Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Hello there

Blog Entries

Re: Is your bark worse then your bite?

My bark is worse that my bite, but if provoked, I do bite- and hard. I will go for the jugular. I will use things that I know will hurt in defense.
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

As a parent, I have to make sure my bite equals my bark. You set down a rule and you have to follow through or respect is lost. It's tough for me to see other parents give their kids 15 warnings and then wonder why they can't control their children.

Make a rule, stick to your guns and both sides have to live with the consequenses. I'd rather be remoseful on what I did rather than the problems created by what I should have done.

Chad

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

I really don't have a bark in the first place. I tend to be pretty patient with most people, but mess with somebody I care for and I pretty much pass right by the bark and go straight for the bite. Unfortunately, it has been manifesting itself in an urge to cause bodily harm to people that are stupid enough to mess with SS.

A couple of months ago, I was following SS home from Costa Mesa and some goose bag, started tail gating, flashing their light and honking at her. She calmly flipped him off and got in front of the car next to her to let the guy pass. The next thing you know, she saw me fly pass her so I can get at the guy. I have NEVER wanted to hurt somebody more than at that moment.

Luckily for the both of us, he was smart enough not to pull over when he saw me next to him, screaming every cuss word I knew and using every obscene gesture I had. Then when we finally reach a stop light, there was a pair of police cruisers across the street from us. Again, we both lucked out on that one.

Hopefully, if nothing else, he will learn to be a more considerate driver in the future.
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

• Circle of Ancients

As I am getting older and wiser, I seem to handle things more diplomatically. I'm more of a peacemaker. I have yelled and screamed at times but that's because of venting out problems. I don't like to see myself that way.

And if anyone messes with my family you better believe I will bark and bite.

• Banned User

Since entering my 40's (6 years ago), I find that I am WAY more bold than I used to be. I used to just take everything lying down, but, now, I speak up and my bark is about as bad as my bite! ha!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HiddenMickey View Post
    Well, I say it like it is, no sugar coating for me.
    Same here. I never used to say what I thought, and now I do a lot more. If you can't handle, it tough. Of course, this does lead me to say some things I regret. And I too have the quick to anger, quik to cool down and forget it. Its' something I am working on. Driving in L.A. doesn't help that (though I don't have the road rage of that one guy!)
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Gay Man

I'm a pretty well-trained dog.

Not me. Just the opposite. When I'm really ticked I tend to get quiet. And then I quietly go to work like a relentless person on a mission from God, making sure whatever or whoever got me ticked in the first place...gets taken care of. Big time.

I was once told that one of my co-workers...witnessing this trait of mine once again...after I left the room told the person I got quiet with, "Oh...your goose is soooooo cooked!"

Oh yeah. My bite is much worse than my bark.

However I will say this one thing: It takes one heck of a lot to tick me off! And because of that...if something or someone ticks me off...I take comfort in the fact that they truly deserve everything coming their way.

• no flash photography...

I think it depends on how angry I am and who I'm angry at. For some reason my immediate family really knows how to push my buttons and they are all emotional people. The argue on emotion and not logic. It is so frustrating.

For non related people, it takes a lot ot get me angry, if I get angry at all. I've come to realize I can control my anger and nobody can make me angry unless I allow them to. So, i suppose I allow myself to get angry at my family, but they are really frustrating sometimes...

My BF and I have never had a yelling fight. We discuss things rationally. My family are yellers and screamers. I really have a hard time dealing with that.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • PEZZ in the Fez

Woof Woof!
    How much do we have to pay to get MiceChat Old?

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

My bark and my bite are usually unrelated. In my profession, it is sometimes best to apply the principals of Sun Tzu's Art of War. Appear strong when you are weak, and appear weak when you are strong. If I bark a lot, I'm probably not going to bite. If I'm going to bite, I will start by biting my tongue, so my bark doesn't give you any advance warning.
    Fight On! Beat the Huskers!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
    The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

• For old time sake

My bark tends to be worse, but I have peacemaker tendencies. Seriously though, it depends on the situation. If it warrants my bite to emerge.....oh boy will it ever. i am the type that needs to vent and blow off steam then I calm down and think logically.
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12