Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

At a table in front of the French Quarter Market

Exclamation Pedophile recommends Disneyland to others

Has anyone else been hearing about this creep? http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20060340/site/newsweek/ He's been all over the news recently. He had a how-to website for pedophiles which was recently shut down. I heard him interviewed yesterday on KPCC radio and he was talking about his move to So Cal and how he suggested to other pedophiles that it was a good place to live because of all the opportunities to see children, like DISNEYLAND. I felt sick when I heard him say this. This guy likes to go around and take photos of other people's children and put them online. He justifies it by saying, "well, they're in a public place." He now claims he no longer takes closeups and spends hours cropping and enlarging them. Now he only takes shots from farther away. Oh, good.

This terrifies me. If I see any guy taking pictures of my daughter, including at DL, I will smash his teeth in with that camera. A well-placed kick would be satifying too, followed by reporting him to security. I suggest everyone look at his picture because he's walking around free and he could very well be at DL a lot. This guy should be dead.

Fluffy Club Member

Re: Pedophile recommends Disneyland to others

This whole thing just makes me sick. I think he should be put away because he is no better than a drug dealer.

• Circle of Ancients

That is disgusting. He shouldn't even be allowed near Disneyland. He shouldn't be allowed in the state of California or any of the United States. Send him to Uzbekistan.

I'm sorry citizens of Uzbekistan. It was the first place I could think of that was far away.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Not only is this guy absolutely disgusting, but he is also truly scary, IMO. Why don't people like this just go away?
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Banned User

He shouldn't be allowed near any park any place any where, and should be spending time IN THE BIG HOUSE!

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Olbermann
    "CHRIS HANSON...PAGING CHRIS HANSON!"

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by lady3jane View Post
    This terrifies me. If I see any guy taking pictures of my daughter, including at DL, I will smash his teeth in with that camera. A well-placed kick would be satifying too, followed by reporting him to security.
    Followed by you getting hauled off to jail on a valid assault and battery charge, and maybe even a lawsuit.

Not every male photographer is a pedophile, and taking photos of children is hardly proof of any sexual deviancy. Also, last I checked, taking photos is not against the law.

Not defending at all what this guy does, but you need to learn to control your anger and not be terrified by a potential. If you do, you play into the hands of those who want to manipulate you by keeping you terrified.
    Last edited by TiaDalmaFan; 08-02-2007 at 03:49 AM.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by Aura of Foreboding View Post
    That is disgusting. He shouldn't even be allowed near Disneyland. He shouldn't be allowed in the state of California or any of the United States. Send him to Uzbekistan.

I'm sorry citizens of Uzbekistan. It was the first place I could think of that was far away.
    I think Siberia is more remote.... and cold.

• A Pirate's life for me!

Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl View Post
    Why don't people like this just go away?

Because murder is illegal....

Tempting, but illegal.

I just have to keep reminding myself...Illegal.

• I'd rather be @ D-land

Quote Originally Posted by TiaDalmaFan View Post
    Followed by you getting hauled off to jail on a valid assault and battery charge, and maybe even a lawsuit.

Not every male photographer is a pedophile, and taking photos of children is hardly proof of any sexual deviancy. Also, last I checked, taking photos is not against the law.

Not defending at all what this guy does, but you need to learn to control your anger and not be terrified by a potential. If you do, you play into the hands of those who want to manipulate you by keeping you terrified.
    Maybe posting pictures of children (without written child and guardian consent) should be against the law!
    Is this the same guy who was in the Seattle area? why did he move? Nevermind - I read the article: He left after public outcry forced the service provider to shut down his site.
    Last edited by sueb; 08-02-2007 at 08:14 AM.

• For You!

Not that this should happen at Disneyland, but we took my kids trick or treating at our shopping mall last year (they do a big event) and we were asked not to take pictures - due to strangers taking pictures of kids. Scary.

Does anyone else feel that this world is just going in a downward spiral?

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Man O Lantern

Bah. I really hate people sometimes. This guy is a turd who likes attention. And he's getting it. Other likeminded turds will start coming out of the woodwork I'm sure.

Why do people suck so much?? If it takes him molesting a kid to put him away, that makes me sick. It seems like he's got to be doing something illegal that they can get him with? Otherwise, we have to wait until he does something to a child? That's so wrong.

Hopefully with all this attention, a former victim will recognize him and come forward.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

I know they have the sexual offenders lists and they have to disclose where they live, and those charged with pedophile can't live near schools and such . Shouldn't they have a list like this for Disneyland? But I guess that would be hard to monitor.

This is disgusting.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

This is one of the creepiest things I've read lately, and I am STUNNED that I didn't think about what other people might think when I've been working on photo updates or trip reports. The LAST thing I was thinking as an amateur photographer was that others might be thinking I was one of these sick predators that need to be locked up. I took what I thought were some very cute shots of kids having a blast on Pirate Island, and I think I may have taken some shots of the Jedi training academy as well. In these instances, I was putting together a photo update and looking for interesting shots.

Well....this is certainly a heads up to me. I'm going to be extremely paranoid now the next time I'm in the park without my kids taking shots. I haven't gone out of my way to photograph kids, but I HAVE taken shots of a triple stroller (I mean...the thing was HUGE), a kid hugging a character during a parade, kids playing on the new Pirate Lair equipment, etc, etc.

No more.

Thanks for the heads up, and for the reminder to be aware of other people's perceptions while at the park.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by localdisnyfan View Post
    This is one of the creepiest things I've read lately, and I am STUNNED that I didn't think about what other people might think when I've been working on photo updates or trip reports. The LAST thing I was thinking as an amateur photographer was that others might be thinking I was one of these sick predators that need to be locked up. I took what I thought were some very cute shots of kids having a blast on Pirate Island, and I think I may have taken some shots of the Jedi training academy as well. In these instances, I was putting together a photo update and looking for interesting shots.

Well....this is certainly a heads up to me. I'm going to be extremely paranoid now the next time I'm in the park without my kids taking shots. I haven't gone out of my way to photograph kids, but I HAVE taken shots of a triple stroller (I mean...the thing was HUGE), a kid hugging a character during a parade, kids playing on the new Pirate Lair equipment, etc, etc.

No more.

Thanks for the heads up, and for the reminder to be aware of other people's perceptions while at the park.
    As long as you are not taking, posting, and cropping the photos with a sick, twisted, malicious intent, I don't think there is a problem.

This freakin creep had malicious intent when he took, posted, and cropped the pictures.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler View Post
    As long as you are not taking, posting, and cropping the photos with a sick, twisted, malicious intent, I don't think there is a problem.

This freakin creep had malicious intent when he took, posted, and cropped the pictures.
    But you see, that's the rub - there's no way to prove intent based upon merely observing someone taking photos of a child or a group of children, especially in some place like Disneyland. What a person does or doesn't do with photos later on is completely up to the individual.

Unless the guy's snapping photos while rubbing himself, or sporting a visible erection through his pants, or leering and drooling, the simple act of taking photos of a child playing or running around or sitting in a stroller doesn't indicate the intent behind the photography. Some professional photographers even specialize in photos of children, but not with any deviant sexual angle at all.

There's no need for amateur (or professional) photographers to suddenly be paranoid and fear an enraged, violent parent lurking behind every corner at the Park. Just be conscious of the concern, perhaps get the parent's attention and permission to photograph the child (just out of common courtesy), and you should be okay. But, if that's not always possible, don't freak out and let yourself be overcome with fear. Photographing a child is neither illegal nor immoral, and Disneyland is not going to suddenly ban photography in its parks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast