Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Shablagoo!

Hallmark Ornament Premiere tomorrow

Tomorrow is the big day for Hallmark Ornament collectors. This year's Christmas Ornaments are being released tomorrow. Here is a link to a page with this years ornaments.

http://www.hallmark.com/webapp/wcs/s...P_TOP%7Cstores

There are limited edition ornaments available only this weekend. They are VERY limited. To give you idea, my local store says that they got less than a dozen of each of them and they are in the top 2% of stores. I will be at my local store in Silverdale, WA tomorrow to pick up some of the exclusives.

There are quite a few Disney items this year. There is a sale on mugs, half off with the purchase. One of the limited ornaments is a Mirror, Mirror on the Wall from Disney's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs 70th Anniversary (70 years! WOW!). There are also non-limited ornaments of characters like the Fab 5, Jack Skellington, Jack Sparrow, Pooh and Friends, Tinker Bell, Disney Princesses and others.

Personally my favorites are the Carousel series and the Lionel Train series.

(and in case you are wondering, I have been listening to Christmas music while writing this post/)

• ....whatever....

Re: Hallmark Ornament Primere tomorrow

Cool! Thank you so much for the info.

• Shablagoo!

I'm on my way. I'll post about how it turns out.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Oh please do!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I hope they have some more good Peanuts ornaments coming out this year.

• Colorful

April Showers bring May flowers all in the Golden Afternoon

Cool Re: Hallmark Ornament Primere tomorrow

Thanks for letting us know and for sharing. Good luck on getting what you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

• Just Me

I miss the mini-mice series.

• Shablagoo!

I'm back. I got what I was looking for. It seems the hot items are the Star Wars Tusken Raider Ornament and teh Barbie Ornament (out of the limtied edtion at least). They opened at 7:30 for VIPs and we (Mom and I) were third in line. They only had 2 Tusken Raiders. We got one of them. They had some muffins and danishes to snack on, as well as coffee and juice. The other Silverdale Hallamrk in the mall is under new ownership so it weas less crowded. They still had all the limited edition ornaments as of 10 am.

I have the ornaments at my place and i have to go thourhg them to doubel check for defects, but they usually are ok. One thing I have to say for this years Disney Ornaments is that they have much better faces on the human characters. There is an Eeyore ornament where he is wearing antlers that is pretty cute. They have a deal where if you buy 2 Disney Ornaments you can get a Disney mug 50% off. Those mugs went real fast.
    There is an evil Queen in the limited Ornaments adn she looks terrific. Pick one up if you can.

They do have some cool Snoopy ornaments Disney Wrassler. Check the link I posted in the first post and you can look at all the available ornaments for this year. Did anyone else head out today?

BTW there will be a couple more events later this year. At one they have a cuckoo clock ornament with DIsney characters. Watch out for that one.

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

I went today also, Melonballer. My husband and I are big Hallmark ornament fans. I picked up the Tink, Mermaid, two flower fairies, the airplane and a raindeer. That was all for today. I have to control myself and not buy everything. Our tree is bursting already. The next premire will be in October.

Glad you got what you wanted.

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Nancywitt View Post
    I went today also, Melonballer. My husband and I are big Hallmark ornament fans. I picked up the Tink, Mermaid, two flower fairies, the airplane and a raindeer. That was all for today. I have to control myself and not buy everything. Our tree is bursting already. The next premire will be in October.

Glad you got what you wanted.

Thank you. My parents tree is bursting as well. My mother has taken to doing Even and Odd years with the hallmark ornaments. I didn't like the expression on the Tink's face, so I skipped it. By Mermaid did you mean the one with Ariel and Eric in the Boat? If so they only reason I skipped that one was I felt the music played way too fast. It does not even sound like Kiss the Girl. We have been collecting for 30+ years, since the beginning. My mother collects the Frosty Friends series, I collect the Lionel Trains and the Carousel series. My sister does the Snow Buddies series. My dad collects the Airplane series (I wish they would do some WWII era planes. A B-17 Bomber would be really cool). We also collect some Star Wars, and a few other ones here and there.

Re: Hallmark Ornament Premiere tomorrow

My husband loves the airplanes, but a bomber on a tree? That is as bad as that awful Borg cube from Star Trek.

We have the Star Wars and Trek ships back when they had the cord on them and they stayed lit. I don't like the battery ones now. You have to hit the button to make them lite up and then they only shine for a few seconds. Why did they change? Lawsuit probably. SInce my kids usually put those up, we have on our tree what we refer to as Battleship Row. Nothing says Christmas like a good spaceship battle! Our prized ship is the first Star Trek ornament they made, Kirk's Enterprise. Only my husband is allowed to touch it. LOL

We also like the Frosty Friends since we used to live in Fairbanks, Alaska. Now, to keep the collection down, we only buy that series on the year we visit Alaska. We didn't go this summer, so we are not buying that one. We use to collect the trains too, but we have so many now, that we stopped. We don't even put those on the tree anymore, just display them somewhere else. We do the same with the Frosty Friends.

I have to be choisy on the Dsiney ones. I like the Tink one this year, I thought she was cute. I didn't like the TInk one last year though. Ariel in the boat was the one I was indeed talking about. She, Tink and Mulan are my favorite, so I usually buy those. The Snow White one was cute, but she is not my girl, so I didn't get her. We bought a whole bunch of Mickey ones last year, but not this time. I may change my mind later and get them. The one with Mickey and Minnie shopping is cute and colorful.

Do you ever collect the mini ornaments, Melonballer? I have a tiny tree I put on the kitchen counter and put those tiny ornaments on. Some years I skip it, but the detail on those things are incredible.

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Nancywitt View Post
    My husband loves the airplanes, but a bomber on a tree? That is as bad as that awful Borg cube from Star Trek.

Do you ever collect the mini ornaments, Melonballer? I have a tiny tree I put on the kitchen counter and put those tiny ornaments on. Some years I skip it, but the detail on those things are incredible.
    My main complaint about the planes is how similar they are. I'd love a few military planes. But this is coming from someone who has all the Star Trek and Star Wars Ships on a tree.

I have not really collected the miniatures because we are afraid of losing them. Except I have collected all the Star Wars miniature ornaments.

I definitely understand about having to be choosy. We mostly just buy our series ornaments these days. My mom is going to take my sister to see if she likes the Snow White or the Aurora dancing ornament. I'm with you about last years Tink ornament. It was ugly. Like I said earlier, they are getting a lot better this year. I wish the Jack Sparrow ornament last year looked as goos as this years. I might have bought it since it played Yo-Ho!

• Banned User

Someone send a PM to EvilQueen and tell her she's got a weekend limited edition ornament with her likeness!

I think I am going to have to get the Captain Jack ornament. My husband thinks it will go great on my desk. Good thing I still have tomorrow to rack up the extra points.

• Banned User

I am so mad that I missed the ones last year from A Christmas Story!!! I would have liked to have the leg lamp one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast