Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• Prefect

Blog Entries

Re: Why do I freaking bother??!!

Very cool PM!

I wonder if you were in training with DLCM & Sam? I think they went through the same thing.
    <o>

• Time Traveler

Yay! Congratulations. When do you start traing on HM?
    I hate robots...

One Annual Pass-$365 379
    Gas For Car- $60
    Meeting Billy Goat Bob- Priceless

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDan24 View Post
    Yay! Congratulations. When do you start traing on HM?
    Next Sunday at 6am. Going to miss the meet but get off at 1:30. If anyone wants to meet up after I get off of work that day...PM me
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

Whew - after reading all of this I was wondering if it ever would work out for you.

Congratulations and continued good fortune.

Cheers -

• Former Cast Member

The same thing happened to me when I was hired into foods. My interviewer asked me what area I wanted to work in and I told her specifically either the French Market, Cafe Orleans or the Blue Bayou and she said ok. So I thought everything was cool. Well on orientation day, the schedulers come in with their handy dandy packets and pass them out to everyone. When I get mine, my mouth dropped to the floor. I was scheduled to work in the New Orleans Main Kitchen. I immediately got up and brought the gal out of the room and told her that this was not the location I picked, nor would it be the plce I would work in the park. I worked there back in the early 80's and it was not a pleasant location to work in. At first, she was not attentive or showing empathy, but I did not back down and told her if she can't help me, get someone who can, so she got this other guy and fortunately he worked it out for me and got me recast at the Plaza Inn. I have a feeling all of these problems begin with the interviewers, because they don't listen or probably do not care, they just need to fill their quota, at the expense of the new cast member.

I hope it all works out for you in the long run!!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by PLAZAINN1 View Post
    The same thing happened to me when I was hired into foods. My interviewer asked me what area I wanted to work in and I told her specifically either the French Market, Cafe Orleans or the Blue Bayou and she said ok. So I thought everything was cool. Well on orientation day, the schedulers come in with their handy dandy packets and pass them out to everyone. When I get mine, my mouth dropped to the floor. I was scheduled to work in the New Orleans Main Kitchen. I immediately got up and brought the gal out of the room and told her that this was not the location I picked, nor would it be the plce I would work in the park. I worked there back in the early 80's and it was not a pleasant location to work in. At first, she was not attentive or showing empathy, but I did not back down and told her if she can't help me, get someone who can, so she got this other guy and fortunately he worked it out for me and got me recast at the Plaza Inn. I have a feeling all of these problems begin with the interviewers, because they don't listen or probably do not care, they just need to fill their quota, at the expense of the new cast member.

I hope it all works out for you in the long run!!!

What year did you work at NOMK? I was there in 84-85. A couple other MCers here are NOMK alumni. Radiobarry and Kevin Yee. Your right it wasn't a pleasant experience but I still loved every second of it. I just went down there to check out things and got hit with some major flashbacks. Man. boy did I miss the good old NOMK but would I want to work in there again.....Oh hell no!!! Actually the problem isn't with the interviewers because she asked me what my first and second choice for attractions were and I told her Pirates first and Mansion second. The hold up I believe is with the scheduler. In hindsight I may have just been a bit over reactive. You know how moody artists can be. There are a few fellow CMs working Fantasmic shifts who have been there longer than me who still don't even have a ride. I think that the hold up with me was that they were waiting for a trainer to be available on either ride and whatever trainer that became available first was going to be my ride.
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234