Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Chris Benoit and family found dead

Not sure how many other wrestling fans we have out there, but just thought I'd share this news with you all.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,286673,00.html

This is just another tragic loss of an actual wrestling icon. RIP Chris and family.

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

Re: Chris Benoit and family found dead

You've got a wrestling fan in me. This news is tragic and shocking. He was supposed to wrestle at Vengeance last night against CM Punk (man, what a match that would have been), but was absent at the last minute due to a "family emergency." Then, the next day, he, his wife, and his seven-year-old son turn up dead in their home, leaving behind Benoit's two other sons.

It's SO sad...I mean, seriously. The man LOVED his family and adored the industry. He is TRULY a class act, even among wrestlers, and I think both wrestling fans and those who say it is fake and overlook the emotion, dedication, and physical risk that these performers put into the matches can still appreciate someone with so much passion and dedication for what they did.

Chris, Nancy, and Daniel Benoit, RIP...

EDIT: This was written prior to knowing what we know now. I must retract what I have said here because it was based on what we knew at the time, not what we know now.
    Last edited by Twist_of_Fate; 06-26-2007 at 12:20 PM. Reason: New information and details regarding the incident

• Married and happy again!!

We have a post about this in the wrestling club if anyone would like to drop in a talk about it. The wrestling world has lost a truely fantastic superstar. The rest of the Benoit family have lost a Son, Father (Chris has other children) more importantly. My prayers go out to all his and Nancy's families.

R.I.P Chris, Nancy and Daniel Benoit
    Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!

• Donalds younger brother

I watached alot of chris in wcw days. He was of the great's
    . My prayers go out to his family.

• Princess of my own world

It's so sad what happened. My prayers go out to his family.

I'm very happy to hear, though, that WWE is changing RAW tonight to a memorial. They've always had some class when they lose one of their own.
    Visit my blog: Shutters & Scribbles

Check out my class's Donors Choose page:
    Wildcat Projects
    **Donors Choose is a place where teachers post projects for their classes and request materials and/or technology for that project. People then can make donations starting at just $1 to help fund that project. This is a great way to support teachers and their classes!**

• e komo mai

Sad Wrestler Chris Benoit and Family Murdered

WWE wrestler Chris Benoit, his wife and son were found dead Monday and police said they were investigating the deaths as a homicide.Lt. Tommy Pope of the Fayette County Sheriff's Department said the three were found at their home about 2:30 p.m., but refused to release details.
    Source

• Comin' at ya!

Re: Wrestler Chris Benoit and Family Murdered

I just read that...sad
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

• Delawarean Girl

I just heard about this one on my radio station that I love to listen too. I found his Find a Grave page during that time too. http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=20095908

It is such, sad news.

This just breaks my heart. My prayes go out to his and Nancy's families.
    Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!

• e komo mai

This is really awful.
    This is what the WWE website is saying:
    It has been ruled that the deaths of Chris Benoit, his wife Nancy and their son Daniel earlier today were the result of a double murder-suicide from within the home. WWE.com will have more as soon as it becomes available.

•   

I haven't been into wrestling much lately but I was a few years back and this really shocked me when I read it! So sad!!

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

I hate to do this guys. This is heartbreaking, graphic news:

Pro wrestler Chris Benoit, wife, son found dead
    Police investigating deaths as homicide
    The Associated Press
    Updated: 11:04 p.m. ET June 25, 2007

FAYETTEVILLE, Ga. - WWE wrestler Chris Benoit, his wife, and son were found dead Monday and police said they were investigating the deaths as a murder-suicide.

Detective Bo Turner told television station WAGA that the case was being treated as a murder-suicide, but said that couldn’t be confirmed until evidence was examined by a crime lab.

The station said that investigators believe the 40-year-old Benoit killed his wife, Nancy, and 7-year-old son, Daniel, over the weekend, then himself on Monday. A neighbor called police, and the bodies were found in three rooms.

Lead investigator Lt. Tommy Pope, of the Fayette County Sheriff’s Department, told The Associated Press the deaths were being investigated as homicide, and that the causes of death awaited autopsy results on Tuesday. Pope said the bodies were discovered about 2:30 p.m., but refused to release details.

The house is in a secluded neighborhood set back about 60 yards off a gravel road, surrounded by stacked stone wall and a double-iron gate. On Monday night, the house was dark except for a few outside lights. There was a police car in front, along with two uniformed officers.

Benoit was a former world heavyweight and Intercontinental champion. He also held several tag-team titles during his career.

“WWE extends its sincerest thoughts and prayers to the Benoit family’s relatives and loved ones in this time of tragedy,” the federation said in a statement on its Web site.

Benoit was scheduled to perform at the “Vengeance” pay-per-view event Sunday night in Houston, but was replaced at the last minute because of what announcer Jim Ross called “personal reasons.”

The native of Canada maintained a home in metro Atlanta from the time he wrestled for the defunct World Championship Wrestling.

The WWE canceled its live “Monday Night RAW” card in Corpus Christi, Texas, and USA Network aired a three-hour tribute to Benoit in place of the scheduled wrestling telecast.

“My relationship with Chris has extended many years and I consider him a great friend,” Carl DeMarco, the president of WWE Canada, said in a statement. “Chris was always first-class — warm, friendly, caring and professional one of the best in our business.”

2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19424899/

As details are being released it sounds like Chris killed Nancy and Daniel then himself or atleast that is what Yahoo news has. I hope it's not true but I doesn't look good right now. So tragic.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

This is very sad .

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by draybook View Post
    Not sure how many other wrestling fans we have out there, but just thought I'd share this news with you all.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,286673,00.html

This is just another tragic loss of an actual wrestling icon. RIP Chris and family.
    Thank you for posting this thread, draybook. Some people call wrestling oriented sports entertainment fake. While the brutality is all an act, the athleticism and gymnastic maneuvers are very real. Wrestlers are performers that are both stuntmen/stuntwomen and actors all rolled into one, simulteniously.

Wrestling is not any less fake than any other television series. The performers are talented and crafty entertainers that have brought to America an act like no other that has ever existed. The antagonists or bad guys stir up all kinds of trouble every week. But, ultimately the good guys most always give them their comeupance.

Chris Benoit was a consumate actor/athlete. I could tell that he had heart and gave it his all each and every time that he appeared in the ring. This is a great and tragic loss for his fellow performers (the McMahan's included), as well as us fans. I am absolutely stunned, and am putting in a prayer for Chris and his family.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Cricket View Post
    This is really awful.
    This is what the WWE website is saying:
    Their has never been a murder take place of a major wretling performer/entertainer in the history of sports entertinment - including when it wasn;t labeled as such, If it turns out that Benoit took the lives of himself and his family, this will seriously shake the industry.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast