Thread: Picture Perfect

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Picture Perfect

I was thinking this morning of the most photographed icons in California, Sleeping Beauty Castle has got to be one of them. I put a list of what my top 5 are and hopefully someone can confirm this for me. In order, with 1 being the most popular...
    1. The Hollywood Sign
    2. The Golden Gate Bridge
    3. Sleeping Beauty Castle
    4. Half Dome/El Capitan
    5. The Chinese Theatre
    As much as I would love to rank it number 1, the reason I put Sleeping Beauty Castle as third is that you have to pay admission to get into Disneyland, and therefore that alone limits the number of people who are in there and can get a photograph of it. If it weren't for that I guarantee it would easily be the most photographed icon in the state.

It would be interesting to see how my ranking matches up with reality. I am sure there is someone out there, or some site that has these actual figures. Or, if you have your own list, that would be interesting to see too!

• Canon DSLR Professional

Re: Picture Perfect

Strange as it may seem...of the more than 5,000 photographs on my web site (I am a professional photographer) none of the above listed places are offered. Perhaps I'm not one to follow the path to the "most" photographed places, though you are likely correct in your assumption of by order on your list.

www.garphoto.com
    Vance DeBar "Pinto" Colvig was born on September 11, 1892. I was born on September 11, 1959. Goofy huh?
    OOPS.....

• Man O Lantern

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    I was thinking this morning of the most photographed icons in California, Sleeping Beauty Castle has got to be one of them. I put a list of what my top 5 are and hopefully someone can confirm this for me. In order, with 1 being the most popular...
    1. The Hollywood Sign
    2. The Golden Gate Bridge
    3. Sleeping Beauty Castle
    4. Half Dome/El Capitan
    5. The Chinese Theatre
    As much as I would love to rank it number 1, the reason I put Sleeping Beauty Castle as third is that you have to pay admission to get into Disneyland, and therefore that alone limits the number of people who are in there and can get a photograph of it. If it weren't for that I guarantee it would easily be the most photographed icon in the state.

It would be interesting to see how my ranking matches up with reality. I am sure there is someone out there, or some site that has these actual figures. Or, if you have your own list, that would be interesting to see too!

I think the top 5 for me as a tourist to California would be:

1. Sleeping Beauty's Castle
    2. Grauman's
    3. Santa Monica Pier
    4. Golden Gate Bridge
    5. Drive-thru tree in the Redwoods

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by DippyDawg'32 View Post
    Strange as it may seem...of the more than 5,000 photographs on my web site (I am a professional photographer) none of the above listed places are offered. Perhaps I'm not one to follow the path to the "most" photographed places, though you are likely correct in your assumption of by order on your list.

www.garphoto.com
    Yeah, my listing is more of an assumption than anything else. Not insisting on it so if someone has a for sure list that would be interesting to see. Maybe I am totally off, and that would be even more interesting to know.