Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

• Senior Minion

Re: Chris Benoit and family found dead

I know!!! Of all people how could i have left out ol Vincent Kennedy McMahon!!!
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

• Original Mice-Chatter

NEWS! Unsure of the impact of this-

Web Time Stamps Indicate Nancy Benoit's Death Reported on Web at Least 13 Hours Before Police Found Bodies in Her Home

An anonymous user operating a computer traced to Stamford, Conn. — home to World Wrestling Entertainment — posted an entry to pro wrestler Chris Benoit's biography on Wikipedia.org announcing the death of his wife Nancy at least 13 hours before police in suburban Atlanta said they found her body along with her husband's and that of their 7-year-old son, FOXNews.com has learned.
    Employees at Wikipedia.org said the posting went live on their site on Monday at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Standard Time. Police, however, said they found the bodies Monday at 2:30 p.m. EDT.

The posting reads: “Chris Benoit was replaced by [[Johnny Nitro]] for the ECW Championship match at Vengeance, as Benoit was not there due to personal issues, stemming from the death of his wife Nancy.” According to a Wikipedia.org report published after FOXNews.com made inquiries, the edit was reversed just under one hour later with the comment:
    "Need a reliable source. Saying that his wife died is a pretty big statement, you need to back it up with something."

...snip...

Bass said when there is a high-profile case, such as the Benoit killlings, Wikipedia.org limits postings to registered users, which is now indicated at the top of the Benoit entry. According to the listed history on the Benoit entry, the computer used to post the 12:01 a.m. entry had a Stamford, Conn., Internet Protocol — or IP — address, a numeric designation that is assigned to every computer with an Internet connection, and that same address has been used to post about a dozen other messages on the site, dating back to May 16, 2007.
    In related news, FOXNews.com also has learned, through widely posted Web reports, that former pro wrestler Sherri Martel, who was found dead on June 15, was linked to former wrestler Kevin Sullivan — ex-husband of Nancy Benoit.

Check link for more.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Whoa, the plot thickens...

• Senior Minion

Each day more and more drama

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Here is more information relating to Benoit's Wikipedia page.

(Click link for the whole story)
    http://www.blueridgenow.com/article/...ge_Was_Altered

WWE attorney Jerry McDevitt said that to his knowledge, no one at the WWE knew Nancy Benoit was dead before her body was found Monday afternoon. Text messages released by officials show that messages from Chris Benoit's cell phone were being sent to co-workers a few hours after the Wikipedia posting.

WWE employees are given WWE e-mail addresses, McDevitt said, though he did not know whether Chris Benoit had one.

"I have no idea who posted this," McDevitt said. "It's at least possible Chris may have sent some other text message to someone that we're unaware of. We don't know if he did. The phone is in the possession of authorities."

On Thursday afternoon, the Wikipedia page about Benoit carried a note stating that editing by unregistered or newly registered users was disabled until July 8 because of vandalism.

In other developments Thursday, Ballard told the AP that 10 empty beer cans were found in a trash can in the Benoit home. An empty wine bottle was found a few feet from where Benoit hanged himself, Ballard said.

It could take several weeks for toxicology tests to be completed on Benoit to see what substances, if any, were in his system.

Benoit took four months off from work in 2006 for undisclosed personal reasons, McDevitt said.

"He was feeling depressed, that kind of thing," McDevitt said.

In the days before the killings, Benoit and his wife argued over whether he should stay home more to take care of their mentally retarded 7-year-old son, according to an attorney for the WWE wrestling league.

The child had a rare medical condition called Fragile X Syndrome, an inherited form of mental retardation often accompanied by autism.

Chris Benoit's father, Michael Benoit, declined to comment on the slayings when reached Thursday by telephone in Alberta, Canada. Funeral arrangements were incomplete.
    So, it seems now that alcohol can be another contributing factor in this case.

• That Guy

"He was feeling depressed, that kind of thing," McDevitt said.

I wonder what kind of counseling, or therapy they offered him? Probably nothing. Strong work.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Nephythys View Post
    The weird time stamped death reference was placed on Wikipedia. In a Fox news interview, the founder of that site said that they were able to track it's origin to Benoit's home town. They are clueless as to who it is, though. Could have ben a friend or associate that Benoit had text messaged prior to his suicide.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

The person who posted the information on Wikipedia fessed up. That individual has no connection with the WWE company.

(Click link to read whole story)
    http://www.wral.com/news/national_wo...story/1545153/

An anonymous user with the same IP address as the person who made the edits confessed early Friday on an online discussion page attached to the Web site, saying the changes were based on rumors and speculation, not hard evidence.

"I just can't believe what I wrote was actually the case, I've remained stunned and saddened over it," the user wrote.

Wikipedia confirmed the authenticity of the time stamp and said entry was made by someone using an IP address registered in Stamford, Connecticut, where World Wrestling Entertainment is based. The anonymous user acknowledged being from Stamford, but claimed no connection to WWE.
    Wrestling Columnist, Dave Meltzer was being interviewed on the news last night and he mentioned that in a chat room, a chatter said that Dave announced Nancy's death. Mr. Meltzer said that was not true, he did not know about Nancy's death until it was announced Monday afternoon. Dave believes that someone from that chat room then believed the Rumor to be true because someone posted that "Meltzer said it". After hearing that, someone took the rumor as true and posted it on Wikipedia.

Atleast, that is how Dave believes things went down when he talked about it on the news last night.

• Senior Minion

This entire story is just strange. How can you put on a site that millions of people are going to see stating the death of someone when they don't even know for sure all the facts or any sources?

It does seem that as days go by more and more information wheather it's true or not is coming out.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

He might have been a passionate wrestling fans like some of us here Gracie. He probably believed this rumor to be true and wanted the information to be made public. I don't think this person really expected all the commotion his wikipedia update has received though. I think this person felt the information he had was real news, and not a rumor at the time, and he probably felt the need to post it so all the other wrestling fans could know. That's what I think happened.

• Banned User

The following is from Wikipedia.com:
    The anonymous individual responsible for suggesting, 14 hours before police discovered the body, that [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]WWE[/COLOR][/COLOR] wrestler Chris Benoit's wife was dead is confessing, saying his/her comment was a "terrible coincidence."
    The anonymous editor left a lengthy apology to the Wikimedia community, explaining, "I hope this puts an end to this speculation that someone knew about the tragedy before it was discovered."
    Below is the full, unedited apology:
    "... Hey everyone. I am here to [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]talk[/COLOR][/COLOR] about the wikipedia comment that was left by myself. I just want to say that it was an incredible coincidence. Last weekend, I had heard about Chris Benoit no showing Vengeance because of a [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]family[/COLOR][/COLOR] emergency, and I had heard rumors about why that was. I was reading rumors and speculation about this matter online, and one of them included that his wife may have passed away, and I did the wrong thing by posting it on wikipedia to spite there being no evidence. I posted my speculation on the situation at the time and I am deeply sorry about this, and I was just as shocked as everyone when I heard that this actually would happen in real life. It is one of those things that just turned into a huge coincidence. That night I found out that what I posted, ended up actually happening, a 1 in 10,000 chance of happening, or so I thought. I was beyond wrong for posting wrongful information, and I am sorry to everyone for this. I just want everyone to know it was stupid of me, and I will never do anything like this again. I just posted something that was at that time a piece of wrong unsourced information that is typical on wikipedia, as it is done all the time.
    Nonetheless, I feel incredibly bad for all the attention this got because of the fact that what I said turned out to be the truth. Like I said it was just a major coincidence, and I will never vandalize anything on wikipedia or post wrongful information. I've learned from this experience. I just can't believe what I wrote was actually the case, I've remained stunned and saddened over it.
    I wish not to reveal my identity so I can keep me and my family out of this since they have nothing to do with anything. I am not connected to WWE or Benoit at all in anyway. I am from [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]Stamford[/COLOR][/COLOR] as the IP address shows, and I am just an everyday individual who posted a wrongful remark at the time that received so much attention because it turned out to actually happen. I will say again I didn't know anything about the Benoit tragedy, it was a terrible coincidence that I never saw coming.
    I hope this puts an end to this speculation that someone knew about the tragedy before it was discovered. It was just a rumor that I had heard about from other [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]people [COLOR=blue ! important]online[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] who were speculating what the family emergency Chris was attending to. I made a big mistake by posting this comment on his page, since all we had were what we thought was going on and nothing about what actually was going on yet, and sadly what happened turned out to be my speculation at the time. I assumed [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]wiki[/COLOR][/COLOR] would edit out my information, which they did, so thats why I didn't go back to edit it out myself.
    I know I keep repeating it but I feel terrible about the mainstream coverage this has received, since it was only a huge coincidence and a terrible event that should of never happened. I am not sure how to react, as hearing about my message becoming a huge part of the Benoit slayings made me feel terrible as everyone believes that it is connected to the tragedy, but it was just an awful coincidence. That is all I have to say, I will never post anything here again unless it is pure fact, [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]no [COLOR=blue ! important]spam[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] nothing like that. Thank you, and let this end this chapter of the Benoit story, and hopefully one day we will find out why this tragedy ever actually happened."

• Original Mice-Chatter

ok, all the color blue stuff makes that almost unreadable.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I do agree Nephy.

• Senior Minion

yeah but even before like the rumors, i'll admitt i havent watch the WWE like i used to but i usaually stay on top of whats happening and i never heard this.

Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    Vince McMahon, at his age, can not look that way without some sort of supplementation. If you, as the head of a company want your "stable" to believe in the power of steroids, you have to start with yourself to convince. If I were a young, money hungry wrestler who saw what 'roids did to McMahon, I would be onboard.
    That is not an advisable way to be: What happened to people who have moral principles and stand up for what they know to be right? The problem with Benoit et. al. is that they lose touch with common sense in pursuit of some poorly conceived benefit to be had by taking steroids. So, if McMahon encourages people in his employ to partake in this for the benefit of a cheesy entertainment venue, shouldn't it occur to some people that there is a big problem with letting this go on?

In fact, a lot of our society is that way: That's why we have people who find drinking alcohol or taking drugs to acceptable as a recreational activity. Peer pressure. That's what it all amounts to. My admiration goes to people who have the sense to recognize a bad thing when it's being pushed on you, and stick to a committment to avoid such crap.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast