Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

What places do you consider fast food?

Ok, so my friends and I have had this little debate for a while. Stupid? Well yes, but we've thought of certain rules as to what is considered what is fast food.

1. If you pay first before you get your meal, then it's fast food (yes even Subway.

2. You have to have a waiter/waitress (No, the server at Carl's Jr. here on the West Coast doesn't count).

There are some in between ones like Sizzler because you do have some sort of waiter/waitress but what do you think and what restaurants are not fast food or are?

And last fast food doesn't mean it's fattening.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Re: What places do you consider fast food?

I think Sizzler is not really fast food, since it's served...and sometimes cooked for you after you order - and served on a plate.

Have you ever been to Knowlwood? What would you deem it? Fast food or not?

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Well, at Hometown Buffet you pay before you eat but I dont consider that fast food. Im not even sure I consider it real food at all.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by frecky View Post
    Well, at Hometown Buffet you pay before you eat but I dont consider that fast food. Im not even sure I consider it real food at all.
    Good point!

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post

Have you ever been to Knowlwood?
    What and where is that???

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Experiment626 View Post
    What and where is that???
    Knowlwood Hamburgers....there's on off of Imperial and La Palma in Anaheim and then, I think it's still there, there should be one on 17th Street near Tustin Avenue and 17th off the 55 Fwy and then there is one on Sand Canyon off the 5 Fwy in Irvine.

Not too many......actually. It's good food.......

• Hiding in the shadows

I don't think Sizzler is fast food, but its close, I still consider it a sit down place, its not like many people get their food there to go, but its no red lobster.

There are lot of nicer fast food places (nicer meaning they don't have drive thrus and many people go there to sit down, like Boston Market...but its still fast food.

A little piece of heaven

• Huh?

Fast food is any place that has a very strict deadline of 10 minutes or less to complete any order. That's pretty much the definition period... the time you pay doesn't matter. The presence of the wait staff and the cashier doesn't matter, either.

Subway is fast food.

Steak 'n' Shake, despite its drive-through, doesn't consider itself fast food. It does have a deadline to complete an order, however, the deadline is more than 10 minutes.

Culver's and Dairy Queen are not fast food, either, mostly because everything is made to order with no pre-made ingredients sitting in the heat, waiting for your order (which used to be true for Steak 'n' Shake, but not so much all the time these days).
    -Tim

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I went to Wahoo's last night. Their service is just like Carls in that you order at the counter and then they give you a card with a number and then you go sit at your table. But the food comes out to you on regular plates with silverware, and you don't have to bus your own table. Wondering about that one...

•   
    • Senior Minion

Everything to me is fast food, except for the places where you sit down and are handed a menu by a waitstaff.

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    Knowlwood Hamburgers....there's on off of Imperial and La Palma in Anaheim and then, I think it's still there, there should be one on 17th Street near Tustin Avenue and 17th off the 55 Fwy and then there is one on Sand Canyon off the 5 Fwy in Irvine.

Not too many......actually. It's good food.......
    Hmm...might have to drive down there to try that. My b/f works in Tustin on 17th past the 55 ... I wonder if he's ever been there.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by TikiRoomLiz View Post
    Everything to me is fast food, except for the places where you sit down and are handed a menu by a waitstaff.
    I totally agree.

• Man O Lantern

Any place that I'm not seated by a host and handed a menu is fast food to me, even Starbucks.

• is on the rocks

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    I went to Wahoo's last night. Their service is just like Carls in that you order at the counter and then they give you a card with a number and then you go sit at your table. But the food comes out to you on regular plates with silverware, and you don't have to bus your own table. Wondering about that one...
    It's still fast food in my book (see below).

Quote Originally Posted by TikiRoomLiz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell View Post
    Any place that I'm not seated by a host and handed a menu is fast food to me, even Starbucks.
    Yup - pretty much what I think.
    She did it!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

OK, here's one, what about Fuddrucker's. By definition here it is fast food. You pay first, pick up your own order. I don't remember, are you expected to bus your own table? I say yes by these standards, just as any buffet would fall into fast food.

So I guess fast food can be divided into two categories, convienent (i.e. McDonalds, Carls Jr's, etc.) and ???? types that are buffets, Sizzler, etc.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast