Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Flames Fan/Oiler Hater

European Vacation (yet another trip report)

Well, this summer I went on another European trip (I went on one last summer, made a trip report about it). This time I went to England and France again to see some friends. It was absolutely amazing.

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Joe/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Joe/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg[/IMG]

In front of St. Pauls Cathedral (see if you can find me ^^)

Its the Tower Bridge! Cool.

Its Ben with Ben!

Absolutely gorgeous sunset that we saw on the flight over.

The charming English town of Henley-on-Thames. We saw the Henley Regatta there!

With Captain Jack at Madame Tussauds! It was crazy in this room, everyone was pushing and shoving to get up by him to get a picture.

I met the Queen!! (well, a wax statue of her at least)

And met this charming fellow among other famous dictators.

At Windsor Castle. Some guard told us that the Queen was going to come out and do a greeting thing but she never did, we waited for about an hour. We felt gypped.

The guards that day didn't have the fuzzy hats . But I got my picture with one anyway!

With Queen Vicky in front of Windsor Castle

On the London Eye with my two friends, Alex and Misty.

Misty with a red phone box. (I actually saw one of these in Calgary the other day. I was gobsmacked)

Moving on to Coventry, where I was staying with another MiceChatter, Speedway!

We went to Birmingham one day, Andy said that I looked 'French' in this picture.

Birmingham had quite the city hall.

They also had a beach set up in the middle of the town, which we thought was pretty cool. Although it was full of annoying little kids.

Another day we went to Alton Towers. This ride was really intense, you went from 0 to 100 kilometres per hour in about 2 seconds.

Alton Towers was like a poor mans Disneyland (which isn't meant to be a knock against it). It was HUGE and was built around an actual castle.

We went up 'Leicester Tower' on the castle, Andrew was apprehensive about going around the castle ruins though. No sense of adventure.

On Rita Queen of Speed, I had to quickly snap this picture while the person was looking the other way.

In front of the castle

Went back to London with Andrew, please don't ask why I'm wearing an I Love New York shirt haha. This is in Piccadilly Circus.

Buckingham Palace! We walked here from Trafalgar Square by walking down the Mall which was really nice. It made other malls look like crap.

With a Harrod's doorman. This guy was weird. He initially said he would let people take pictures with him if they were girls, and we thought he was being serious.

Went to a West End show called Avenue Q, it was incredible! And we got the tickets super cheap too, only 20 pounds each.

On my last day with Andrew in Coventry we went to Godiva Fest which was really awesome. The English have some weird festival traditions. Such as shaking up beers, opening them, and then swirling them around showering everyone with beer. They also will throw the cans.

Then did the bumper cars with Andrew and his friends, who were all very lovely people.

End of the day, and end of a fine week with a MiceChatter. I find it truly incredible that I was able to meet and actually go stay with someone who I met on Micechat.
    The next day I was off to France via the Eurostar!

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Joe/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.jpg[/IMG]

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Re: European Vacation (yet another trip report)

Splash, what a great start to your TR! I've never been to Europe. Thanks to you I feel like I'm going along! Nice job.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

YES!!!! I've been waiting for this!! Awesome pictures so far!! So glad you got a chance to hang out with Andy! I so hope you guys can both make it to the states next summer so I can meet you guys!!

And.... you got your hair cut!! Looks great!!!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Senior Minion

Those pictures were amazing!! It looks like you had a wonderful time out there. It's my dream to go to Europe someday, and this is as close as I will get, so thanks for making me feel like I was there.
    Great TR!!!!!! Thanks for sharing!
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• Flames Fan/Oiler Hater

Quote Originally Posted by Joshrzmeup View Post
    Those pictures were amazing!! It looks like you had a wonderful time out there. It's my dream to go to Europe someday, and this is as close as I will get, so thanks for making me feel like I was there.
    Great TR!!!!!! Thanks for sharing!
    Well you know, this trip was actually really cheap. It only cost me about $2000 (canadian) for 3 weeks in Europe, and I really could have been a lot thriftier. (Did I really need to buy a shirt that cost 20 pounds (about $40) in London? Probably not)

And thats including the flight cost.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I love the shorter hair.

Great trip report.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

Awesome pics and what a great trip! Thanks for sharing. I can't wait for more!

• Flames Fan/Oiler Hater

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I love the shorter hair.

Great trip report.
    Yeah haha, it makes quite a difference doesn't it?

Last year:

This year:

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

My grandson is going through the longer hair period in his life. I just wish that he would comb it from time to time.

• most magical vaca ever

Loving the TR so far I am sooo jealous!!!

I love the I NY tee in London
    ~~~~~~

• Again! Again! Again!

Great report! Glad you had such a wonderful time!!
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

• Flames Fan/Oiler Hater

Quote Originally Posted by DMof2 View Post
    Loving the TR so far I am sooo jealous!!!

I love the I NY tee in London
    Yeah, Andrew and I were laughing about how I probably look like a very confused tourist.

"Uh... excuse me, could you tell me where the Statue of Liberty is? I've been searching for hours and can't find it anywhere!"

• most magical vaca ever

Quote Originally Posted by splashmountainfreak View Post
    Yeah, Andrew and I were laughing about how I probably look like a very confused tourist.

"Uh... excuse me, could you tell me where the Statue of Liberty is? I've been searching for hours and can't find it anywhere!"
    That's great! I have to remember to pack my Hollywood Tee when I go to Florida in April
    ~~~~~~

• She was sweet as a peach

Great report! I am so jealous!!
    We went to London and Paris four years ago and I have been wanting to go back!
    I can't wait to see your pictures of Paris!

• Flames Fan/Oiler Hater

Well, mine as well get some of France up here too!

Here I am in the town I was staying in in France. A really really really old town by the name of Arras in the Pas de Calais region (Northern France). You history buffs will be interested to know that it was a very key city in both world wars, and was nearly leveled twice.

Here I am with mes French ladies (the one I was staying with was Charlotte, she's on the left). On the night I arrived we had a drink outside in a nice French cafe.

Outside the Banque de France, which was set up like a fortress really. I was really annoyed because I could only get out 60 euros a day (and only 40 pounds a day in England). It was inexplicable really, but methinks my parents had something to do with it.

We went to the Musee des Beux Arts d'Arras (The Arras Museum of Beautiful Art, if you can't understand a lick of French) the following day which had these really cool things put into two of the hallways. They were called perspective art or something like that.

We were mimicking the statues. There were tons of them.

After the museum we dropped by the "Beffroi" (that building in the first picture of this post). We went up to the top of that bell tower, and when we came down we saw these giant 15th century 'dolls'. They frightened poor Alex (Charlotte's friend, also pictured above).

Chocoholics.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast