Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Watching People Eat? Do you do it?

I work in a warehouse in the front office, while I don't leave my desk for lunch, (so I can answer the phones) I have a hard time eating in front of people.

This gentleman comes in, I page the respective person he needs to the front and then he stands there and stares at me. I won't eat when someone is right there because I think it's rude. Although considering that I brought the situation on myself, I have no problem waiting until the person leaves.

Have you ever been somewhere and notice someone watching you eat? Does it bother you?

On the other hand, do you enjoy watching others eat their food?

• Senior Minion

Re: Watching People Eat? Do you do it?

I enjoy watching my boyfriend eat - he does it so slowly and calmly. I've actually just stared at him and told him that I love watching him eat ... but he's the only one I watch eat.

• Minion

I too hate being watched while I eat. I don't mind people eating in front of me though, as long as they are not gross eaters or something!

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Only when someone is completely drooling food juice onto their arms and clothes, ending up with stains on their shirts. It's like a train wreck, ya just can't NOT look. Then ya walk away disgusted wondering, how do civilized people eat that way??

• For old time sake

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post

Have you ever been somewhere and notice someone watching you eat? Does it bother you?

On the other hand, do you enjoy watching others eat their food?
    I get self conscious if people watch me eat, but for the love of God people, chew with your mouth closed and if there is food on your mouth WIPE IT OFF. There is nothing more disgusting that poor table manners:

Chewing with your mouth open
    not wiping your mouth
    talking with food in your mouth
    shoveling food in your mouth as if it's going to be taken away from you
    making nasty noises when you eat
    slurping your food
    making gross slurping sounds when your drink is OBVIOUSLY gone. That nasty slurping sound is gross. There is NO MORE LIQUID IN YOUR CUP

If your food comes out first, be courteous and wait for others to get their food as well. Unless they tell you to start eating. Don't be a pig.

Sincerely,

Ms. Disneykat Manners
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

I don't like to be watched while I eat. I tend to "finish" my meal or get too full to eat whenever whoever I'm with has finished their food just for the sake of not holding the other person up.

But I tend to watch my boyfriend when he eats and it drives him crazy! I don't even know that I do it sometimes, just a habit I guess!

•   
    • Kerplookee

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpee View Post
    I only care for Disney bling!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck44 View Post
    Thanks for that.

As long as people are polite and use all the manners that Miss DisneyKat Manners spelled out for us, then I am fine. But poor table manners are my biggest pet peeve ever!! I will leave a room if people are eating loudly, I can't handle it. In fact, I have to do it often when we are with certain (to remain unnamed) family members.
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Experiment626 View Post
    I don't like to be watched while I eat. I tend to "finish" my meal or get too full to eat whenever whoever I'm with has finished their food just for the sake of not holding the other person up.

But I tend to watch my boyfriend when he eats and it drives him crazy! I don't even know that I do it sometimes, just a habit I guess!
    Depending on who Im with, I do the same. Ill automatically become full when other people are done (unless Im really hungry, then you have to wait on me.

When my kids are screwing around when they're supposed to be eating, I stare at them, usually when they notice Im doing that they sit still and eat.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• Colorful

April Showers bring May flowers all in the Golden Afternoon

It definitely does not bother me if people watch when I eat. It does not make any difference to me. Obviously since I am legally blind I don't watch people eat. I may look at people but I can't see what they are eating well enough to be doing that specifically.
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

• Clearing my Calendar

I hate sitting at tables in restaurants. I much prefer a booth and will ALWAYS ask for one if there's the option.

Tables are often too close, which invites wandering eyes. I don't mind so much when the people I am dining WITH watch - that's natural. But when people at neighboring tables start to watch - that's rude.

"You want something to see? I'll give you something to see!"

[see Duck's post for more info]
    "But every night, when it gets dark
    and the stars come out,
    I'll look up on her behalf.
    I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

• Banned User

How about people who love pictures of them taken rubbing food on there faces? look at me "I am acting like an idiot. yeah I have had people tell me, take a picture of me doing this, you often wonder when they will grow up .No one wants to see a full grown adult rub stuff on there face, or licking it, or what ever. give me a break. and as far as watching people eating, why I am buisy eating my self, if not then I do not star at folks. its bad manners.

• This space for rent

The only time I watch people eat is like in Duck44's post for the competitive eating contests. I don't watch people eat in a restaurant, and don't really care for them to watch me eat either, that's the main reason I usually just get take out and rarely eat in a restaurant.

• love my friends

I have never watched people eat.. I think it is rude to. ANd I hope people dont watch me eat

Friends for life

• Hello there

Blog Entries

I don't watch people eat. I don't just sit and stare at anyone for any reason. If they are eating and I am done but I am still sitting and talking to them while they are finishing, if thats what you mean, yeah I do that. But I consider that talking with them, spending time with them, and not watching them eat. If I go out to get something to eat with someone, I will wait until they are finished. I don't care if someone wants to watch me eat. Hey- whatever floats your boat.
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast