Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• That's Hawt

Re: Our Lake Mead Trip

Wow, that's really scary! BUGS! ... nah, I'm kidding, i'm really glad to hear that Paige is A-OK. (And I am happy to hear you had fun too!)
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• Luckiest Man Alive!

I'm glad that everything turned out OK & that Paige is such a trooper! Sorry to hear about the 'Resort' you stayed at seemed to be such a 'wild' place..., but at least you got the chance to see/experience Lake Mead - it's one of my favorite places. I love floating by the dam, waving to the tourists sweltering in the heat, then diving overboard & cooling off in the cool lake water. Did you guys go through the narrows & spend any time in the Overton arm of the Lake?

I'm soo glad everything turned out well.
    Isn't it amazing the way kids can bounce back from such a traumatic experience?
    Same kinda thing happened to me this weekend. My parents hosted a pool party/bbq and all the young kids were in the pool having a great time. One of my cousins (7 years old) is not a good swimmer but he stayed in the shallow end and we all were watching him.
    Apparently another one of the kids got a little excited and shoved him into the deep end not realizing he couldn't swim well. At that exact same time, someone had told a joke and we were all laughing hysterically and not paying attention to him. My dad looked up and saw him flailing his arms barely above water. Within a flash my Dad was in the pool (fully clothed) and grabbed him. He was still breathing but had swallowed quite a bit of water and was a little freaked out. My heart jumped into my throat when I saw it happen and I'm not even the kid's mother!!!
    It's the worse feeling in the world to see something like that happen to any kid.
    I'm not a parent but I know exactly what you felt sunnyg.

It's just a great thing that kids forget these incidences and are fine within minutes.

My cousin was fine after that and my Dad was the hero for the rest of the day YAY!!!!!!!!!!!
    A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes....

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

CP, glad everything ended up alright. Your dad rocks!

Robert951, Lake Mead is probably one of the most beautiful places I've visited, despite the ridiculous temperatures and ginormous bugs. We did enjoy floating by the dam, what a tranquil spot! And no, I don't think we made it to the Overton area, but I'm not 100% positive on that, either. I wasn't paying much attention to the names of the areas we were in, only the sights.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12