Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Why do I freaking bother??!!

Had a VERY crappy day today. Everything started off just fine. Went to orientation at my new job. Had to bite my tongue a few times during the tour. Had a group gathered around me hearing my tidbits of info as walking around. Then things went crappy. Got my name tag. The name is right. Hometown though......Santa Ana.??Santa Ana?? I told them Santa CRUZ. I saw it written down too as SANTA CRUZ. Where the heck did they get Santa ANA. We used to get into team fights against Santa Ana when I played football for Tustin and Orange. Why would I want Santa Ana? Oh but what, it gets better. It comes time that I have been waiting for. My schedule and location. The transition people for attractions come in and start naming names.......The went through all the names and mine wasn't call. Oh me, and another girl who happened to be from UC SANTA CRUZ. What the hell is up with people from Santa Cruz? Do they have it out for us?
    Anyway, I mentioned that my name wasn't called. The lady then said, oh then you must be with parking. I replied, "NO, I was hired specifically for attractions. It is on my offer sheet." She said it must of been a mistake and go see the lady with parking to see if I was on their list. I told the lady with parking what happened and she got slightly tiffed that the other lady was just trying to pass the buck. She basically told the attractions lady that me and the other girl, who's name wasn't called, were in attractions so she needed to deal with it.
    They then call the guy in charge of scheduling to find out where our schedule was. Apparently he has 3 other classes he has to sort through so I'm to call tomorrow after 9AM. OK, I started venting big time to the lady who was trying to pass the buck. I told her straight up that I didn't appreciate her trying to pass the buck and secondly I had quit a good paying job and was taken off the schedule for my other job untill I found out my Disneyland schedule. Now I was probably going to wind up missing work while I wait for somebody to pull their head out and do the job the were paid to do. I worked hard to return and now I was beginning to seriously regret it. OK, I figured, I would just wait until tomorrow and just give the big announcement at the meet tomorrow. I get in my car to drive home and I hit TRAFFIC.....On a weekend??!! I'm sitting in traffic and I call Rite Aid because according to my boss, my paid out check should be in the store today. I call. No Check. Get home. Find a check from Rite Aid for 56.00 for paid out vacation. 56.00??!! I had 42.5 hours of Vacation plus anniversary pay plus 2 days of work coming to me. It was supposed to be something like 600.00 NOT 56.00. Oh God, I am so hating life right now. Figured I would just drink myself unconscious tonight. I mean, what else would you do when your dream is starting off just like a nightmare?
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

• Minion

Re: Why do I freaking bother??!!

I am so sorry to hear that you had a bad day. Hopefully, it is just one bad day and they will all be good from here! Keep your chin up.

• Shablagoo!

I'm with Goin2DL. I hope everything turns out alright and it only gets better from here.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Well, look on the bright side - maybe you got all your bad karma out of the way in one long, painful day. You know as well as I do that DL management not having their act together, passing the buck, etc. is just as much a part of Disneyland as overpriced hamburgers and folks catching an afternoon nap in HISTA, and NOMK's dish machine breaking down.

Tomorrow will be a better day.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• love my friends

so sorry you had a bad day... I hope things get better for you tomarow

Friends for life

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

Here's the good news. If you quit RiteAid more than 72 hours ago, and they haven't made your final paycheck available yet, including all available and accrued vacation, then under Labor Code section 203, you are still on the clock! PM me if you want details. They might end up owing you 30 days pay (including Saturdays and Sundays).
    Fight On! Beat the Bulldogs!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Speaking of "drive-by" my cousin just became the new drummer for -Train-
    This device kills fascists.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Wow.
    Good luck!
    Hope it sorts itself out soon.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• She was sweet as a peach

Having a bad day makes you really appreciate all of the really good (and semi-good) days that we normally have.
    I bet tomorrow will be better.

• Winter in Oceanside...

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMunkee View Post
    They then call the guy in charge of scheduling to find out where our schedule was. Apparently he has 3 other classes he has to sort through so I'm to call tomorrow after 9AM.
    Not to drag you down, but welcome to DLR Scheduling Department. I had similar experiences while I was there.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

That sucks about your bad day. Hang in there and hopefully things will get better soon.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by steamboatpete View Post
    Here's the good news. If you quit RiteAid more than 72 hours ago, and they haven't made your final paycheck available yet, including all available and accrued vacation, then under Labor Code section 203, you are still on the clock! PM me if you want details. They might end up owing you 30 days pay (including Saturdays and Sundays).
    what he said !!

So you had a bad day, it will be ok, take a deep breath, think of all the great things you have done for others, and all the great drawings you did for the micechatters, just know we all love you, and breath , breath breath, what you did for others will come back to you!! now put down that bottle, do something fun ( yeah I know drinking is fun ) but do something cool, relax, it will all work out !! Just have the mind set that all things work together, you are doing great, you got the job you wanted, you are a good man, and all will be ok.......... peace out

karla

• Banned User

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBziW9qQvsc[/YOUTUBE]

just for you

• Island Paradise

Hang in there PirateMunkee! Bad days suck. But, tomorrow is another day!!!

• Senior Minion

You, Princess626 and me have a date at the Cove Bar tomorrow ... on me!

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Hang in there PM.

Also just for you......... http://youtube.com/watch?v=hVnTPeS5abU

Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast