Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Northwest Micechatters Meet at EMP!!

• Banned User

Re: Northwest Micechatters Meet at EMP!!

This is what brought us together today for the 3rd Northwestern Micechatters meet! I will tell it from my entrance to the meet, because a part of the gang met up at a burger joint first for lunch. I met up with them at the EMP (Experience Music Project) in downtown Seattle.

I walked around, not sure who looked like what, when suddenly a group of a few were walking toward me....one who looked a bit like a Simpsonized version of himself from his avatar, and one in a Disneyland sweatshirt....I was pretty sure I'd met part of my group!!!!! And, as suspected...I had!

I met first with Melonballer, ecdlanddude, Inspired By Walt, Disney Banks and her mom. Soon followed by (I hope my memory is serving me!) Simply Mad and hubby and Tinkermoney with hubby and 2 cutie pie kiddos! Melonballer spoils us...this was a delicious treat that he made for the meet! And, Tinkermonkey provided yummy bags of M & M's!!!

We were soon joined by Llebreknit (whose name has confused me for so long, but, it's just Tinkerbell spelled backward!! ha!), she was accompanied by her little cutie daughter who is 4.

We all stood outside for a while and visited...eating Melonballer treats and getting introduced to those we'd not met. This was my first meet, so, it was real nice to finally put faces, in person, to the names I've seen for so long.

Tinkermonkey presented each of us with these amazing magnets which were made for us by Rixter & Mickey Maxx! Thanks to you both!

Next was to go inside and meander the gift shop for a bit. Apparently all of the merchandise is picked over since the exhibit is almost at an end, but, there were still things to be bought!!!

Luckily for me, I just returned from DL 2 weeks ago tomorrow, so, I didn't have the urgent need to buy anything Disney at this time! (Especially not in my hometown!!!)

We all gathered for group photos....and what a handsome group we are, eh??

(Left to right)

Disney Banks mom, Disney Banks, Tinkermonkey, I Heart Disneyland, Melonballer, (in front of him 2 little Tinkermonkeys), ecdlanddude, Llebreknit & daughter, just behind her is Inspired By Walt, next to him Mr. Simply Mad and last, but certainly not least, Simply Mad.

Last edited by I Heart Disneyland; 08-11-2007 at 07:43 PM.

• Minion

No snickerdoodles?
    I am really looking forward to this report!
    Last edited by samsma; 08-11-2007 at 05:57 PM.

• love my friends

Love it so far janine

Friends for life

• Banned User

Once inside, we made our way to the Disney part of the EMP, which is why we were there in the first place! They had some really wonderful history and displays. They had the jacket worn by Burt in Mary Poppins, they had a Belle dress from the stage performance of Beauty and the Beast. Sadly, cameras were forbidden, but, being the good rule follower I am, I only cheated twice! Here are the barker bird from the Tiki Room as well as a few masks from the Lion King. To me, the bird was the most amazing!!!

They had some concept art as well and one of my favorite things was a board where you could listen to the Yo Ho song and omit certain parts of it. Just hearing say Thurl Ravenscroft, or the singing pirate by the donkey, etc. Melonballer showed me that thingy and it was really cool. I enjoyed that a lot. They also had this wall of records, all placed in the Mickey head pattern. Again, a good rule follower would never take this photo, but, I am not so good at that stuff!

You don't get a group of DL freaks/geeks/nerds (we all have our preferred titles!! haha!) and not have one or two sneak a photo, right? It's like snapping photos on the dark rides! (Only not quite as fun!) They also had a Disney trivia game which we all lined up and played. We could play 4 at a time, and I admit, Melonballer pretty much kicked butt though the rest of us were darn good too!!!!!! (Grumble, grumble, Melonballer...grumble!)

After seeing the Disney stuff, we wandered around the whole place. I went with Melonballer and ecdlanddude to the guitar room where I hoped beyond ALL hope to find anything Beatles in there, but, did not. The Jimi Hendrix section was closed, which was a huge bummer because he's from Seattle, etc. I did see the "grunge" era stuff . I like Pearl Jam and saw some of their stuff. Also, Heart, who hails from the great northwest...Seattle area.

There was another AWESOME section of science fiction stuff and we went in there last. Some of the group had left, so, I went with Tinkermonkey, her hubby and cutie pies, and Melonballer and we saw some amazing costumes.

We saw the wicked witch's hat from the Wizard of Oz. The original hat!!! We saw costumes for: Indiana Jones, Ghostbusters, Superman (George Reeve), ET, a Stormtrooper from Star Wars, Riddler (Jim Carrey), Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle, so many...I can't remember them all, but, I was super impressed, I must say.
    Last edited by I Heart Disneyland; 08-11-2007 at 07:48 PM.

• love my friends

janine I love the photos esepcially the group shot

Friends for life

• Banned User

Alrighty then....strange interuption of service there!

Okay---we all know that DL has a Monorail. We all love it and ride it and think it's amazing!

• Banned User

Hear me out!!!!!! We are cool in Seattle too. We also have a monorail...so...without further ado..........the SEATTLE MONORAIL! (Drumroll please...........)

Impressive? You betcha! We're no O.C. but we have a monorail in Seattle!!!

It was a wonderful day and I want to thank all of you that met at the EMP for making it a great first NW MC meet for me! I hope to come to many more!
    Last edited by I Heart Disneyland; 08-11-2007 at 07:22 PM.

• love my friends

thatsw right seattle does have a monorail system

Friends for life

• Pathetically Obsessed

That was so fun! It was lovely to meet you in person, and of course, wonderful to see the gang together again!
    "Fire at will, boys!"

"Which one's Will?

• Minion

Looks like a super fun time!

• Banned User

I do regret that I didn't join everyone for Dick's Drive In. I LOVE those greasy burgers, fries and chocolate shakes!!!!

It really was a good time! I loved it!

What a great report, Janine!! I had so much fun meeting all of you today! Hopefully I can make the trip up next time!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by disneybanks View Post
    What a great report, Janine!! I had so much fun meeting all of you today! Hopefully I can make the trip up next time!
    Thank you for driving SO far to meet us!!! Tell everyone where your parents went on their honeymoon and how long ago it was...I love that story!!!!!!!!! I ran home and told my hubby. It was so nice meeting you too. Maybe one day we will have occasion to go to OR for a meet!

So, my parents were married in 1957, and they actually went to Disneyland on their honeymoon! September 15th will be 50 years. There's a reason I've got Disneyland running through my veins. I'm going to have to go through their boxes of pictures and see if I can find any of them at the park.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast