Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting Older?

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Getting Older?

Well, today almost didn't start. As we loaded the car to go to Disneyland, I ran back inside to get something and set my keys on the counter.

I ran back outside and slammed the door - and guess what?! I locked the keys in the house. What's more - wife didn't bring her keys....great. We're locked out.

I get on my cell and call a Locksmith - no answer......so then I decide to walk around our condo complex and see if I can climb the wall and get into our backyard. My wife says "David, you can't do that..."

Well, I go around the back........and surprisingly climbed up the little more than 6 foot fence that surrounds my patio and landed in my patio/yard area. Then I quickly jimmied the sliding glass door and I was in (and it gives me little faith in my sliding glass door now - sheesh).

So, I get the keys - and I relock the house and I'm off.

About 4 miles down the freeway, I start feeling sore........like I pulled something in my lower back.

Anyway - just wondered if any of you have tried any 'heroic fetes' and shortly thereafter got the physical reminder that 'you aren't as young as you used to be'?

• For You!

Re: Getting Older?

Having one today - I went jet skiing yesterday and now I can barely lift my arms up. My upper back and shoulders are just screaming!

Just perfect to go along with my tennis elbow and bruised heel!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Hehehehe you're old

I feel your pain my birthday is NEXT WEEK and I'm gonna be on the other side of 30. I can relate

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

And you know what? I'm going to be 36 soon.......and that's not that old, really........but then, it's also not 20.....

Ah, to be 20 again.........ho hum...............wait a second? No...no, I'll take 36 and a few sore muscles.....HA HA

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

I so would not be 20 again. For one, you can't drink legally
    For two, my 30's have been MUCH better than my 20's. I'm more sad to see them slipping away than I am worried about my age. Did I mention my birthday is Tuesday?

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Again! Again! Again!

Quote Originally Posted by dsnylndmom View Post
    Hehehehe you're old

I feel your pain my birthday is NEXT WEEK and I'm gonna be on the other side of 30. I can relate
    Is that supposed to be the other side of 35?
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy4 View Post
    Is that supposed to be the other side of 35?
    Yeah so I can be there with YOU :

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

You said its on Tuesday? Crap!

Someone remind me to buy dmom a bday present
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• Again! Again! Again!

Yeah so I can be there with YOU :
    With me is the best place to be! DER!!
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Ive come to the conclusion that age is a state of mind and my state is much younger than my mind

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• horsin' around!

psh! lightweights! haha ;-)i'm 44, power walk 3 miles every other day, jazzercise every other day....then collapse on the weekends! haha!but to add to the giggle of your original question...4 years ago..our county fair.....me & 3 kidlets & two teens...literally closed down the fair...NOOOO ONE was left.... we had no problem finding the car waaaaay out in the field....practically the last one there.....then it happened....that sickening feeling you get when you reach into your pocket just knowing your keys should be waiting there..only , they arn't.nope nope nope! keys went asta la bye bye!somewhere over the rainbow...or at lest by the cotton candy machine?soooooooooooooo we call AAA, road service...because i had a spare set in the car.WE HAD TO WAIT AN HOUR AND A HALF! & it was already at least 2 hours past God's bedtime!we FINALLY see the yellow flashing of the tow truck lights....we all start jumping up and down cheering.............only to see the bozzo drive right past us a few rows away!i was NOT about to see this guy leave us...i broke out in a full OJ Simpson bolt!I ran like the wind! ... well, as fast as my 200lb 5/3 frame would take me...personally...i didn't even KNOW i could still run....apparently neither did my kids....they fell into gales of hysterical laughter.i flagged down the sleepdriving serviceman got car unlocked sat into my nice heated leather seat & realised every single bone and muscle in my body was now protesting my endeavor!I stayed in bed the entire next day w/ icy hot & ibuprophen!thankfully..after TONS of hard work...i'm in MUCH better shape than i was in that night...& i just DARE a tow truck out run me now! haha!

• Again! Again! Again!

Ive come to the conclusion that age is a state of mind and my state is much younger than my mind

Nevermind.

And for the record, I have those "what just happened?" moments quite often.
    I bring the magic!!!

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Pixywingz you "out young" us all!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

Psh. Fourty and fabulous and I've got money and the ability to do whatever I want! I'll take that over 20 anyday.

• love my friends

when I wake up in the mornings my body is achy.. must be old age

Friends for life

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast