• Former Cast Member

Any Civil War Reenactors Out There???..........

here on Micechat? Would love some info from any fellow reenactors out there, regarding obtaining black powder, caps and cartridge tubes.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Re: Any Civil War Reenactors Out There???..........

I was about to ask this question in the History Lovers Club on MiceChat Gold .

I do not re-enact Civil War battles, but my uncle apparently does. When I talk to him next, I will ask him for information .

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

My daughter sometimes does reenacting. Because of her job and working Saturdays, she is not able to do it very often. She belongs to a civilian reenacting group called Oak Street. Here are two links to their sites:

http://www.historicalcitizens.org/

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HistoricalCitizens/

She mainly attends the events in Huntington Beach and Moorepark. I also go to these events but not as a reenactor, just a spectator. Which outfit are you associated with? She started out with the women of 1st Penn. Battery B a couple of years ago and then the ladies split off to form a civilian group called Winstontown. Now that has split and Oak Street has formed. I used to be part of the yahoo group for 1st Penn, but not anymore. I no longer have a contact for them but they were always talking about powder, guns, etc.

Were you aware of the event occurring at Fort McArthur in San Pedro in July? Here is a link

http://www.ftmac.org/OFMD2007.htm

Civil War will be represented there at 3 PM on Saturday and 2:45 PM on Sunday. Also other time frame reenactors will be there.

Here is one of my better photos taken during one of the battles in Huntington Beach in 2005.

• Former Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler View Post
    I was about to ask this question in the History Lovers Club on MiceChat Gold .

I do not re-enact Civil War battles, but my uncle apparently does. When I talk to him next, I will ask him for information .

Thanks I appreciate it. I used to buy my black powder at Hobby City in Buena Park, Ca, at a place called the Flintlock, but the shop is long gone and I have no idea of other alternative locations.

• Former Cast Member

Hey Wendygirl, Thanks for the photo. I am a member of the 6th Wisconsin, Co. B, part of the famous Iron Brigade. My last event that I participated in was the Fresno reenactment, which is the biggest event west of the Mississippi. There were several thousand participants. I will be at HB this year at Central Park and also several Fort Tejon events. The unit will be going back east to participate in the Antietam reenactment.

Things in my life prevented me to continue this hobby I have loved so much. But now, my wife wants me to get back into it and I am. I just contacted my first srgt. and he was ecstatic knowing I was coming back to join the ranks to fight those SECESSH!!! I just have to find a place to buy my powder, caps and cartridges and for somereason I cannot locate any sutlers on the internet in Cali. If you go to HB this year, make sure you root the 6th Wisconsin onto victory and rally round the flag!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wendygirl View Post
    My daughter sometimes does reenacting. Because of her job and working Saturdays, she is not able to do it very often. She belongs to a civilian reenacting group called Oak Street. Here are two links to their sites:

http://www.historicalcitizens.org/

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HistoricalCitizens/

She mainly attends the events in Huntington Beach and Moorepark. I also go to these events but not as a reenactor, just a spectator. Which outfit are you associated with? She started out with the women of 1st Penn. Battery B a couple of years ago and then the ladies split off to form a civilian group called Winstontown. Now that has split and Oak Street has formed. I used to be part of the yahoo group for 1st Penn, but not anymore. I no longer have a contact for them but they were always talking about powder, guns, etc.

Were you aware of the event occurring at Fort McArthur in San Pedro in July? Here is a link

http://www.ftmac.org/OFMD2007.htm

Civil War will be represented there at 3 PM on Saturday and 2:45 PM on Sunday. Also other time frame reenactors will be there.

Here is one of my better photos taken during one of the battles in Huntington Beach in 2005.

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

I will most certainly look you and your outfit up when at HB this year. Does your wife want to get involved? Maybe she would like to join a group like Oak St.

I know some of the folks from Oak St and Winstontown where at the invitational at Ft. Tejon May19 and 20. Unfortunately one of the gals had a bad fall on Friday night and injured her ankle. And I believe a few went to Fresno. My daughter has only been able to attend Ft. Tejon once.

Good luck on your search for black powder. Hobby City used to be a great place to find out of the ordinary things. There are so many reenactors out here that it must be available locally. If I hear anything, I'll let you know.

• Former Cast Member

Thanks Wendygirl, I appreciate your help. I will ask my wife and see if she would be interested in participating.

•   
    • Astigmatic

Blog Entries

Anyone a member of SASS?
    Quote Originally Posted by All4dISNEY
    Words hurt.

• Plotting world domination

You were asking if there were any SASS members out there, Well I am one. just under a "different handle" I am known as "Man From Boot Hill" #71246 and the nearest SASS affilated club to me is the Richmond Roughriders in Richmond, Ca. (norcal) My brother in law was a CW reenactor(till his weight & scouting took over) as to supplies, there will be a CW meet at Ardenwood farm in Hayward, Ca. in August for any folks up this way to go to. Good place to find suppliers of stuff. I portray a U.S Deputy Marshall circa 1868-1890. At least that's what I am working toward. Still working on the back story.

Happy Trails to you !