Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Does anyone have a really good recipe for pork tenderloin or pork chops?

I've got a bunch of them I need to cook !

Re: Does anyone have a really good recipe for pork tenderloin or pork chops?

Yes. I do.

• Yeah...I'm cool

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainTeach View Post
    Yes. I do.
    Dumb @$$, that was my answer.
    spunky likes to suck that 3rd nipple(why am I your sig line........freak)! - Posted by my good friend Samsma

hehehe....

OK, do this:

Take the pork tenderloin, and get a good rub: garlic, pepper, sea salt, rosemary, and maybe a bit of cayenne pepper. Stick it on the barbie on a rack (if you have a gas one, I put it over the middle burner that is off and leave on the two outside ones... indirect heat) and cook that suckka until its 160 degrees inside. Most books say 170 but that's old school and you don't need to be so cautious anymore. This will make it much more moist and tasty. Serve it with rice and some applesauce. Tasty!

• Yeah...I'm cool

Pork Chops:

Marinade:
    Spicy Mustard
    Orange Marmelade
    Soy Sauce
    Molasses
    Cumin

Salt, pepper, and garlic the meat. Marinade for 10 minutes and grill as desired.

Goes best with Green leafy vegitables, spinach or Bok Choy.
    spunky likes to suck that 3rd nipple(why am I your sig line........freak)! - Posted by my good friend Samsma

Sounds good, SM. I will give it a try.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Sprinkle chops with pepper and garlic powder. Marinate in 1/3 BBQ sauce (I use Hickory) to 2/3 Kikkoman Teriyaki sauce at least an hour (the longer the better). Grill chops until done. Sprinkle with fresh lime juice and cover with foil for 15 minutes to rest.

I was told once that to be a southern cook you just need two basic ingredients: cream of mushroom soup and cheddar cheese. With those two items, you can cook ANYTHING!

Slightly brown your pork chops in 4 tbsp olive oil, salt, and pepper, then place them in a baking dish covered with 1 can of soup + 1/2 can of milk.. Bake at 350 for 40 minutes, then sprinkle grated cheddar cheese on them - continue baking until cheese is melted - voila!

• Banned User

does shake and bake count since I do not eat meat, all I can offer is ..... pork tenderloin is tough when over cooked. so make sure to not over cook it and again shake and bake

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

There is a pork marinade called Stubbs. The bottle has a black dude in a cowboy hat. Good stuff!

Chad

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

I got a garlic and herb seasoning packet made for pork tenderloin last grocery trip and it was SO GOOD! It was the kind you put the meat and seasonings in a bag and cook it in the bag. Very tender and tasty!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Minion

This thread was in perfect timing! In my fridge defrosting is a big pack of pork tenderlion chops! Thanks for all the suggestions!

• Minion

Pork Tenderloin stuffed with apricots, cranberries and shallots:

ingredients

4 slices firm white sandwich bread
    1/2 cup chopped shallots (3 large)
    2 tablespoons unsalted butter
    1/2 lb firm-ripe apricots (3 large), cut into 1/3-inch pieces
    1/4 cup dried cranberries
    2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon black pepper
    1 (3- to 3 1/2-lb) center-cut boneless pork loin roast (3 1/2 inches in diameter), not tied
    2 tablespoons vegetable oil
    1/2 cup water
    preparation

Preheat oven to 375F.
    Make stuffing:
    Cut just enough bread into 1/3-inch pieces to measure 1 cup and spread evenly in a shallow baking pan. Toast bread in middle of oven, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 10 minutes, then transfer to a bowl. Leave oven on (for pork).
    Cook shallots in butter in a large nonstick skillet over moderately low heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 10 minutes. Add apricots and cook, stirring, until slightly softened, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in bread, parsley, salt, and pepper.
    Stuff and roast pork:
    Make a hole for stuffing that runs lengthwise through pork loin: Beginning in middle of 1 end of roast, insert a sharp long thin knife lengthwise toward center of loin, then repeat at opposite end of loin to complete incision running through middle.
    Open up incision with your fingers, working from both ends, to create a 1 1/2-inch-wide opening, then pack with all of stuffing, pushing from both ends toward center.
    Pat pork dry and and season well with salt and pepper.
    Heat oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over high heat until very hot and just smoking, then brown pork on all sides, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a roasting pan and roast in middle of oven until a meat thermometer inserted diagonally 2 inches into meat (avoid stuffing) registers 160F, 45 to 50 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and let stand 20 minutes.
    While loin is standing, straddle roasting pan across 2 burners. Add 1/2 cup water and deglaze pan by boiling over moderate heat, scraping up brown bits.
    Slice meat and serve with sauce.

• Clearing my Calendar

We're making a jerked bbq pork tenderloin tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes!

Cooker: 1 1/2 to 3 quart (so double the recipe if you have a larger one)

1/2 tsp chili powder
    pinch of garlic powder
    pinch of ground allspice
    pinch of salt and fresh ground black pepper
    1 1/4 lb. pork tenderloin
    juice of 1/2 a lemon or lime
    1 medium yellow onion, sliced
    1 cup barbeque sauce of your choice
    2 tbsps (or *hic* more *hic*) of dark rum

1. Combine the chili powder, garlic powder, allspice, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Drizzle the tenderloin with the lemon (we'll be using lime), then rub the spices into it. Place in the roast in a ziploc, and marinate 1-3 hours or overnight.

2. Place the onion in the bottom of the slow cooker. Remove the roast from the bag and cut into 1-inch cubes. Place on top of the onions. Combine the bbq sauce and rum in a small bowl, mix well and pour over the roast. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 7 hours until the meat is fork tender. Pull into shreds with two forks and serve hot.

The recipe suggests serving on top of rolls or rice, but we're having spanish rice on the side.

I'll let you know how it tastes!
    "But every night, when it gets dark
    and the stars come out,
    I'll look up on her behalf.
    I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

• Senior Minion

So ... when't dinner ready PB ... I'm getting hungry just reading this thread! I want a meal report with PICTURES!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast