Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: Chris Benoit and family found dead

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicalover View Post
    As details are being released it sounds like Chris killed Nancy and Daniel then himself or atleast that is what Yahoo news has. I hope it's not true but I doesn't look good right now. So tragic.

I hope not as well. I;m tuning in to WWE Raw right now.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

It was a fantastic episode tonight. First class all the way. The matches they showed were great, and the interviews were heartbreaking, especially people like CM Punk, Edge, Chavo, and
    Spoiler
    Dean Malenko

I'm hoping and praying and wishing that the police have this wrong. This is all so weird and just doesn't make a single bit of sense. Chavo says the last time Benoit talked to him, Benoit told Chavo that he loved him...which, knowing Benoit, doesn't bode well.

Benoit misses a Saturday house show and Vengeance due to a "family emergency" or similarly worded circumstances. Then, when WWE tries to check on him today, he is dead and his family is found dead too.

I just don't understand what happened. I'm hoping that people are mis-interpreting double-murder/suicide (although I know they aren't) and that Chris came home, found his wife and child murdered and just couldn't cope. I mean, for the love of jebus, the same man that was standing proudly in the ring at Wrestlemania XX with Eddie and basking in the glory, the same man that played with Daniel in the ring at Wrestlemania, that same man COULDN'T have possibly done something so heinous and vile.

Sure, specific motives and circumstances are all up in the air, but this is just sick. Two children are now without a mother, a father, and a sibling, but the thought that the mother or the father robbed those two children of the other two is breaking my heart.

• Minion

This is truly sad news. The man was an icon and an asset to the industry, one that many young up and coming could look forward to. He will be missed.

At least now he may be reunited with his late friend Eddie.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Twist_of_Fate View Post
    It was a fantastic episode tonight. First class all the way. The matches they showed were great, and the interviews were heartbreaking, especially people like CM Punk, Edge, Chavo, and
    Spoiler
    Dean Malenko

I'm hoping and praying and wishing that the police have this wrong. This is all so weird and just doesn't make a single bit of sense. Chavo says the last time Benoit talked to him, Benoit told Chavo that he loved him...which, knowing Benoit, doesn't bode well.

Benoit misses a Saturday house show and Vengeance due to a "family emergency" or similarly worded circumstances. Then, when WWE tries to check on him today, he is dead and his family is found dead too.

I just don't understand what happened. I'm hoping that people are mis-interpreting double-murder/suicide (although I know they aren't) and that Chris came home, found his wife and child murdered and just couldn't cope. I mean, for the love of jebus, the same man that was standing proudly in the ring at Wrestlemania XX with Eddie and basking in the glory, the same man that played with Daniel in the ring at Wrestlemania, that same man COULDN'T have possibly done something so heinous and vile.

Sure, specific motives and circumstances are all up in the air, but this is just sick. Two children are now without a mother, a father, and a sibling, but the thought that the mother or the father robbed those two children of the other two is breaking my heart.
    You live in a different time zone than me. i'm still watching it. I sure hope that Chris didn;t go biserk, too.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by silverphoenix View Post
    This is truly sad news. The man was an icon and an asset to the industry, one that many young up and coming could look forward to. He will be missed.

At least now he may be reunited with his late friend Eddie.
    So true, silverphoenix.

• Progressive Disneylander

I am a wrestling fan and at 8pm, I was feeling very bad for Chris Benoit. I watched all of Raw and enjoyed some of his great matches.

By around midnight, I no longer feel bad for him Any guy who takes the life of his own 7-year old kid doesn't deserve the tribute they put on for him.

Admittedly, the WWE was put in a tough spot tonight because it was the right thing to do with the info they had, but nothing about him should be celebrated now.

After seeing those pictures of him and his son, it makes me sick to think that he killed him.

I used to hold his match against Bret Hart while in WCW (Owen Hart tribute match in 1999) as one of the best I ever saw, but now it just seems stained.
    Last edited by KISSman; 06-25-2007 at 09:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    You live in a different time zone than me. i'm still watching it. I sure hope that Chris didn;t go biserk, too.
    I hope I didn't spoil too much/ruin it for you....I mean, it was so much easier to appreciate it and feel moved about it when you weren't being assaulted with article after article crying foul on Benoit as the murdered of his wife AND his precious child. I mean, watch the tribute video. Am I supposed to actually believe that Benoit, the man that broke down and cried that he and his fantastic buddy, Eddie, won the titles on the same night and proceeded to celebrate mid-ring with his wife and his son...THAT man killed his wife and his son? I mean...it may sound weird, but there HAS to be a misunderstanding or a terrible accident or...SOMETHING ELSE....

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Twist_of_Fate View Post
    I hope I didn't spoil too much/ruin it for you....I mean, it was so much easier to appreciate it and feel moved about it when you weren't being assaulted with article after article crying foul on Benoit as the murdered of his wife AND his precious child. I mean, watch the tribute video. Am I supposed to actually believe that Benoit, the man that broke down and cried that he and his fantastic buddy, Eddie, won the titles on the same night and proceeded to celebrate mid-ring with his wife and his son...THAT man killed his wife and his son? I mean...it may sound weird, but there HAS to be a misunderstanding or a terrible accident or...SOMETHING ELSE....

All that we can do is wait to find out - and hope that the allegations are proven wrong. This is tough in so many ways for the wrestling industry on the whole. If it turns out for the worst, I;ll be there for you.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by KISSman View Post
    I am a wrestling fan and at 8pm, I was feeling very bad for Chris Benoit. I watched all of Raw and enjoyed some of his great matches.

By around midnight, I no longer feel bad for him Any guy who takes the life of his own 7-year old kid doesn't deserve the tribute they put on for him.

Admittedly, the WWE was put in a tough spot tonight because it was the right thing to do with the info they had, but nothing about him should be celebrated now.

After seeing those pictures of him and his son, it makes me sick to think that he killed him.

I used to hold his match against Bret Hart while in WCW (Owen Hart tribute match in 1999) as one of the best I ever saw, but now it just seems stained.
    I'm sorry that you are let down, KISSman. I will be too if the allegations are proven true. This is all just one big surreal nightmare.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 06-25-2007 at 10:29 PM.

• Golden State of Mind

Not really much of a fan these days, but i heard about this McMahon limo storyline and wanted to see if anythign good was happening in the beginning of raw and was just silent as Vince talked about Chris. Truly a loss to everyone. . .

I hope it's not true.
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

• Banned User

I'm not a wrestling fan, but, what a tragic situation. Anytime you hear of the murder of an entire family, you have to just pray for those who are left behind. Terribly sad.

• Vehicle rotating backward

I had gotten to meet this guy and one of his children (not the one that died) in 2003 when I was attending a show as a guest of a friend who was working in that business.

I don't care for pro wrestling myself, I've seen a show or two (in this case, WrestleMania) thanks to connections and the atmosphere of a live show is certainly interesting, but wrestling isn't the kind of thing I could watch week after week. Staying in the same hotel as the performers is interesting, not so much for all the bodybuilder athletic types walking around but for the group of hardcores who found out where everyone was staying and was cheering anyone who came out the door. They had police keeping them away from the entrance a good distance. Swear to god.

Mr. Benoit seemed to me to be a fairly simple person. No rock star personality or ego present. This event in Seattle was a whole weekend affair that appeared to double as a vacation. If you would have told me that he was a top-level guy, or an important cog in the wrestling machine, I wouldn't have known it. In fact, you would have a difficult time guessing if he was one of the stars of the show or just part of the production crew from looking at him in normal wear. At one point he actually did walk past the crowd of hardcores and only one person noticed who he was, at which point this person began harassing him for attention or a signature even though he was on the phone and taking his son for a walk around town.

It's unfortunate to hear he died, very disturbing to hear that he would kill one of his children. That whole business is secretly (and often not so secretly) a drug bonanza and each person who gets caught up in the bad side of it can eventually become a fatality just waiting to happen. I can only imagine something caused him to snap.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Master Gracie View Post
    Not really much of a fan these days, but i heard about this McMahon limo storyline and wanted to see if anythign good was happening in the beginning of raw and was just silent as Vince talked about Chris. Truly a loss to everyone. . .

I hope it's not true.
    Yeah.. well.. i believe that the limo storyline will be blasted to hell now. It's the most tragic incident in entertainment history. If the allegations prove true - not even OJ murded his own kid.

Quote Originally Posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
    I'm not a wrestling fan, but, what a tragic situation. Anytime you hear of the murder of an entire family, you have to just pray for those who are left behind. Terribly sad.
    You are a good person, I Heart Disneyland.

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Yeah.. well.. i believe that the limo storyline will be blasted to hell now. It's the most tragic incident in entertainment history. If the allegations prove true - not even OJ murded his own kid.

You are a good person, I Heart Disneyland.
    I'll still cast my vote for the Munich Olympics as the most tragic incident in entertainment history, but from what I've read, this looks like one of the saddest. It also looks like (a) this dude was truly crazy; (b) he didn't really love his family and (c) "personal issues" causing him to miss the show on Sunday turns out to be the understatement of the year. My heart goes out to his kid, whose life will never be lived, and the grandparents who will suffer the pain of living through this event. I can't tell how innocent a victim the wife was, but I'm sure whatever she did, if anything, to trigger his response wasn't anything that remotely justifies murder. As for him, I can't bring myself to express any pity whatsoever.
    Fight On! Beat the Bulldogs!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Speaking of "drive-by" my cousin just became the new drummer for -Train-
    This device kills fascists.

Urgh...more and more stuff keeps coming out, and I just can't believe it. Police are now working under the theory that he killed Nancy on Saturday, Daniel on Sunday, and himself on Monday...it just doesn't make sense. I just don't get it. I mean, we're talking Chris Benoit, the man that Chavo, Edge, Triple H, and others poured their heart and soul out about only a few mere hours ago, a man that loved his family so much and had so much respect and appreciation for his family and fans...that man...Chris Benoit...murdered his wife and his child. If the timeline is correct, it's just sickening. I mean, Benoit is perhaps one of the best technical wrestlers I have EVER seen and the Wrestlemania XX main event is one of the better WM Main Events in a long time...I just don't know if I can handle hearing he did this. I mean, I would like to think that I could keep the distinction between the professional wrestler Chris Benoit and the man Chris Benoit, but with the premeditated murder of a child or his wife...I just don't think I can do it.

Any way you slice it, unless the police were completely wrong and this was purely accidental or even a triple homicide, this bodes poorly for the wrestling industry. First off, the WWE is going to be in a bad position. They canceled a show and a major (yet tasteless) storyline and changed the three hour show to a Benoit tribute, putting their employees out on the line and out of kayfabe to talk about the man, and just mere SECONDS after the wonderful celebration of Chris Benoit's career, it suddenly comes out from EVERYWHERE that Benoit is the prime suspect, going so far as for the WWE homepage to call Benoit the killer next to the videos of superstars remembering him and his tribute video. If Chris murdered his wife and child, this will cast negative light on the wrestling industry. See, wrestling is unique. There is no off season. The strain of trying to raise and cope with a family in the atmosphere where you are traveling at least 275 days out of the year (if not substantially more) is obviously difficult, sometimes impossible, and if Chris killed Daniel and Nancy, I think it would be apt to say deadly. Whatever happened, if Chris did in fact do it, I think it's safe to say that something BIG got to him because I just can't see the man that loved his family so much doing something like this. I just can't see the man that loved his FANS so much cancel his PPV appearance with the HIGHLY anticipated match with CM Punk, an indy wrestling favorite, to go home and kill his son. In the same way that Eddie's death brought awareness to the physical tolls that wrestling can take on one's body in the long run, Benoit's suicide and killings (if it happened that way) are going to bring awareness to the mental tolls that wrestling can take on one's mind in the long run. The only scenario I can see this happening under is Chris just snapping, and I just don't know what would make him do that. But this also damages the industry because this is going to be a media circus. I find it very telling that no one was reporting anything early today when WWE revealed on its homepage that the three were found dead, yet once there is a famous "killer," every major media outlet is on it. The media has had enough of a field day with kids hurting each other with wrestling moves. I shudder to imagine what's going to happen with Benoit and his legacy and the perception of the industry if the media has a new target. As far as I know, no former wrestling star (in the "major" scene of the industry anyways) has been implicated in murder (there have been victims, but not killers).

On the other hand, if the police have it backwards and Nancy killed Benoit and her son, it's still very telling of the sort of strain that wrestling puts on a relationship, and it still doesn't turn out good for anyone.

But the important thing to keep sight of is that no matter what, three people are dead including a completely innocent 7 year old child. I just hope in the light of the morning (1:49 AM for me here), this ugly monster is shown for what it truly is and the wrestling community can awaken from a nightmare. It's been a terrible night. The entire wrestling community has gone from mourning to a state of shock and disbelief. So many emotions in so little of time....just...urgh...

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast