is just too big to be of any use.

Thank You Poisonedapples

4 weeks now and no results. They have replaced just about everything and it still won't boot. Another friend who is a Tech Support person for a huge company wants me to bring it home today regardless and he will come by and see what he can do. It's down now to either something in the power supply or the RAM memory and they don't have the same type of DDR1 memory that is in my system. Things look bleak right now. I am so frustrated. But I will be at the Park of Sunday thanks to the good Radio Berry who is picking me up at home early Sunday so we can get to the Park early and try to ride the Subs before the noon meet.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Well it's now been well over a month. 3 tech support people at Life Alert and a tech support friend have looked at it and no one can figure out why it isn't working. A new Mother Board was installed and it won't even beep or send any kind of image to the Monitor. It just sits and does nothing. The green light on the Mother Board is on, but it doesn't do a thing. I don't know what to do now. One of the L/A techs, who is the one who built it, says he has an extra comptuer at home he will let me use for now. He was supposed to bring it by yesterday (Monday) but that never happened and I am here this morning and was planning on asking him, but now I have been informed that he won't be in till 9pm tonight to oversee the Air Conditioning people so they don't screw things up like they did last year. Sigh. You have no idea how frustrating and depressing this is. At least I can come in here a couple of days each week and read and answer e-mail, but I have to get up at 6am in order to get at least two hours on the computer before the real work crew gets in. Without the computer at home along with Mice Chat, RCT3 and Nero, my creativity is nil.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Senior Minion

Sorry to read you are still having to deal with this whole computer issue. It does feel odd to be disconnected, but hopefully you'll get a computer soon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast