Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

Angel Stadium Health Violations

Apparently Angel Stadium has a major vermin infestation problem. This is just disturbing:

Violations

MAJOR: Refers to rodent, cockroach or other vermin activity in "critical" areas of a restaurant such as in the meat cutting area or crawling on top of cooking equipment. Health inspectors will either see the vermin or see evidence of their recent presence, such as fresh rat droppings.

MINOR: Refers to rodent, cockroach or other vermin activity observed in "non-food handling" areas of a restaurant, such as in janitorial areas, near dumpsters, restrooms and change rooms. Health inspectors will see entrance holes in the walls or ceiling or observe a few, old rodent droppings on the floor. Restaurants can also be cited for minor vermin violations if their front and back doors are left open, fly fans are broken or not installed, or door sweeps are missing.

Source: Orange County Health Care Agency
    Full story

http://www.ocregister.com/news/stadi...lations-health

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Re: Angel Stadium Health Violations

It's a huge, open structure. I can't imagine there is a way of keeping critters out. I know for a fact they have cats there, too, because one of our MCers found a litter of kittens there!

Not that I'm justifying it (ew! ew! ew!), but it sounds like they need to do a better job of cleaning up. That's what attracts the pests.
    A signature should go here.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mousercise View Post
    Apparently Angel Stadium has a major vermin infestation problem. This is just disturbing:
    Assuming this is all true, this is very disturbing indeed.

I know in the old days of Anaheim Stadium they cleaned up the debris right after the game...there's absolutely no reason why that should not be done, still. Let all that garbage sit, until 6AM?

Leave cooking stations with unwashed utensils and greasy countertops? How utterly unprofessional, and just plain stupid!

And check out some of those reader comments at the end of the Register article...very strange indeed.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

When did Remy and company become Angel fans?

(I was going to make a comment about the Yankees, but I went the other way...)

Time to start bringing the food from home...

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Unacceptable. I've now read the whole article. What part of "hire a night crew" do they not understand?
    A signature should go here.

• Tower Fanatic Since 1996

Come on, have you guys learned nothing from Ratatouille? Learn to accept the rats!
    Tyler

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by SusieP. View Post
    Unacceptable. I've now read the whole article. What part of "hire a night crew" do they not understand?
    Exactly. I fully expect that there would be some critters lurking around (I've seen them at DL before and that hasn't scared me away yet) but that they don't even clean up the trash for at least 12 hours after a game is bad bad bad. Yuck.

• Disgruntled Former CM

Disneyland is not without its own "little vermin problem" (and I am not discussing the debate about whether the new Remy and Emile characters are "too tall" either):

Besides the cats that live everywhere on the property (and help to keep the mice / rat / rodent problem in check), ask an 'old Timer' about:

Spoiler

RATS on Tom Sawyer's Island: when they used to have food service at the Fort, un-sold brownies had to be covered at night; didn't matter what was done, the rats would invade the building at night, gnaw through the cardboard / cellophane and eat all the nuts on the brownies; CMs would come in first thing in the morning to find half eaten trays of brownies - and very FAT rats.... otherwise, Guests drop enough popcorn and food on the Island every day to feed a healthy population...

Whenever they have drained the Rivers Of America to do work, at night you could see HUNDREDS of rats making their way to the 'mainland' across the now-dry river; every restaurant in Disneyland has to take extra measures to keep the rats out of the kitchens / food at night.

• in technicolor!

Ew. Ew. Ew.

I knew I didn't like it there. There is no excuse for leaving trash out that long. Gross.

• For old time sake

In N Out has rat problems too....Just sayin.
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• A Pirate's life for me!

When I used to be involved with the pre-game activites at the Oakland Coliseum, I used to always watch the rats walk along the walls which were underneath the bleacher area and the food courts.

The first time that I noticed them, I told the employee that I was there with and he just shrugged his shoulders and said, "you get used to them".

• Santa Barbara, CA

Whenever you have 40k people tossing food on the ground for 4 hours you will attract those who want to eat the scraps. Imagine how attractive that is to rodents. DL has HUGE rodent issues too. Now add having Jungles and wilderness to house Rats by day.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

It can't help to have the trash sitting there all night. Gross. I guess I'm stopping to eat on the way to the game from now on.

• Minion

I see a new food offering in the making.

Home Grown.

• Done and Gone

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/s...e=MLBHeadlines

Looks like they acted sooner rather than later. Nice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast