View Poll Results: Which Vegas Cirque Would You Recommend?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mystere

3 14.29%
  • O

15 71.43%
  • Ka

1 4.76%
  • Zumanity

2 9.52%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• e komo mai

Question Which Vegas Cirque du Soleil Show?

Which one do you recommend?

We're making a stop in Vegas and want to see just one.

So, of the following:

Mystere

O

Ka

Zumanity

Have you seen any of them? Would you recommend one in particular? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

• Official MC Thread Killer

I'd vote for O, since that's what we're seeing in 11 days (yay!). I have heard nothing but amazing reviews about it; including that it is better than La Nouba, which we saw in Florida, and was absolutely incredible.
    BLOCK - PARTY - BASH
    I'm gonna sing it; from the heart behind these hands

Please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated inside the theater safely

• Mexihick, y'all

Hi. Personally, I would see O (again). It is an AMAZING spectacle to behold, and make sure you're 110% sober, b/c there is so much going on, such a deep deep story, that you're going to need all your senses.

Ka...looks intriguing, has had some great reviews, but still is relatively new...probably continuing to work out kinks.

Zumanity...more for the freak in you, hear it's loaded with sexual innuendo and what not, but enjoyable none the less. However, have heard it's no where near as good as the rest.

Mystere...the classic Cirque show...I hear it's great, as well...some like it more than O.

Having said that, I would still go with O, you'll leave absolutely stunned and breathless.

BTW...tickets are hard to come by, I suggest getting them as soon as you can.

• ºoº Tom ºoº

Defintly "0" I really think when it gets slow this winter they should retrofit the lake at DCA and build some of the same hydraolics and put an Alcatraz Island out there and perform a Disney Cirque de California with jet skiers and ribbon dancers and acrobats and Disney characters and floats and pirotechnics!

• Minion

Definitely "O!" I'm a little partial because a friend of mine has been the show's assistant stage manager for several years and I've seen it more times than the other Cirque productions on The Strip. It's a truly unique show unlike anything you're going to see anywhere.

You can book tickets on the Bellagio's website very easily. I've always had house seats which are midway center and give the best view. At the top of the auditorium you can see down into the pool and observe the scuba divers and performers when they enter the water. Down front at stage level you are certainly immersed in the show but don't quite get the full effect of the spectacular.

Close second for me would be "Mystere."

• e komo mai

Quote Originally Posted by desertdweller
    I've always had house seats which are midway center and give the best view. At the top of the auditorium you can see down into the pool and observe the scuba divers and performers when they enter the water. Down front at stage level you are certainly immersed in the show but don't quite get the full effect of the spectacular.
    Awesome. Thank you for the tips.

We were sort of leaning towards O but had heard from friends of ours that Ka was quite good, too.
    I also heard from someone on this board before that we should skip Mystere.
    I've also heard that they sanitized Zumanity and took out the gay parts, is this true?
    So many rumors.

The only Cirque show I've seen live was Quidam. I saw it in LA the evening after a red eye from Hawaii. Let's just say I was in a constant dreamlike state throughout the performance...

• Minion

I can't verify the question on Zumanity since I haven't seen the show since it was in previews and understand they made major changes during the first months. It was their most troubled production. I think the MC is still the flamboyant male performer but being Vegas, gay themes have never gone over well. It's always been a pretty homophobic town.

• wasting time

They did indeed tone down Zumanity but it was still a very fun show. I think that particular one was the most Vegas-y of the shows. It was my favorite. I haven't seen KA yet but I've experienced the other three. It's safe to say no matter which show you choose you'll have a great time. They are all wonderful. I would probably go against the popular majority here and vote for Zumanity, but we all know it's cause I'm more a freak at heart

[cue innerSpaceman]

• e komo mai

Quote Originally Posted by desertdweller
    It's always been a pretty homophobic town.
    Sad.

Zumanity was advertised a lot at SF Pride. Also Thunder Down Under... a non-Cirque production.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

I voted for Mystere because I have seen it and it was to date the most amazing show I have ever seen. I am still in awe over it and it was years ago. I could never say enough good things about it and I can't understand why anyone would recommend against it.

I have never seen O but I have heard that it is just, if not more, amazing.

Really, I just don't think it's possible to go wrong with any of the above choices.
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• e komo mai

Thanks, everybody for the info.
    We're leaning towards O totally.
    We figured it's in our budget to see just one. Who knows, maybe we'll strike it rich and we'll go to all of the above.

• Minion

If you do choose "O" you'll see why they can justify a ticket price that high.

• Just Me

I voted for Mystere, because it is the only one I have seen. The show more than made up for the uncomfortable, crowded seating.

I would see O.

I saw Zumanity last summer. It was a really fun show but nothin really stood out and wowed me other than the hot guys doin the rope tricks..

I've heard nothing but praise for O.
    A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes....

• Mexihick, y'all

O, dammit. Go. Now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast