• Winter in Oceanside...

Accupuncture and hypnosis

Has anyone ever used these services for any reason? How did they work for you? Was accupuncture painful? How did you feel during the hypnosis?

• My cuties!

Re: Accupuncture and hypnosis

I've done hypnosis before and it was pretty cool. You feel very relaxed and peaceful. Helped me deal with letting go of relationship baggage.

I have a friend who did accupuncture when she was trying to get pregnant. She is now the proud mom of 5 year old triplets.

• Winter in Oceanside...

Thanks for the input, Twinmom!

Anyone else?

• Directly directed

Accupunture to deal with my asthma and allergies. It did jack squat.

• Winter in Oceanside...

Quote Originally Posted by Alice's Wonderland View Post
    It did jack squat.
    Good to know.

• Minion

Years ago, when I hurt my neck, I had acupuncture. I am a total needle phobe and it didn't hurt at all. I immediatly felt better. By the end of the day the pain was completly gone.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by twinmom View Post

I have a friend who did accupuncture when she was trying to get pregnant. She is now the proud mom of 5 year old triplets.
    Remind me to NEVER get accupuncture! haha! J/K...I am happy for your friend, but, triplets....what a handful!!!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

My mom has had acupuncture for nerve pain in her ribs. She said it works pretty well. Better than the cortisone shots she was getting actually.

• Closed Account

Thumbs up Re: Accupuncture and hypnosis

Several people I know who have had Bell's Palsy say that accupuncture worked a miracle for them, but my mom who just recently got BP only received marginal results and with some discomfort. In the past, my mom used accupuncture for neck and back injuries - it helped and she felt no pain. I believe the quality of the procedure has to do with the practitioner. As a person who doesn't care for needles herself, I will probably never get accupuncture unless I am out of other options. Also, I read inthe disclosure statement of the local mobile blood donation organization that if you have had accupuncture in the past (there was no time frame given) then they cannot take your blood... not sure what that has to do with it, though. Although if that is not a genuine concern, accupuncture is safe enough to be experimented with to see if it will provide decent results for you. Good luck!

• "Always On The Move..."

I am a complete and total needlephobe, and a 100% convert to accupuncture. I have an incredible doctor, who has been able to take a lump in my forearm (which sits on a nerve) and completly elemenate it through accupuncture. Before, I was sent to a surgeon, who said that nothing could be done, "It will hurt the rest of your life, just learn to deal with the pain and the fact that your always going to have problems with it."

I'm not going to say the proceedure is completely 100% painfree. ..as it is explained when the needle "grabs" the chi..you do feel it, but a brief adjustment/manipulation and then there is no pain. However, 99% of the time, you really do no feel any pain or even know when the needle is inserted. I also utilize it to help with my ADHD.

I highly recommend it. However, like anything involving medicine, I would advise to thoroughly check out your practictioner. Who they studied under, where they studied, etc. Mine was trained in China, and is very open about what and when to utilize accupuncture.

Hope this helps and good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

•   

I've been thinking about this for my arthritis but I don't know of any good ones out my way. I'm sure there are plenty but I don't know of anyone that can give me an honest opinion.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

I did the hypnosis thing about 15 years ago to quit smoking. My mom and I did it together and neither one of us smokes to this day. However, with that being said, I'm not convinced the hypnosis was the factor that made us become non-smokers. I believe that the fact that my step father had just died of lung cancer (yes from smoking) and that it was more of a contest between my mom and I to quit was more of the reason that we quit. I think going to the hypnosis place was more of the time and place we choose to quit.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.