Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Former Epcot CM

Does anyone else NOT want the 7th Harry Potter book to come out?

Disclaimer: This is not a hate thread, I love Harry.

No, the reason for me not wanting the seventh book to be released is pretty simple. I don't really want it to end - or more like, I'm not ready for it to end. I feel like its the end of an era - I have grown up with Harry Potter. I am sixteen years old now, and began reading the books in 1998. Half of my life has been spent reading these books, and constantly waiting for the next one - I have always been expecting another book, another chapter in the story, another year at Hogwarts. But after this, that's it. And I've always known there is only going to be seven books, but I mean - the final book is coming out in just under five days time, and I'm not ready for it yet. This is my childhood, and I suppose it's just a part of the whole struggling to hold onto your childhood thing.

Of course, I can't wait to find out how it all ends. I just don't think I'm quite ready to know.
    Shiny and New

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California

July 2012 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• My cuties!

Re: Does anyone else NOT want the 7th Harry Potter book to come out?

I know how you feel. I plan on reading the book fast because I don't to accidently come across some spoiler but I would rather have read it slow to savour it being the last.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

I'm so right there with you on this. I need to know the answers, but I don't want it to be over. On the other hand, the fact that we got to experience this world as it literally unfolded is what makes it so perfect and bittersweet. It has to end to give more power to the series as a whole.

I expect to be in a great funk on the 22nd.
    A signature should go here.

• Googly eyed

I've been reading the books since I was in the 7th grade. I'm 20 now and I think I'm ready for it all to end. I just want everything to finally come together. Its been alot of fun over the years being excited about the books and then the movies. But I am ready for the books to be done. I'll be an excited 23 year old when the last movie comes out, so I will be satisfied just to have it all done. Also knowing that hopefully my kids will be into these books, seeing as I am keeping the books forever. Makes me happy that I will know everything before they do and that we will be able to talk about them
    STACIE and YODA-Dland partners for life

And, I , I close my eyes
    And, I kiss that frog
    Each time finding
    The more boys I meet the more I love my dog

Who'd'ya think you're kiddin'
    He's the Earth and heaven to you

• Clearing my Calendar

I was one of those fans that was oh so upset when they announced that the book will be released within days of the movie.

"Noooo!" I cried, "At least make it six months after the movie! Space it out so we can savour it more!"

After this book, it's just two more movies.

I got into HP insanity rather late, and I feel kind of cheated of the whole experience. I remember when it started to become a phenomana. After CoS was released, I saw the books and thought, "This is just kid stuff."

I didn't give it a second thought until SS movie was released. Bryan was so into seeing it that I saw it with him to humour him. Little did I know that I would become the HP freak and he would patiently wait for the movies.

I'm sad, but happy. I'm excited as anything to find out the definitive answer to the riddles of Dumbledore and Sirius...and Tom Riddle (ha! puned ya!). It's going to be a great ride, but as someone else stated a while ago, HP fans will be crying everywhere, regardless of the actual ending.

"But every night, when it gets dark
    and the stars come out,
    I'll look up on her behalf.
    I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

• Wait, what?

Blog Entries

Keep it from coming out, because the seven years of the tribulation is actually refering in some cryptic sense the seven years of Harry Potter, so if it's released the world will end!!!! Ok I'm done being stupid.

I'm so relieved I'm not alone! I'm not sure I can deal with this and want to crawl under the nearest rock and not think about the fact that it is almost over.

•   
    • Daffy about Disneyland

Blog Entries

I am looking forward to the last book. I am dying from the curiosity, of wondering how she will end it all. Hopefully she will explain it all, and tie it up in a neat little bow. Many people have many questions about all the different plot lines in the book.

I only wished that I had reread the last book recently.
    My Next Disneyland Vacation - ​May 29, 2014 - June 5, 2014

My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

•   

It is going to be bittersweet, that's for sure.
    I'm so excited for it but knowing that we'll have nothing to look forward to after is going to be hard. Like you mentioned, these books have taken up a huge chunk of our life in terms of years. Some younger readers it's taken up nearly half of their life!!
    Hopefully we'll feel better with however J.K. ends the series.

• Man O Lantern

I'm having a really hard time with the book coming out. I'm in full-on grief mode this summer. And I'm 33 years old.

But what's weird about it ending, and that there IS an end (she promised!), if my favorite characters die, I'll be okay with that....because it's the end of the series anyway. It's over.

I'm in a little bit of denial. We're going to a party Friday night, I expect to stay up all night and read, then we have a swim meet at 8 a.m. and our weekend just gets busier from there....but at the same time, I'll be totally bummed and devastated. Should make for an interesting weekend.

•   
    • Daffy about Disneyland

Blog Entries

I know one thing for sure. I will have to stay away from MiceChat until I finish the book. I wouldn't want to "accidentally" read anything that will spoil the book for me.
    My Next Disneyland Vacation - ​May 29, 2014 - June 5, 2014

My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• Clearing my Calendar

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell View Post
    But what's weird about it ending, and that there IS an end (she promised!), if my favorite characters die, I'll be okay with that....because it's the end of the series anyway. It's over.
    That's a great way of looking at it. There won't be a rub it in your face thing. Even if she does the charitable encyclopedia she's been hinting at for years, it's more of an informative thing than a story.

And Barbara- accidentally reading something is one thing but let's not forget about what people will put in their avatars! I remember all the green apples that popped up after the second pirates. Oy!
    "But every night, when it gets dark
    and the stars come out,
    I'll look up on her behalf.
    I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

I can't believe it's this Saturday. After waiting for months just to hear the release date, and another few months since then...it all comes down to this Saturday. I'm re-reading HBP and plan to finish Friday night...and then just continue with #7.

I will be bummed that the series is over. But I get bummed every time I finish Lord of the Rings for the umpteenth time. Then I put the books away and haul them out a couple of years later.

If she kills off Harry, it might be a while until I read these again though.

He's going through that curtain. Wether he comes back out again...we'll find out in...almost 100 hours from now.

•   

Quote Originally Posted by localdisnyfan View Post
    I can't believe it's this Saturday. After waiting for months just to hear the release date, and another few months since then...it all comes down to this Saturday. I'm re-reading HBP and plan to finish Friday night...and then just continue with #7.

I will be bummed that the series is over. But I get bummed every time I finish Lord of the Rings for the umpteenth time. Then I put the books away and haul them out a couple of years later.

If she kills off Harry, it might be a while until I read these again though.

He's going through that curtain. Wether he comes back out again...we'll find out in...almost 100 hours from now.
    Wow!
    When you say 100 hours from now it really gives me butterflies!

• Wait, what?

Blog Entries

I can't believe it comes out on my Birthday, maybe it's a sign I should be reading the books.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast