Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• Vehicle rotating backward

Re: Chris Benoit and family found dead

No offense, but just because a guy is a good entertainer doesn't mean he doesn't have his evils. Remember how the BTK killer turned out to be some guy who attended church every week and was loved by his community? Same principle applies.

• Banned User

If he killed his family, then that's between him and God. I'm not really in a place to judge him, as I myself am a sinner and not without faults,no matter how small or big. Truly though, if he did kill them it's a tragic loss for all involved and their families.

However, as a wrestler, he will be greatly missed and it is an enormous loss to the industry. I agree with whoever posted that if he did this, it will indeed have a large impact on the business.

In the end, my heart goes out to everyone involved.

• Minion

I live in California, but I am here in Maryland on the east coast and it was said here around 2am eastern standard time on the news that right now it is being looked at as Chris was a murder victim and his wife was the suicide.

This was the exact thing that happened to the late, great comedian and SNL alum, Phil Hartman.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by silverphoenix View Post
    I live in California, but I am here in Maryland on the east coast and it was said here around 2am eastern standard time on the news that right now it is being looked at as Chris was a murder victim and his wife was the suicide.

This was the exact thing that happened to the late, great comedian and SNL alum, Phil Hartman.
    Wow! This incident just keeps taking surprising turns. There are just as many evil and henious women in the world as men. Unfortunately, the world's world view doesn't realize that yet.

If the investigators are saying it was the wife at this point in time, then that she is likely the asailiant. God Bless Vincent McMahan and the WWE Superstars for believing in their friend, and giving Chris Benoir one high class tribute - while up against it and on a moments notice! God Bless them one and all!
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

With what I'm being told by my honey (whose an avid fan) and from what I'm reading, it seems the man isn't capable of something like that.

I am open to the possibility that he came home and found them dead and then killed himself. I read somewhere that they found the bodies in separate rooms?? Not sure but if he was such a great guy and its hard for people to believe that's what happened maybe he didn't do it, maybe he found his family that way.

Just a thought..
    Last edited by SummerInFL; 06-26-2007 at 05:23 AM.

• Happy Memories

I'm in shock, and not really sure how to react to this news. I'm only a very casual observer of the wrestling world these days, but I used to hang with a crowd that followed things very closely. Benoit was never my favorite wrestler, but always a guy I respected for his abilities and the kind of guy he seemed to be. The reports so far are very sad, and potentially sickening, but at the same time I refuse to cast judgements on anyone until the true facts are all revealed. No matter what the exact circumstances of this tragedy are, there are still family, friends and coworkers mourning the loss of people they loved, and my thoughts are with those individuals right now.

• Golden State of Mind

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    It's the most tragic incident in entertainment history.
    Whenever these things happen it just makes me think of the Owen Hart tragedy. . . wonder how the WWE is going to get over this.
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Twist_of_Fate View Post
    As far as I know, no former wrestling star (in the "major" scene of the industry anyways) has been implicated in murder (there have been victims, but not killers).
    Wrestler Lex Luger was convicted of Manslaughter for administering a drug overdose that killed Miss Elizabeth (Former "Wife" and Manager to "Macho Man" Randy Savage)
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMunkee View Post
    Wrestler Lex Luger was convicted of Manslaughter for administering a drug overdose that killed Miss Elizabeth (Former "Wife" and Manager to "Macho Man" Randy Savage)
    OMG really? I had noooo idea. I totally adored Miss Elisabeth when I watched her with Macho Man. Ugh, I wondered what happened to her. You can imagine how long its been until recently that I watched wrestling.

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMunkee View Post
    Actually, I just read that it was ruled as accidental and he was fined and put on probation cause the police found drugs in the condo they shared.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by frecky View Post
    Actually, I just read that it was ruled as accidental and he was fined and put on probation cause the police found drugs in the condo they shared.
    Wow, maybe I should of followed up on that story. I knew they did arrest him and charged him with manslaughter. This just goes to show you what Wrestling does to people. Wrestling isn't a season so these athletes do this constantly. No off season. I watched the show "Beyond the Mat" which was about professional wrestling. It's sad to see what happens to the wrestlers we come to love. I used to love Jake "The Snake" Roberts and now he is just some crack head living in some hotel. He even smoked crack in front of the cameras when they were interviewing him. It's easy to see how they can crack. So many wrestlers are turning to drugs to just keep going. It's truly sad. I don't watch wrestling anymore or support it because you see what it does to your heroes. The smart ones get away. The Rock and Stone Cold are smart to get into movies before the wrestling life destroys them as well.
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Twist_of_Fate View Post
    Urgh...more and more stuff keeps coming out, and I just can't believe it. Police are now working under the theory that he killed Nancy on Saturday, Daniel on Sunday, and himself on Monday...it just doesn't make sense. I just don't get it. I mean, we're talking Chris Benoit, the man that Chavo, Edge, Triple H, and others poured their heart and soul out about only a few mere hours ago, a man that loved his family so much and had so much respect and appreciation for his family and fans...that man...Chris Benoit...murdered his wife and his child. If the timeline is correct, it's just sickening. I mean, Benoit is perhaps one of the best technical wrestlers I have EVER seen and the Wrestlemania XX main event is one of the better WM Main Events in a long time...I just don't know if I can handle hearing he did this. I mean, I would like to think that I could keep the distinction between the professional wrestler Chris Benoit and the man Chris Benoit, but with the premeditated murder of a child or his wife...I just don't think I can do it.

Any way you slice it, unless the police were completely wrong and this was purely accidental or even a triple homicide, this bodes poorly for the wrestling industry. First off, the WWE is going to be in a bad position. They canceled a show and a major (yet tasteless) storyline and changed the three hour show to a Benoit tribute, putting their employees out on the line and out of kayfabe to talk about the man, and just mere SECONDS after the wonderful celebration of Chris Benoit's career, it suddenly comes out from EVERYWHERE that Benoit is the prime suspect, going so far as for the WWE homepage to call Benoit the killer next to the videos of superstars remembering him and his tribute video. If Chris murdered his wife and child, this will cast negative light on the wrestling industry. See, wrestling is unique. There is no off season. The strain of trying to raise and cope with a family in the atmosphere where you are traveling at least 275 days out of the year (if not substantially more) is obviously difficult, sometimes impossible, and if Chris killed Daniel and Nancy, I think it would be apt to say deadly. Whatever happened, if Chris did in fact do it, I think it's safe to say that something BIG got to him because I just can't see the man that loved his family so much doing something like this. I just can't see the man that loved his FANS so much cancel his PPV appearance with the HIGHLY anticipated match with CM Punk, an indy wrestling favorite, to go home and kill his son. In the same way that Eddie's death brought awareness to the physical tolls that wrestling can take on one's body in the long run, Benoit's suicide and killings (if it happened that way) are going to bring awareness to the mental tolls that wrestling can take on one's mind in the long run. The only scenario I can see this happening under is Chris just snapping, and I just don't know what would make him do that. But this also damages the industry because this is going to be a media circus. I find it very telling that no one was reporting anything early today when WWE revealed on its homepage that the three were found dead, yet once there is a famous "killer," every major media outlet is on it. The media has had enough of a field day with kids hurting each other with wrestling moves. I shudder to imagine what's going to happen with Benoit and his legacy and the perception of the industry if the media has a new target. As far as I know, no former wrestling star (in the "major" scene of the industry anyways) has been implicated in murder (there have been victims, but not killers).

On the other hand, if the police have it backwards and Nancy killed Benoit and her son, it's still very telling of the sort of strain that wrestling puts on a relationship, and it still doesn't turn out good for anyone.

But the important thing to keep sight of is that no matter what, three people are dead including a completely innocent 7 year old child. I just hope in the light of the morning (1:49 AM for me here), this ugly monster is shown for what it truly is and the wrestling community can awaken from a nightmare. It's been a terrible night. The entire wrestling community has gone from mourning to a state of shock and disbelief. So many emotions in so little of time....just...urgh...
    Good post.

This is one article I just found. I sure hope these speculations are not true.
    Chris Benoit Strangled Wife, Smothered Son, Hangs Self, Report Claims

• phbbbbbt

Lemme tell you, after 38 years on this planet, after seeing the absolute worst in someone I'd known since I was 15, who I thought I knew extremely well, you NEVER know what a person is capable of. It doesn't have to be drugs, it doesn't have to be the pressure of their career or the spotlight. This could've been something so simple as an affair, or suspicion of an affair. You just don't ever know what is going on behind closed doors, or in someone's head, or what absolute atrocity they are capable of committing.

My heart goes out to the families, friends, and fans...
    xo, Deanna

• Original Mice-Chatter

So far I have seen nothing implicating the wife- so maybe everyone should stop eulogizing Chris Benoit as a great guy until the facts are in?

I Googled it too- NO story implicates the wife- so maybe this "news" out of Maryland was nothing more than speculation.

Frankly if it turns out as the news states- I don't think he deserves to be given 3 hour memorials. I suspect the WWE may be really humilated if it turns out they spent hours glorifying a man who slaughtered his family- especially a 7 year old child.

• Progressive Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by silverphoenix View Post

Chris was being seen as the murderer by midnight eastern time last night. The only suicide that occurred was his own. This guy was messed up in the head.

Just because we like these people on TV, we really have no idea what they are like in real life.

Police now say he strangled his wife and smothered his 7-year old son over the weekend before hung himself on Monday.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/News/Worl...6/4291839.html

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast