Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Re: Bridge Collapse in Minneapolis, MN

I'm relieved to hear that our MiceChat family is all accounted for, safe and sound. How tragic. I'm so sorry for those of you living in the middle of this disaster.
    A signature should go here.

• love my friends

Quote Originally Posted by SusieP. View Post
    I'm relieved to hear that our MiceChat family is all accounted for, safe and sound. How tragic. I'm so sorry for those of you living in the middle of this disaster.
    me too thank god all the mice chat family is ok

but i am sad for the others

Friends for life

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    I hope all the other Minnesotans are ok. I haven't heard from MtSplash. Hope he and his family are ok.
    Keep us posted, please!
    A signature should go here.

I can't stop looking at this. The Red Cross web page has a search function so you can see if your friends and family have checked in. I don't think mine will bother; they don't generally go into Mpls proper. I tried to call home earlier but the lines were busy.

My heart hurts for everybody in this. How many people are affected... it boggles the mind. I guess it's like having an earthquake here but this is so unexpected there. Somebody interviewed a woman who was in the Northridge earthquake and now was on the bridge when it went. Can you imagine?
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Shablagoo!

I'm glad we are allright so far and I hope we stay that way. My parent's neighbor's parents live in the area and they cross that bridge all the time. She was real worrried, but they are all ok.

Quote Originally Posted by kelly View Post
    i hate crosing bridges

I remmeber after the SF quake in 87 i think

we went to california and we had to cross the bay bridge.. I cried the entire time.. thinking a quake woudl come and we woudl be cushed
    My Aunt was crossing the bridge during the quake and was about ten yards behind the car that shot that footage of the collapse and that other car when it fell. She was real lucky.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    That is so freaky. I have to drive across any one of three 7 mile bridges whenever I need to go to the other side of the bay and also a bridge if I go to the beach area, so when stuff like this happens it gives me major heebie jeebies.
    Tell me about it. Reminds me of when the barge took out the skyway and no one knew anything about it, and it was foggy, so cars were just driving off the bridge into the bay. Creepers!
    -Bill

• Happy Memories

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    That is so freaky. I have to drive across any one of three 7 mile bridges whenever I need to go to the other side of the bay and also a bridge if I go to the beach area, so when stuff like this happens it gives me major heebie jeebies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Tell me about it. Reminds me of when the barge took out the skyway and no one knew anything about it, and it was foggy, so cars were just driving off the bridge into the bay. Creepers!
    I went over the Skyway that morning. I was too young to remember the actual day, but the years of driving the other span and seeing the broken bridge there left me creeped out for life.

I'm glad to hear all our MCers are thus far safe. My thoughts are with your communities.

That bridge is one of the most heavily tracked bridges in Minnesota with over 139,000 crossing it each day.

One of my co-workers was in the car right behind the school bus. She is ok physically, as well as the children. But she's not riding the Wells Fargo wagon today and is recovering from the experience... she's not all there mentally.

My mother normally is crossing that bridge to go home from downtown Minneapolis EXACTLY at the time the bridge went down, but due to an act of God she wasn't feeling well and her boss had her leave early and go home yesterday.

I travel that bridge frequently, and they have been working on it for longer than what the news reports have been stating... I would say there was work on it for about a year prior to this happening.

Fortunately I was in Hudson when this happened! I had to turn off the news because it was making me sick to my stomach. That bridge is a HUGE link in the Twin Cities.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadoe View Post
    Tha
    Fortunately I was in Hudson when this happened! I had to turn off the news because it was making me sick to my stomach. That bridge is a HUGE link in the Twin Cities.
    I know! I don't know what we are going to do without that bridge. Traffic is going to be crazy for a long time to come.

I am so glad your mom is okay.
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TinkPink View Post
    Thanks everyone. BPF I am glad you are safe, I thought of you as well.

We had family members who were on the bridge 15 minutes before the colapse. So far family and close friends are all accounted for.

Thank God! I went to bed early last night and didn't hear about any of this until now- how horrible!!!! I am so thankful you are all alright!
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

I"m thankful that so far everyone on MC's friends and loved ones are all accounted for.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

TinkPink, BPF, Shadoe - Glad to hear you and yours are doing OK.

MSN has video of the bridge collapse that was shown on the Today Show. It's a security camera and it's a little choppy, but you can see just how quickly the bridge fell. So scary.

http://video.msn.com/v/us/v.htm?g=26...p=Source_Today Show&fg=&gt1=10252

My thoughts to everyone in Minneapolis.
    Last edited by disneytim; 08-02-2007 at 11:32 AM.

I saw that this morning. It just ... went. I can't imagine being on that when it fell but a lot of people were. I was wondering how long it would take for video to surface.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

Quote Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
    Thank God! I went to bed early last night and didn't hear about any of this until now- how horrible!!!! I am so thankful you are all alright!
    Awww thanks sweetie!!
    Quote Originally Posted by alphabassetgrrl View Post
    I saw that this morning. It just ... went. I can't imagine being on that when it fell but a lot of people were. I was wondering how long it would take for video to surface.
    I know, I wondered too. I know there has to be more, they have live cams all over that they show on the news as well as traffic cams. I won't be surprised if several videos show up.
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• Goofy

Our thoughts and condolescenes go out the victims.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast